CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

so that's where ayoub has been for the last 7 months....

What, you mean to tell me I'm the only one who saw him at the Hot Dog eating contest?

I really don't want them to ruin Blue Team with shitty AI programming. Blue Team deserves better damn it. I'm looking at you, Noble Team.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I really don't want them to ruin Blue Team with shitty AI programming. Blue Team deserves better damn it. I'm looking at you, Noble Team.

The amount of times I've seen Kat drive into a wall or off a cliff was ridiculous.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You guys want AR starts for AI, right?

If it's headshots only on SWAT settings you have yourself a deal

I don't know where to take this yet.

hopefully switching directions is as instant as possible, they have too much ease in and ease out. hopefully they don't introduce to many breakout palettes in that 35 map lineup. that style is nice, as long as fan created content keeps coming in that futuristic paintball looking feel is good. it reminds me of greg hastings tournament paintball max'd...i loved that game.

In response to your first sentence: low acceleration is not the only problem when it comes to strafing; I'll expand upon what I currently have in my signature. Between changes in direction, the character model undergoes one frame during which its speed is zero and the animation is idling, what happens when there is no input. This has been a problem as far back as Reach and has contributed to the strafe's choppy feeling. What makes strafing effective in a hitscan-dominant game is its unpredictability, which is diminished considerably by an entire frame of motionlessness.

I'd have to look at the code to know for sure, but I'd wager that Sprint is the reason that we don't have the clean, instantaneous acceleration Halo used to have. A completely binary version of Sprint would most likely cause some pretty frustrating issues with collision physics, so the only option is finite acceleration. I remember hearing on the Beyond Unreal show that there's a problem in Unreal Tournament 4 that prevents them from increasing the acceleration past a certain point, despite repeated complaints from longtime fans irked by the new feel. It turns out that the netcode cannot handle objects accelerating faster than a specific threshold. I could be completely wrong, but if something built on something as advanced as UE4 doesn't work, then it probably doesn't work on whatever Halo uses. We'll never find out one way or another, of course.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anyone have an idea how the 2 part HTT will be released? Both at the usual time or will one be released later in the day?

Depends. Is it 32 rounds in a mag, or 36?  :holmes:

60  :kappa:

I was thinking something along the lines of Fiesta starts instead. Can't ever have fun, huh, always gotta be the super competitive AR. Now I even heard it's being buffed to 36 bullets per clip? Wow, just like the good old BR. Stupid MLG professionals are gonna love it so much. The AR is the new BR. What else, is the AR gonna get a scope? Headshot capable even? MAYBE IT'LL BE A 3 SHOT BURST AS WELL? 

While we're at it, might as well bring BXR back. OH WAIT THAT'S IN HALO 5 AS WELL. Bringing glitches back on purpose! GAME RUINED, LITERALLY UNPLAYABLE. Wouldn't surprise me if the next thing we know, grenades can be used to launch weapons again, since once upon a time, MLG "professionals" were too lazy to go and walk themselves and pick up the weapons. Rather throw a random grenade in a general direction to hope to launch a weapon to them. So skilled. 

SO NO THANKS, I WILL PASS ON AR STARTS FOR AI BEFORE IT RUINS THE GAME.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Killtimes aren't the only aspect of the game man.

Even outside of gameplay there are unnerving similarities for me.

The games couldn't be further apart. Take away abilities what do you get? Halo CE and 2 combined. The whole physics system, gunplay, and strategies are ridiculously different. The only similarity is the abilities, and they don't even play the same.

On a serious note, I'm not sure how I feel about the AI / Co-Op characters starting with Snipers and Shotguns.

On a serious note, I'm not sure how I feel about the AI / Co-Op characters starting with Snipers and Shotguns.

Johnson Sniping was badass. Linda will be even more badass.

I was thinking something along the lines of Fiesta starts instead. Can't ever have fun, huh, always gotta be the super competitive AR. Now I even heard it's being buffed to 36 bullets per clip? Wow, just like the good old BR. Stupid MLG professionals are gonna love it so much. The AR is the new BR. What else, is the AR gonna get a scope? Headshot capable even? MAYBE IT'LL BE A 3 SHOT BURST AS WELL? 

While we're at it, might as well bring BXR back. OH WAIT THAT'S IN HALO 5 AS WELL. Bringing glitches back on purpose! GAME RUINED, LITERALLY UNPLAYABLE. Wouldn't surprise me if the next thing we know, grenades can be used to launch weapons again, since once upon a time, MLG "professionals" were too lazy to go and walk themselves and pick up the weapons. Rather throw a random grenade in a general direction to hope to launch a weapon to them. So skilled. 

:grunt:

• Upvote (+1) 1

BITCH SHUT UP

• Downvote (-1) 2