CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

In terms of maps, given that there will be 20 at launch, + 15 DLC, with 6 of each being for Warzone...

that leaves 14 launch and 9 DLC for Arena & BTB. Not bad by any means, but hope most of them are Arena. Also, are breakout maps/variants or forge maps included in that number, @@Sal1ent @@Moa @@Saucey

Hoping for at least two more Arena maps at launch, besides Truth, Regret, Empire, Eden, & Fathom. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's a really short animation, literally doesn't last more than a second but you do lose your ability to shoot while performing it. It adds a risk factor to powerups. 

You can NOT Sprint with the Flag. Holmes got back to us on this. We'll be updating the video annotations to mention this.

You can NOT Sprint with the Flag. Holmes got back to us on this. We'll be updating the video annotations to mention this.

Animation is quick. 

Keep in mind that you have a movement debuff when holding the Flag like past games so the Thruster will not be as effective.

HCS will feature Sprint at launch. He literally means keeping the HCS and base game nearly identical and is entirely open to change post-launch.

----

If you guys have any questions or need any clarification, please ask.

So is HCS going to feature AR/Pistol starts?

I wonder if we will be able to use gameplay-altering accessories in custom games, for example, what if there's a version of the BR which is much better than the standard one for competitive play?

I don't know how hard having 24 players in a custom match would be.. I'm thinking back at Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Titanfall, etc.. and those games came out what, 2+ years ago? How can a AAA top-priority game not be able to add 8 more players in customs

I'm curious if any of the Warzone maps will be cut off to downsize them into 8v8 maps. It would make sense, given that we can't Forge them like this ourselves. Would also be safe to assume such maps would not be counted towards the total map count.

At least I hope they don't let all this space go to waste.

I wonder if we will be able to use gameplay-altering accessories in custom games, for example, what if there's a version of the BR wich is much better than the standard one for competitive play?

I'm sure that'll be an option. Then again, if Warzone isn't playable in customs games and it's the only confirmed place where gameplay altering weapon features are allowed, it may not be.

In terms of maps, given that there will be 20 at launch, + 15 DLC, with 6 of each being for Warzone...

that leaves 14 launch and 9 DLC for Arena & BTB. Not bad by any means, but hope most of them are Arena. Also, are breakout maps/variants or forge maps included in that number, @@Sal1ent @@Moa @@Saucey

Hoping for at least two more Arena maps at launch, besides Truth, Regret, Empire, Eden, & Fathom. 

I didn't listen to the audio, but I'm going to make the assumption that the arena/BTB maps thing is just a miscommunication. It would make literally zero sense for BTB to not be in matchmaking on day one even though the player count is supported (and then some) and the maps and gametypes are included at launch.

For the final map count I'm thinking that Orion/Pegasus are included, and the two crossfire maps are included. That leaves five arena maps to be accounted for. Probably two more crossfire maps, a Fathom remix, and then some other competitive 4v4 map plus that remix.

So there are those pre order guns and then there are skins, but we unlock those guns the same way.

I didn't listen to the audio, but I'm going to make the assumption that the BTB thing is just a miscommunication. It would make literally zero sense for BTB to not be in matchmaking on day one even though the player count is supported (and then some) and the maps and gametypes are included at launch.

For the final map count I'm thinking that Orion/Pegasus are included, and the two crossfire maps are included. That leaves five arena maps to be accounted for. Probably two more crossfire maps, a Fathom remix, and then some other competitive 4v4 map plus that remix.

No day one BTB has been confirmed several times now.

No day one BTB has been confirmed several times now.

I'm aware of that. Which is why it makes no sense for there to be BTB maps on disc at launch, if it's already been decided this far out.

I wonder if we will be able to use gameplay-altering accessories in custom games, for example, what if there's a version of the BR which is much better than the standard one for competitive play?

Honestly, I want everything in custom games, no reason not to unless technical difficulties. This could be the best halo for custom games if we get 24 players.

I'm aware of that. Which is why it makes no sense for there to be BTB maps on disc at launch, if it's already been decided this far out.

Probably because some of us won't have too much trouble playing BTB customs until a playlist is released. Additionally it'll be really nice to be able to learn all the spawns and timers on the maps ahead of the playlist going live - saves the hassle of learning that stuff the slow way.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Honestly, I want everything in custom games, no reason not to unless technical difficulties. This could be the best halo for custom games if we get 24 players.

would be cool. 

24 man Trash Compactor  :goat:  :walshy:  :walshy:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Probably because some of us won't have too much trouble playing BTB customs until a playlist is released. Additionally it'll be really nice to be able to learn all the spawns and timers on the maps ahead of the playlist going live - saves the hassle of learning that stuff the slow way.

If all the pieces are there and ready to go (maps, gametypes, weapons, vehicles, player count supported), why wouldn't it just be a day one playlist?

would be cool. 

24 man Trash Compactor  :goat:  :walshy:  :walshy:

24 man Jenga on a tower smaller than ever

• Upvote (+1) 3

If all the pieces are there and ready to go (maps, gametypes, weapons, vehicles, player count supported), why wouldn't it just be a day one playlist?

Presumably because as we've learned from the way playlists were/are handled in H4 and MCC that it's not that easy. If they can't do everything well in time for launch then I'd rather they delayed some playlists so that when they do go live they don't run into unforeseen technical hitches.

Besides, what would the point be in downloading a bunch of maps just a couple of weeks after launch purely for the sake of one playlist? That would sabotage the population. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't think they have the gametypes/weapons and stuff setup and balanced since they're spending all their time fixing up warzone. 

Assets are there, but I'm assuming the settings won't be the most balanced and they just thrown random stuff in it.

If the pistol has been buffed appropriately, that could be a good thing

Key word there is nearly. I don't see the HCS using AR/Pistol starts but they haven't announced anything.

24 man Jenga on a tower smaller than ever

24 man Cops and Robbers when a 12 year old kills you for no reason  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1