CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

as an eternal optimist and someone too old to jump to conclusions, I'm just going to wait till tomorrow night to make up my mind.

or actually, after I've played the beta for a week.  We have halo 1 online and that's all I really need anyway.

that said, I love the meltdowns.

• Upvote (+1) 2

This ADS bullshit is bad enough but are they seriously adding sprint again? This better be a very very very old build.

I just want to see 343 defend this. The one and only silver lining to being constantly dicked over and watching 343 cater more and more to disinterested CoD kids, is watching Frankie come out of the woodwork to give his "well I'm not a crook!" speech defending such behavior. Never gets old.

• Upvote (+1) 2

This ADS bullshit is bad enough but are they seriously adding sprint again? This better be a very very very old build.

Maybe a first peek at concept to see how it goes with the fans.

9sAw0o4.png

I also do want to point out that that this image does not prove much. The reticle does appear to have an outer circle, which could be used to show the spread when it's at its greatest or mark the ROF. The Reach DMR had a similar reticle in Halo Reach and the outer circle served to show when you are able to shoot again after reaching reaching full bloom.

Also, the H2A pistol has a tight reticle until you fire it, then it goes wild. It proves nothing until we see that reticle while the gun is being fired.

Until we know exactly how ads works (does it slow movement speed? Can you be descoped? ) Then you can't really say that game changing. Yet.

Sprint on the other hand? Fuck that.

343 already confirmed that this build is at least a year old.

"Thankfully, we have a product for people who dislike modern shooter conventions; it's called the Master Chief Collection."

But in all seriousness, get that crap out of my Halo. I suspected that Halo 5 wouldn't be that great coming off of Halo 4, but dear Jesus, I did not expect them to possess this level of incompetence.

GG 343.

^ This right here.

Sprint is what we should continue to complain about. Seriously, would you rather have sprint or change the zoom animation? I'll take the latter any day. ADS as it's appeared in any other game would simply not work with anything in Halo - it's designed for instant killtimes. Even the shittiest of testers would feel uncomfortable with it.

WHEN, WHERE? Source pls

• Upvote (+1) 2

9sAw0o4.png

I also do want to point out that that this image does not prove much. The reticle does appear to have an outer circle, which could be used to show the spread when it's at its greatest or mark the ROF. The Reach DMR had a similar reticle in Halo Reach and the outer circle served to show when you are able to shoot again after reaching reaching full bloom.

Also, the H2A pistol has a tight reticle until you fire it, then it goes wild. It proves nothing until we see that reticle while the gun is being fired.

http://i.gyazo.com/c8266004805e6f1e75f9eb065ca796de.mp4

reticle doesn't change when ads.  weird

• Upvote (+1) 1

And even if it is that still means that they sat in a meeting and consciously decided that it'd be a sick idea to program a build that features ADS + sprint. Why would you ever do that? They polled the community and found out that 80% wanted no sprint, I'm sure they are smart enough to realize that the result would be similar for ADS. Why would you ever decide to program it then? Even if they removed it by now (which I highly doubt) it worries me greatly that they would even decide to waste time to program it into the game.

I wish they'd push this piece of shit back till like 2017 so we enjoy Halo MCC Events for a while instead of a year. :goldenboy: