CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Hasn't someone posted a gif of that already? 

Most weapons can ADS according to shinobi on gaf.

I don't think so. If you're thinking of the gif I've seen, then you're confusing a person thrusting for a person using ADS. If you look closely, it looks much more like the person's AR has lowered due to thrusting.

Same goes for the SMG video. The reason the gun pops back is because the person thrusts back to avoid the charging sword guy.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If it's just cosmetical it still doesn't make sense to have it but I could live with it.

Now let's get rid of sprint.

If there is absolutely 0% difference between ADS and zoom from previous halos, why the hell did they include ADS then? Seriously, was anyone asking for ADS to be in Halo?

• Upvote (+1) 2

So can everyone calm the fuck down and wait to play the damn game themselves.

• Upvote (+1) 1

How would guys feel if sprint was like it is at times in CoD AW? You can still use your gun when sprinting. It just acts more like a slower speed boost from Halo 4

Don't care ADS still doesn't work. I'm supposed to press down my left stick and have the scope permantly zoomed in unless I'm descoped. We aren't cod and I refuse to accept this bullshit

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 2

So can everyone calm the fuck down and wait to play the damn game themselves.

Not until these spartans can't sprint anymore and this new midship stops looking so stretched out like zealot to accommodate for it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So by arena fps I'm assuming they were going for more of a Quake or Unreal Tournament style? As long as it has equal starts, then I'm good. The fact that ADS is a choice and works like zoom in Halo and doesn't effect hip fire is a pretty good idea, in my opinion.

I'm looking forward to a change, as long as it has equal starts and no loadouts or perks.

Wow, 25 pages today.

https://twitter.com/tiburon_usa/status/531537195346456576

https://twitter.com/tiburon_usa/status/531538611653865472

This ADS-looking thing sounds like a cosmetic addition to help CoD players settle into the game and feel at home. If it doesn't affect movement or accuracy like Josh said, then hopefully it will be unnecessary for high-level play. Josh did not mention descope, so I'm a little worried they removed that. Most games which feature some form of ADS don't have descope.

That and the stretched-out map design are my two biggest concerns. We're basically guaranteed terrible dev maps, for the third new title in a row :/

How would guys feel if sprint was like it is at times in CoD AW? You can still use your gun when sprinting. It just acts more like a slower speed boost from Halo 4

Stop. Fucking. Giving. Horrible. Ideas.

• Upvote (+1) 4

change for the sake of change...i'll be waiting for tomorrow to see more...

btw...BR players say bye bye to it being a "utility rifle"....that ads/zoom barely does anything

• Upvote (+1) 1

Don't care ADS still doesn't work. I'm supposed to press down my left stick and have the scope permantly zoomed in unless I'm descoped. We aren't cod and I refuse to accept this bullshit

It still works the same as zooming, with zooming on more weapons.

OOLH GREAT NO ADS

WE STILL HAVE SPRINT AND THRUSTER.

Most people, again, have agreed that Thruster is a better mechanic than Sprint. But why the fuck do we have Sprint?

• Upvote (+1) 5

You'll get knocked out even if holding LT

• Upvote (+1) 1

It still works the same as zooming, with zooming on more weapons.

Only that it takes up a huge part of your screen to appeal to a crowd that isn't into sci-fi arena shooters anyway.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Stop. Fucking. Giving. Horrible. Ideas.

I'm trying to find an in between because we all know Sprint is here to stay. And that was the only idea I suggested :(

Maybe they can just make the aim instant like the other Halos. That doesn't seem hard. or speed up the animation like 4x that speed to make it seem like regular halo 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah that is what I thought, that footage did not look like traditional ADS and I didn't see how they COULD add traditional ADS to Halo. I'm not a huge fan of the red dot sight being in the way, but its better than ADS. As for sprint, I never expected it to not be in Halo 5. I just hope they have found a way to balance it and make it work.