CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

As someone who played as an elite until I began competitive gaming I have to ask 

@@Sal1ent how can you guys not add elites in when this is literally one of the biggest threads on your forums https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/sangheili-elites-in-new-trilogy-matchmaking/ff89aca2-5e7e-489b-98ae-c58513f99227/posts

I understand its not one of the biggest features but literally tossing that community over to the side is weird

as in elites are a big part of the Machinima and Clans community and have been since 2004 even Rooster Teeth sometimes uses them in RVB. 
Can we get a word on this please?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

As someone who played as an elite until I began competitive gaming I have to ask

@@Sal1ent how can you guys not add elites in when this is literally one of the biggest threads on your forums https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/sangheili-elites-in-new-trilogy-matchmaking/ff89aca2-5e7e-489b-98ae-c58513f99227/posts

I understand its not one of the biggest features but literally tossing that community over to the side is weird

as in elites are a big part of the Machinima and Clans community and have been since 2004 even Rooster Teeth sometimes uses them in RVB.

That's fine as long as they're not allowed in competitive. I STILL find dinos in MLG to this day...

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@Sal1ent how can you guys not add elites in when this is literally one of the biggest threads on your forums https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/sangheili-elites-in-new-trilogy-matchmaking/ff89aca2-5e7e-489b-98ae-c58513f99227/posts

Inb4 everyone uses Elites in Breakout and SWAT because of the broken hitboxes
  • Upvote (+1) 1

@@Sal1ent how can you guys not add elites in when this is literally one of the biggest threads on your forums https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/sangheili-elites-in-new-trilogy-matchmaking/ff89aca2-5e7e-489b-98ae-c58513f99227/posts

The hitboxes. The only arguments I've seen for Elites to return in multiplayer is "it was in Halo 2!" They offer no benefit to gameplay besides annoying players that shoot at them.

Machinima is kind of dead. It's all Let's Plays now.

• Downvote (-1) 1

@@Sal1ent Are there any changes to Halo 5's armory since Beta, where you could only change Visor colour, helmets & armor which were in preset suits (shoulders, armor, arms, legs). So can you customize your suit in the final game? Meaning that you can mix max different shoulders, armor, arms, legs etc ?

Or is it going to be presets like in the Beta ? If it is going to be presets, I would like to have explanation why.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I have to work in 3 hours should probably sleep

Wow, the things we do for Halo...

• Upvote (+1) 1

What's everyone so excited about?

Saucey got some questions awnsered by Josh. Sounds like some really interesting ones  and they are waiting for the Xbox PR to give them the go ahead. (So no false information is given out)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Saucey got some questions awnsered by Josh. Sounds like some really interesting ones and they are waiting for the Xbox PR to give them the go ahead. (So no false information is given out)

Ooh, that's cool.

Just finished watching Episode 2 of the Sprint. These are so well produced.

What's everyone so excited about?

Armour lock is returning in H5 and you can still sprint while it's active. :P

• Upvote (+1) 1

The hitboxes. The only arguments I've seen for Elites to return in multiplayer is "it was in Halo 2!" They offer no benefit to gameplay besides annoying players that shoot at them.

Machinima is kind of dead. It's all Let's Plays now.

Machinima isn't dead for me...since I'm making a new one in H2A...where there is Elites. ;)

Woke up, immediately went to work, turn on PC, go to this thread.... no interview yet. teh sadness.