CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

"weeks after the game launches, not months" in regards to BTB.

Great news. I just pray its true. 

Great interview Saucey. Godlike Content! :saucey:

• Upvote (+1) 5

I'm wondering how long the powerup animation is going to last and how vulnerable you'll be during it.

343 Industries have also added an oracle mode that is seen in games like Call of Duty and CounterStrike which allows spectators to see player outlines through walls to get a general idea of where the other team is and what they are doing.

:weback:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Ugh, so the first season of H5 HCS is going to have sprint? I hope 343 knows how hard it is to trust them when they say "we'll think about not including sprint in the future" after Halo 4 & Halo 5. I'm glad there's a toggle, but I still can't help but feel it's a more of an attempt to quiet the "vets" rather than improve the competitive experience.

PLZ NO SPRINT WITH THE FLAG

In Capture the Flag, players will now be able to use the following Spartan Abilities while holding the flag – Clamber, Ground Pound and Thrust.

No sprint it looks like.

I'm wondering how long the powerup animation is going to last and how vulnerable you'll be during it.

Same. That doesn't sound like a good change, in my view. The thrill of stealing camo from the other team and running for your life until you're invisible and safe is a really rewarding experience (I'm thinking especially of Guardian here), and extra time to pick it up might make that impossible.

I guess I'm not too impressed with the article. There was basically no unexpected good news in it. Things like customs join in progress (great for warmup FFAs) and no non-Warzone matchming join in progress are really non-negotiables and expected. No LAN support hurts pretty bad.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thruster for flag runner is going to be interesting.

I wonder if it'll balance out with Sprint\Thrust for those not holding the flag. I was worried that Flag runner would be hunted down ridiculously quickly.

Also his explanation for rotating core playlists like Snipers and dubs..... Not sold at all. Completely bullshit imo. Rotations are good for casual playlists like Fiesta or Action Sack, but not super-competetive playlists that have had core communities for years....

• Upvote (+1) 6

Ugh, so the first season of H5 HCS is going to have sprint? I hope 343 knows how hard it is to trust them when they say "we'll think about not including sprint in the future" after Halo 4 & Halo 5. I'm glad there's a toggle, but I still can't help but feel it's a more of an attempt to quiet the "vets" rather than improve the competitive experience.

I only read the article, but it sounded like it would possibly not have sprint. He even mentioned a launch playlist with no sprint, which would mean "vanilla" could include no sprint.

Same. That doesn't sound like a good change, in my view. The thrill of stealing camo from the other team and running for your life until you're invisible and safe is a really rewarding experience (I'm thinking especially of Guardian here), and extra time to pick it up might make that impossible.

I guess I'm not too impressed with the article. There was basically no unexpected good news in it. Things like customs join in progress (great for warmup FFAs) and no non-Warzone matchming join in progress are really non-negotiables and expected. No LAN support hurts pretty bad.

Same feeling here. No great news but a few not-so-great news. 

Cliffs for interview 

- Its something we've always talked about its in the back of our minds

- were open to it

lol

• Upvote (+1) 3

They could have sold me a copy if they said at least one or a few playlists won't have sprint or radar. If HCS continues to use sprint and thrust, I'm staying out. 

Well that was.. underwhelming. What surprisingly stood out for me in that interview was the fact that you can ground pound with a flag and use it as a spear. Apparently flag juggling has "evolved" to flag pounding now -_-.

Pretty sure Holmes vaguely implied that HCS will probably feature spartan abilities at the beginning as well and that there won't be a no sprint playlist at launch.

"Holmes made it clear that two different teams were working on these titles and that the MCC team would continue to listen to feedback and release updates when appropriate." I can't help but think this translates to "After Halo 5 releases everyone will be working on Halo 5 and we'll release updates for MCC when we feel like it".

• Upvote (+1) 2

NO JIP FOR ARENA WOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

:weback:  :weback:  :weback:  :weback:

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's a really short animation, literally doesn't last more than a second but you do lose your ability to shoot while performing it. It adds a risk factor to powerups. 

You can NOT Sprint with the Flag. Holmes got back to us on this. We'll be updating the video annotations to mention this.

No sprint it looks like.

You can NOT Sprint with the Flag. Holmes got back to us on this. We'll be updating the video annotations to mention this.

Animation is quick. 

Thruster for flag runner is going to be interesting.

I wonder if it'll balance out with Sprint\Thrust for those not holding the flag. I was worried that Flag runner would be hunted down ridiculously quickly.

Keep in mind that you have a movement debuff when holding the Flag like past games so the Thruster will not be as effective.

I only read the article, but it sounded like it would possibly not have sprint. He even mentioned a launch playlist with no sprint, which would mean "vanilla" could include no sprint.

HCS will feature Sprint at launch. He literally means keeping the HCS and base game nearly identical and is entirely open to change post-launch.

----

If you guys have any questions or need any clarification, please ask.

• Upvote (+1) 2

In the audio, he says that HCS will start off with sprint. He says they're "open" to no sprint, but they've been having the no-Sprint feedback for years. They already know our opinion on it, they're just trying for another push, and the community is changing/talking less and less about Sprint by the month, so Sprint staying in is more likely than we would like to think.

• Upvote (+1) 2

They could have sold me a copy if they said at least one or a few playlists won't have sprint or radar.

He pretty much said there would be.