CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

After watching The Sprint last night, it struck me how troublesome it can be to release a game like Halo 5 bug-free, and I can almost see how MCC has ended up going as bad as it did (though I'm not trying to bring this whole thing back up and justify it, I don't see it as acceptable to release how it did no matter what, but whatever). What struck me the most is that 343 has a lot of hard-workers and people who are passionate about Halo in their own way, and want to make a difference in the grand scheme of things. No one is out there botching their job on purpose or not caring. It just kind of hit me how I'm always one to be like "343 is so dumb!" when in fact, there's a LOT of different people doing different things, and a lot of them don't deserve the hate.

Sure, there's often a few bad upper-up decisions, there's no avoiding it. In the end though, they'll all humans (inb4 illuminati lizard man in charge), and don't always make the best decisions, it happens. However, no one is out there attempting to create a bad or stupid game. Above all, what it helped me realize is that there's so much more to a team than meets the eye. 

Never thought something like this would happen, but overall it was enlightening towards how I judge the final product. I'm sorry for sounding so brainwashed.

I feel the same. I have never blamed the workers there. They are also passionate in what they do, I'm more inclined to blame the people higher up the food chain. The game was clearly not ready to ship, but they pushed it out anyways. I really like how they tackled the bugs. Made a top ten list of the most important bugs to fix.

When is this interview? I need to know if Quick Camo is in along with 2 layer OS

I feel the same. I have never blamed the workers there.

Mostly because they hardly worked on it (MCC) themselves.

• Upvote (+1) 4

MCC would have probably turned out better had 343 done the whole thing themselves. Outsourcing components of the game just creates too many opportunities for problems to arise. H4 had its problem but the game at least ran fine and was solid in terms of matchmaking and stability. I don't think H5 will be anything like MCC, issue wise.

• Upvote (+1) 2

In terms of glitches for H5, I'm really only worried about Warzone, given that there's so much going on. OTOH, I really think they're putting the time in for it, given that classic BTB is being delayed a bit. 

Also, @@Moa post the damn article! Do it 1 bullet point per 15 minutes, for all I care. 

I love the smell of Halo in the morning. It smells of Grunt Blood and Gunpowder.

*Wallows in the dankness*

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've almost been sacked today for going for so many cigarette brakes just to get some damn signal on my phone to read this interview.

I don't even smoke.

Fresh air breaks are nice.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just wanted to mention that I only used spartan charge when I wanted to use a thruster while it was on cool down, or I wanted the extra distance to make a jump on Eden. I was never actually got hit with spartan charge, nor used it in combat. It's the one ability I don't really see used.

PR got back to us and we've made our changes. All we changed was stuff that needed clarified. Nothing has been removed in an attempt to hide anything away from you guys.

We should be going live with this sometime today. :)

You sound like Bravo. ETA

They have to dress it up, no doubt, just be patient guys.

It's probably going to be on a couple news sites, so they want it to be professional and in good format.

Hope it generates some good traffic and some hype.

My prediction? Millions of dollars in prize pools. Multiple open tourneys. "Halo championships". Maybe even team beyond being the official competitive forum for halo 5?

Bold predictions, but I hope for the best :P

• Upvote (+1) 1

I hope it is a picture of Saucey hugging Cortana with the Beyond watermark plastered everywhere.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I hope it is a picture of Saucey hugging Cortana with the Beyond watermark plastered everywhere.

Full nipple exposure?

I just wanted to mention that I only used spartan charge when I wanted to use a thruster while it was on cool down, or I wanted the extra distance to make a jump on Eden. I was never actually got hit with spartan charge, nor used it in combat. It's the one ability I don't really see used.

ur gonna be whackin walls in Wazone, son.

ur gonna be whackin walls in Wazone, son.

I wonder if you can drive a warthog through it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I blame Legion for the delay

They're too busy plundering towns and sacrificing villagers.

Yes I just Fallout in a Halo thread.

I wonder if you can drive a warthog through it.

That would be badass. I imagine this:

levelupstudios-microsoft-halo-warthogmes

• Upvote (+1) 1