CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

"Also, we just got the *green light* on the interview - QA. 

Stand by "

:weback:  :walshy:  :walshy:  :walshy:  :walshy:  :walshy:  :walshy:  :walshy:  :walshy:  :walshy:  :walshy:  :walshy:  :weback:

I consider that 100%.

It was targeted at MY demographic. I play 90% of my games in BTB. Its all good, and its going to backfire on them. Just like everything else that they force down our throats. I already know the crew I roll in BTB with (14-15 different guys), aren't buying H5 until BTB gets put in. 

14-15 people are all refraining from buying a game because it won't have a specific game mode in it (but does include one that is very similar and would allow more of them to play together)?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Yes they should of dropped everything trying to fix a completely broken game to throw BTB OBJ in and ranks

Who cares if the game works? As long as we have ranks and btb obj!

Game shouldn't have been broken in the first place if 343 did their jobs correctly. 

"Shortly After Lanuch"

Just like we got BTB Objective "shortly after launch" in H4. 6 Months.

Just like we got ranks "shortly after launch" in MCC. 6 Months. 

Obviously I hope it's faster than that, but I don't begrudge them for getting the mode that will drive funds to cover for free DLC maps out first, if they had to do one before the other.

Didn't we say the same thing for Halo 4 which honestly has a shit ton more hype going into it? Nobody outside of the dedicated Halo community is talking about this game and for good reason. We can get all this stuff already. All warzone is is a copy paste "training grounds" from CoD but on a bigger scale. Woohoo! I can't wait to get backsmaked by an elite while getting shot at by a banshee, ran over by a worthog, snipped at by a jackle, all while fighting off an enemy player. It has if people call "bullshit" on half their deaths in FPS games, this shit is really going to make controllers fly.

No one outside of the Halo community is talking about this? Do you happen to live in a cave without Internet access? War zone is a separate mode that has nothing to do with Arena. Stop dude-broing and actually think about what you are saying.

• Upvote (+1) 2

14-15 people are all refraining from buying a game because it won't have a specific game mode in it (but does include one that is very similar and would allow more of them to play together)?

Warzone is nothing like BTB, lets be real. Just because its 12v12 doesn't make it the same game mode. 

Look, I'm not hating on Warzone. It looks like it could be a fun playlist to fuck around in once a week. What I'm pissed off about is the removal of BTB in an attempt to force us (BTB kids) to all play their random, casual playlist. 

Game shouldn't have been broken in the first place if 343 did their jobs correctly. 

But you know the game was almost completely outsourced right! Horrible decision obviously and im not defending that the game should have launched like that but they bit off alittle more than they could chew and got fucked. The point im trying to make is that this game will probably not come with as many problems as MCC obviously and that turns that 6 month wait alot shorter

War Zone accomplishes the same thing as BTB just at an extreme, and therefor is a reasonable area to inform BTB tweaks before its put out.

No one outside of the Halo community is talking about this? Do you happen to live in a cave without Internet access? War zone is a separate mode that has nothing to do with Arena. Stop dude-broing and actually think about what you are saying.

I have zero idea what dude-broing is. lol I'm not a hardcore 16 year old with green/blue hair and gauges, guy. You'll have to inform me on the teeny bop vernacular.

• Downvote (-1) 2

Warzone is nothing like BTB, lets be real. Just because its 12v12 doesn't make it the same game mode. 

Look, I'm not hating on Warzone. It looks like it could be a fun playlist to fuck around in once a week. What I'm pissed off about is the removal of BTB in an attempt to force us (BTB kids) to all play their random, casual playlist. 

What makes Warzone more casual or random than BTB? I am genuinely interested in the answer to this question. It appears to me that Warzone actually has the potential to be highly strategic (coordinating REQ purchases, split pushing, etc.) for people who play it on a high level.

• Upvote (+1) 2

If BTB was your jam, then I can see why this sucks. but I have a hard time imagining that there are a lot of Super Hardcore halo players that spent most of their time in BTB that wouldn't migrate over to Warzone. I think you're probably in the minority here, and given 343's goals, this call makes perfect sense. I understand why it sucks though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Like I'm 4v4 team slayer all day every day but yo I am totally stoked to try warzone

What makes Warzone more casual or random than BTB? I am genuinely interested in the answer to this question. It appears to me that Warzone actually has the potential to be highly strategic (coordinating REQ purchases, split pushing, etc.) for people who play it on a high level.

Well using cards for power weapons instead of fighting for them. Same with vehicles. 

Its basically just like Halo 4 BTB when it had Ordinance. You never know how many power weapons or what power weapons the other team has. Therefore, you never know when to push for flag, its harder to get map control, and its just a clusterfuck where 6-7 people on each team has a power weapon. Its just random and stupid.

Compare that to Halo 2-Halo 3 BTB where you knew exactly when and where power weapons spawned. Vehicles too. BTB kids like balance and competition too. Its just not the 4's crowd....

• Upvote (+1) 1

I dunno man to me the Req system sounds more like a MOBA or CS thing than random-ass h4 ordinance