CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Can someone give me a quick summary of what the leak was? Haven't been able to see it yet.

Let's just say your profile picture was all our faces when we saw the leak.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Positive note: I like the looks of the pistol. Looks like CS GO. The reticle is tiny, which is good. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

"We learnt from Halo 4 and hear the community feedback" 

And on that day, the biggest lie was told.

lol...that was probably about tmcc....they learned nothing about how to make new halo games...

• Upvote (+1) 2

Looking at the few screenshots I've seen I've noticed that it seems like the OG aiming reticules are in the game which implies accuracy without ADS. MAYBE if we're lucky ADS is actually just a different visual representation of zooming in. So instead of the circle 3x zoom or w/e it just looks like ADS instead. I think I'd be fine with that if it was just a visual change instead of a function change. Otherwise 343 is actually the worst and I might not even pay for the game tbh

that's what I was thinking. However, in the BR gif, when he zooms or ADS', the player slows down. I'm hoping that's something that is not implemented and it was the player itself. Other than that, I did notice you aim down quickly and might resemble the BR scoped in. At Just got to wait til tomorrow.

I can see the rage for the ADS but for anyone to think they were going to go from 2 straight games (Reach & 4) that had sprint and all the sudden remove it are delirious.  This can't come as a shock to anyone....

Hopefully you are penalized/vulnerable somehow when sprinting that makes it be used strategically.

Biggest thing to remember though is we are going to be able to play the Beta a whole 10 months before launch. 

343i has made it clear multiple times from various panels that they WILL be listening to feedback. 

Be constructive not destructive. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Well I've been saying for a while that additional movement options might contribute to the skill gap... so I'm not TOO freaked out about this.

ADS do the exact opposite of that though. If 343 changes that ADS = slower movement, making it possible to move fast and jump while aiming, and/or that you can be shot out of ADS (making it a toggle like the current scope system), I won't complain.

This is a drastic change from classic Halo though, and I know a lot of people will be upset with this... it wasn't needed in any shape or form.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So with ads implemented does it mean there will be no descope as well?

Biggest thing to remember though is we are going to be able to play the Beta a whole 10 months before launch. 

343i has made it clear multiple times from various panels that they WILL be listening to feedback. 

yes they will LISTEN. doesn't mean they'll actually do anything to rectify the problem.

See that's where they get ya!

I can see the rage for the ADS but for anyone to think they were going to go from 2 straight games (Reach & 4) that had sprint and all the sudden remove it are delirious.  This can't come as a shock to anyone....

Hopefully you are penalized/vulnerable somehow when sprinting that makes it be used strategically.

343 made a poll on waypoint and asked whether people wanted sprint. It ended with 80% no sprint. In what world does that not lead you to at least hope that h5 has no sprint?

• Upvote (+1) 4

For some reason I may or may not have some trust issues at this point in regards to 343.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Honestly, I think people were right when they said 343i is going to look closely on how well Halo 2 Anniversary is perceived. We are going to need more than 27k viewers watching these tournaments if we want 343i to think that making a more classic Halo is good business decision. Otherwise, you can't really blame them for thinking they need to change something to make the game more relevant. 

So someone told me that MCC preorders are now over AWs.

So why are we trying to copy CoD?

Because the people that were hired to make h4 and still develop new halo titles (as opposed to republishing previous titles) have from day one thought halo was in need of their improvements.

343 thought they felt backlash and hate with halo 4....tomorrow when ppl see this shit in all it's 1080p glory they will have to hide from social media and forums....

i'm not supporting the death of my fav. video game franchise with my own money again....this is unacceptable...

Maybe it'll be powerful enough that they will make changes before launch.

I feel the same way.

H5 may be the first Halo game I don't buy.

I really hope there are still lots of people playing MCC come November 2015.

Not even going to call it "Call of Halo". I'm just going to call it "Call of Duty". 

Call of Duty: Space Warfare

• Upvote (+1) 1