CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Watch the intro to Toy Story 2 and tell me 343 didn't take notes for Halo's future with it.....

I'm afraid you'll have to elaborate.

LOL! You must be from waypoint....

Looking real angry today.

Might be a good time to take a break and get AFK.

We all have our concerns about H5 but they literally showed only one facet of the game at E3-Microsoft's conference.

They were aiming for a different audience from the start. 

Having a wait and see attitude is the best approach after H4 and MCC. 

You guys call him a troll and hate on him, but deep down you all know hes right.

-Warzone is going to suck

-none of you are going to play it more than a few times

-343 took out BTB to FORCE us to play their playlist. 

-4 months til launch and the 343 circlejerk has already begun. 

Calling someone out for talking bullshit is in no way a 343 circlejerk.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You guys call him a troll and hate on him, but deep down you all know hes right.

Step 1) Don't buy the game

Step 2) ????

Step 3) Let people be happy with a fun game

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

No, a self centered neckbeard who thinks the word "Gay" is funny is never right.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nah. Just speaking my mind. Beyond frustrated more and more with how this game is turning out.

It really is not turning out badly, haha.

Warzone isn't my cup of tea either, so I probably will just focus on arena most of the time. H5 has a lot of good things going for it, if you don't like one aspect then just don't play that playlist / area?

I'm not even a BTB fan but I think it's actually sick we get both Warzone AND BTB in the same game.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Consider, briefly, that Warzone might not be targeted mainly at this forum's demographic.

Further, big team battle wasn't really fun for me, I'd just bounce into it every now and then and go "yeah this is why I don't play this." But lots of people loved it! It seems like Warzone might take the things those people loved about BTB and amplify it. I know it's definitely got me excited to tool around with it. It won't be where I spend the majority of my time, but I think it will be fun with friends.

• Upvote (+1) 3

No, a self centered neckbeard who thinks the word "Gay" is funny is never right.

He said gay when he probably shouldn't have. Agreed. But his point is still valid. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Also, we just got the *green light* on the interview - QA.

Stand by

tumblr_le3nu9QUKW1qct8mq.gif

He said gay when he probably shouldn't have. Agreed. But his point is still valid. 

Except it isn't.

It's not targeted at the majority of this forum, that doesn't make it a bad mode.

Except they didn't? We're going to get both...

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Also if anything, Warzone is the perfect approach to getting the less-competitive-focused audience they clearly wanted with H4, while arena is great for getting back to that competitive focus. And both in the same game, and I can enjoy both when I want? Maybe there are flaws in the execution, but the core idea is rock solid.

Stand by

*chomps on Raisin Bran*

Ready to do this.

You might find warzone stupid but the fact that the trailer has 1.8M views already vs the Campaign trailer which sits at 300K. 343 def got people interested which is a great thing for the longevity of the game. 

Didn't we say the same thing for Halo 4 which honestly has a shit ton more hype going into it? Nobody outside of the dedicated Halo community is talking about this game and for good reason. We can get all this stuff already. All warzone is is a copy paste "training grounds" from CoD but on a bigger scale. Woohoo! I can't wait to get backsmaked by an elite while getting shot at by a banshee, ran over by a worthog, snipped at by a jackle, all while fighting off an enemy player. It has if people call "bullshit" on half their deaths in FPS games, this shit is really going to make controllers fly. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Stand by

tumblr_n2a0hp5yPj1rfj8gjo1_500.gif

• Upvote (+1) 3

Consider, briefly, that Warzone might not be targeted mainly at this forum's demographic.

Further, big team battle wasn't really fun for me, I'd just bounce into it every now and then and go "yeah this is why I don't play this." But lots of people loved it! It seems like Warzone might take the things those people loved about BTB and amplify it. I know it's definitely got me excited to tool around with it. It won't be where I spend the majority of my time, but I think it will be fun with friends.

I consider that 100%.

It was targeted at MY demographic. I play 90% of my games in BTB. Its all good, and its going to backfire on them. Just like everything else that they force down our throats. I already know the crew I roll in BTB with (14-15 different guys), aren't buying H5 until BTB gets put in. 

Except they didn't? We're going to get both...

"Shortly After Lanuch"

Just like we got BTB Objective "shortly after launch" in H4. 6 Months.

Just like we got ranks "shortly after launch" in MCC. 6 Months. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

Didn't we say the same thing for Halo 4 which honestly has a shit ton more hype going into it? Nobody outside of the dedicated Halo community is talking about this game and for good reason. We can get all this stuff already. All warzone is is a copy paste "training grounds" from CoD but on a bigger scale. Woohoo! I can't wait to get backsmaked by an elite while getting shot at by a banshee, ran over by a worthog, snipped at by a jackle, all while fighting off an enemy player. It has if people call "bullshit" on half their deaths in FPS game, this shit is really going to make controllers fly. 

Look, it's obvious you don't like it.

The thing is, nobody cares.

It's not aimed at you, it's aimed at the casual demographic who don't care about a few "bullshit" deaths. Personally I think it looks like a fun mode to just go muck around in when I don't want to be a try hard in Arena.

So we have went from moaning about BTB CITY in H4 to crying about it being added in later due to time restraints. Also funny how the people moaning probably played BTB a handful of times, while hardcore players like @@MATCLAN are keeping calm and collective.

Seperating the boys from the men, I guess.