CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Really liking the hints of the H5 soundtrack we are hearing in The Sprint. If the OST was included in the LE, I would consider preordering it.

Why do people act like the maps are big? They're not big.

They're bigger. I was on the side of "they're not that big", but the fact is, they're bigger.

I had my head in my hands when I saw this. I felt bad for forge.

Forge really was revolutionary at the time but 343i never expanded upon it and rode on it.

Then of course DOOM comes along and just rekts Halo's map making system.

• Upvote (+1) 3

The new Sprint is out on the Halo Channel.

Can you link? I couldn't find it.

EDIT: Nevermind I'm dumb, I looked it up on YT lol

Can you link? I couldn't find it.

i think they are gonna play the episodes on the xbox twitch channel right now.

also  I think you can watch via the halo channel on the xbox one.

• Upvote (+1) 1

its playing right now on the Xbox Twitch channel if you want to watch the sprint.

I just watched the first episode of the "Road to E3" Sprint episodes, and what looks to be the new Wraith design caught my eye.

It looks a lot different, but you can definitely tell it's a wraith.

(I was watching on Xbox, so unfortunately I don't have a picture. Hopefully someone will.)

CE MAGNUM CONFIRMED AS A LEGENDARY WEAPON IN THE SPRINT!!!

:weback:

Got vids or screens?

How will it function compared to the original?

Not confirmed at all, only in the planning stages. It might not make it in.

Got vids or screens?

How will it function compared to the original?

Nothing yet, they just confirmed that it's being worked on during episode 3.

Not 100%, but it is very likely. It would be a huge mistake for the production team to have a clip that admits that it is being worked on, but then have people disappointed to find out that it won't be in the game.

I don't think they'd have put that in the video if they didn't finalize it after the fact. They know how we are.

I want a Beyond-Colored CE Magnum so bad. Also UNSC and Covenant (Purple/Red) magnum. Tight.

Tight... Tight.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I thought sprint episodes were supposed to be one per day? I just watched all four in one sitting. Intentional or did someone make a boo-boo?

I thought sprint episodes were supposed to be one per day? I just watched all four in one sitting. Intentional or did someone make a boo-boo?

Intentional. They tweeted Season 2 was up.

One thing that annoyed the crap out of me in the single player part of E3: The "you're in a helmet!"

Why not do it the way the new DOOM does it with you having to sync the helmet when you put it on and after that you only see the UI:

at the 2:22 mark.

'Mersion.

I think I'd rather it didn't make it in, as much as I like the Ce Pistol.

Most likely it's going to feel out of place, or it's just going to be a stronger version of the hitscan pistol.

Forge really was revolutionary at the time but 343i never expanded upon it and rode on it.

Then of course DOOM comes along and just rekts Halo's map making system.

halo 4 forge was a step backward, but h2a forge was better than reachs forge by a noticeable margin. Honestly if josh came here and was like "snap map got nothin on us" I would shit my pants, because you would not be able to just say that and be wrong or lying about it lol.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

cool....another skillful gun that this community will try to run from because it doesn't look, shoot or sound like the BR in the newest halo release. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Wasn't talking about the look of the map FYI...was more talking about the overuse of lighting/light bloom, cluttered geometry and sight-lines that seems to be a staple of 343 map design, and the aesthetics of the weapons specifically when in smart-scope. Being an older gamer, this obviously bothers me more than most people who grew up with this generation of shooters.

Lighting . . . yep, with you there. I agree. For the rest, some agreement and some disagreement. For the generational comment, I'm 39 and I used to make Doom levels in college.

cool....another skillful gun that this community will try to run from because it doesn't look, shoot or sound like the BR in the newest halo release. 

It's a Legendary weapon, not a spawn weapon like the AR/Pistol will be. It is intended to be a power weapon.

It's a Legendary weapon, not a spawn weapon like the AR/Pistol will be. It is intended to be a power weapon.

let's hope it has the classic scope, I would hate for it to have the regular magnums zoom.