CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Guys, tone it back some please.

I get it, but still the rules are still there.

Keep it civil.

• Upvote (+1) 1

9sAw0o4.png

I also do want to point out that that this image does not prove much. The reticle does appear to have an outer circle, which could be used to show the spread when it's at its greatest or mark the ROF. The Reach DMR had a similar reticle in Halo Reach and the outer circle served to show when you are able to shoot again after reaching reaching full bloom.

Also, the H2A pistol has a tight reticle until you fire it, then it goes wild. It proves nothing until we see that reticle while the gun is being fired.

Check the video. He fires the gun unsighted. No bloom at all.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just want to see 343 defend this. The one and only silver lining to being constantly dicked over and watching 343 cater more and more to disinterested CoD kids, is watching Frankie come out of the woodwork to give his "well I'm not a crook!" speech defending such behavior. Never gets old.

If it's purely visual, they'll say: "We agreed that it looks better and more modern".

If it actually acts like ADS, they'll say: "We agreed that it would add more skill to Halo because you now have to cleverly alternate between full movement and full shooting accuracy. We did tonnes of playtesting and all agreed that it added even more depth to Halo's gameplay".

is the halo 5 pro gameplay being shown tonight or tomorrow?

Tomorrow I believe 

I love that everyone immediately goes "copy COD/AW" when there are other games that AW pulled all of that stuff from.

But you do realize 343 wouldn't have added it if it wasn't in CoD? They are trying to make CoD clone to mimic its success.

• Upvote (+1) 2

343 already confirmed that this build is at least a year old.

Really? Can you link me? I'm still catching up on all this stuff!

If it's purely visual, they'll say: "We agreed that it looks better and more modern".

If it actually acts like ADS, they'll say: "We agreed that it would add more skill to Halo because you now have to cleverly alternate between full movement and full shooting accuracy. We did tonnes of playtesting and all agreed that it added even more depth to Halo's gameplay".

What the public doesn't know, is that "playtesting" means spinning around in circles in their office chairs while motorboating a Cortana blow-up doll.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

But you do realize 343 wouldn't have added it if it wasn't in CoD? They are trying to make CoD clone to mimic its success.

I can't tell you how many times I've said this to people who use that "b-b-but CoD didn't make x" excuse.

So someone told me that MCC preorders are now over AWs. 

So why are we trying to copy CoD? 

Because CoD already came out. It doesn't have any more preorders. :kappa:

Because CoD already came out. It doesn't have any more preorders. :kappa:

No shit. But still that means the games were obviously pretty close. 

I can't tell you how many times I've said this to people who use that "b-b-but CoD didn't make x" excuse.

There's some very simple logic you can offer those people: CoD didn't need to invent feature x in order for other games to copy feature x from CoD. The reason it's likey feature x was copied from CoD is because CoD is the game franchise to beat right now. It is by far the most popular shooter, and so developers feel they have to follow the same trends.

Source?

WHEN, WHERE? Source pls

this

Where's that fucking source on the year old build?!

Really? Can you link me? I'm still catching up on all this stuff!

And even if it is that still means that they sat in a meeting and consciously decided that it'd be a sick idea to program a build that features ADS + sprint. Why would you ever do that? They polled the community and found out that 80% wanted no sprint, I'm sure they are smart enough to realize that the result would be similar for ADS. Why would you ever decide to program it then? Even if they removed it by now (which I highly doubt) it worries me greatly that they would even decide to waste time to program it into the game.

Halo 5: Guardians coming to Xbox One fall 2015

Trollface.png

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

the weird thing is that the reticle hip firing is the same used when ads.

also if the assault rifle has ads maybe that means they made it more precise.  maybe we will see an ar with a scope LMAO

They have to know that if they include all this crap, titan fall jumps, sprint, ADS, etc, etc..

The backlash is going to be insane

• Upvote (+1) 2