CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

In the audio, he says that HCS will start off with sprint. He says they're "open" to no sprint, but they've been having the no-Sprint feedback for years. They already know our opinion on it, they're just trying for another push, and the community is changing/talking less and less about Sprint by the month, so Sprint staying in is more likely than we would like to think.

I'm listening to the audio now, and he definitely was hinting at that but he did not say there would definitely be sprint in HCS at launch. He talked broader about keeping it close to vanilla, but didn't explicitly mention sprint, even though the question was about sprint. That said, it's practically certain that you're right and it'll start with sprint.

Holy fuck, 6 Warzone maps to start? Damnnnnn. 6 more after? That's fucking awesome.

Must mean quite a bit of arena maps at launch.

A few things.

I hope they introduce some new features to theatre, it's only seen downgrades since H3.

Power animation feels unnecessary, I fail to see anything wrong with classic pickups. Hopefully if these concerns are realised they can change it back easily.

(EDIT: Moa pretty much resolved this concern already)

Easy weapon tweaks are good. Hopefully these will be voiced to the community prior to being implemented and can be discussed.

"Oracle" mode for Spectating is also a good addition. I still want to see this in action (in its final form), even in a small video like COD has done previously.

Hoping HCS gets a HUGE promotional budget. I'm fine with vanilla settings early on but I hope it evolves quickly. By the first event we should be far beyond V1 (Unless they wanna start with V0.1) Regardless the first events settings can be vanilla but they need to have already gone through multiple iterations.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Why is literally everything an animation? I know some animations are cool and all, but it's literally just taking people away from the game for a period of time. Before I know it, it's going to have a green shower where you have to use soap and shampoo to apply the Overshield. It's a little nuts. I feel like this also means we won't be able to nade them around the map like CE or other power weapons.

I'm also missing the point on how we have to include an over-the-top animation and/or lowering our weapon for everything.

- Assassinations

- Power up's

- Sprinting

-Clambering

It's supposed to be competitive right? I shouldn't be lowering my weapon... ever.

Holy shit, I'm really liking what I'm hearing so far... HCS can be HUGE if they pull it off right and not include sprint quick enough after launch if they decide to try it.

@@Sal1ent

Can you plz add taunts that I can do in game via the d-pad

I don't know if you're joking but this absolutely needs to happen. Disrespecting opponents with taunts in-game is essential to the competitive scene.

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@Sal1ent

Oh lord, I will dish out serious cash on REQ packs for individual taunts via the d-pad.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's a bit odd that BTB maps will be included in the launch map count, but the actual experience won't be in matchmaking. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense given the context about manpower and how they were pushing for a ZBR for war zone... evidently the maps are already there, the gametypes are already there, so what's the problem?

• Upvote (+1) 2

interview felt underwhelming

i am guessing the "interview recording" was done for the write up because the topics were all over the place and interruptions etc.

@@Sal1ent

if they are gonna do weapon skins should also add animation where you show off the gun

In the audio, he says that HCS will start off with sprint. He says they're "open" to no sprint, but they've been having the no-Sprint feedback for years. They already know our opinion on it, they're just trying for another push, and the community is changing/talking less and less about Sprint by the month, so Sprint staying in is more likely than we would like to think.

At this point we'd be lucky to not have ground pound in HCS settings because I think pounding your way across the map with the flag is a bit gimmicky..

giphy.gif

This was taken via HaloGaf but I want to do this after I rek someone

• Upvote (+1) 1

A little annoyed by the fact that we have ANOTHER animation preventing shooting. It's getting ridiculous at this point.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Wonder if Thrust-tossing the flag will be a thing.

Oh shit yeah.  I wonder how far you can toss the flag at all.  like H1/H2 you could really chuck it.  I want that back!

Is a beatdown while holding an objective still an insta-kill?  I would prefer momentum based like H2.

Hey guys, 

We took down the audio, Josh clarified some things later to us that he wasnt sure of on the spot, so to prevent any confusion we removed it. All of the correct information from the audio is in the article though :) 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Why did they buff the pistol to near CE levels.

Its going to make the BR/DMR feel underwhelming expecially on smaller maps

• Downvote (-1) 2

J.R.+Smith+3+Point+Celebration.gif

I WILL GLADLY PAY HIGH DOLLAR FOR THIS TAUNT

• Upvote (+1) 2

@@Sal1ent

I want a Stone Cold Steve Austin style end game animation.

Someone throws you beer from offscreen and you catch it and chug it.

• Upvote (+1) 2