CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

On the other hand, I didn't mind their vision for UNSC structures until recently.

Compare this to this.

Really need to tone it down in my opinion.

Yea, wayyyyy too much detail in H5's graphics in my opinion. That's kind of a weird thing to say in these days, but I hate how every single platform, rail, or surface has to have 38463948 different textures and layers and grooves and whatnot. I MUCH prefer the basic style of H1/H2.

I may be unique in that style of thinking, probably because I started playing competitively in Reach, where everything was plain and simple. Sometimes I compare this to playing paintball, you don't see fancy artwork on the pipes and cover, it is 100% gameplay. For that reason, I prefer Reach forge maps over H5 crazy artwork maps.

Reach map for reference

http://img.youtube.com/vi/96UF2mNPxFc/0.jpg

Tempted to make this a smiley

EUJvZAG.png

credit to jem0208 at halogaf.

JUST DO IT

• Upvote (+1) 1

:grunt:  :grunt:  :grunt:  :grunt:  :grunt:  :grunt:  :grunt:  :grunt:  :grunt:  :grunt:  :grunt:  :grunt:  :grunt:

HE DID IT

holmes stated that they have implemented more jumps that won't require that use of clamber (ie crouch jumps). So not to worry all, you won't always have to clamber. You can EASILY use that to your advantage. Clamber is great the way it is. If you wanna clamber backwards, just use the jet pack in reach.

Okay...but that does not change the fact that clamber eliminates about 90 percent of skill/tactical jumps from the map. Clamber is NOT a skill jump it eliminates that aspect from the game. Clamber is an animation, the opposite of what skill/tactical jump execution is about. Its essentially a QTE in MP the way its implemented, a horrible mechanic for Halo. If 343 wanted to add to skill-jumping, a wall-kick, select wall-jumping, allowing more air control, ect..all would of been better options.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Okay...but that does not change the fact that clamber eliminates about 90 percent of skill/tactical jumps from the map. Clamber is NOT a skill jump it eliminates that aspect from the game. Clamber is an animation, the opposite of what skill/tactical jump execution is about. Its essentially a QTE in MP the way its implemented, a horrible mechanic for Halo. If 343 wanted to add to skill-jumping, a wall-kick, select wall-jumping, allowing more air control, ect..all would of been better options.

except having jumps that can't be clambered alleviates this issue, you can have a small alternate clamber route and then have a hidden skill jump that doesn't give you the option to clamber. That said, it could be better.

Sharp eye from someone on r/halo. The Assault Rifle in recent screenshots features 36 bullets, not 32.

RPCGYmd.jpg

QUICK PUT YOUR WATERMARK ALL OVER THE AMMO COUNT

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sharp eye from someone on r/halo. The Assault Rifle in recent screenshots features 36 bullets, not 32.

RPCGYmd.jpg

I add a few watermarks to the image and I'm late. Dammit.

Wait, who made this screenshot?  :grunt:

I really hope someone made this image as a troll.

LOL.

7w8y3e3.jpg

I've got too much spare time.

• Upvote (+1) 2

His honorable grunty thirst.  :grunt: Praise be the food nipple.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I respectfully disagree with your "shine". I think CE had far more shine:

Halo-CE-Anniversary-screenshot-halo-3403

Compared to Halo 2:

flag_carrier.jpg

However, I agree with your opinion that CE looks better.

Comparing two picked out screenshots is fallacious lol. Look at any city level or forerunner building in 2. Also the Spartans themselves and the guns and vehicles all have a plasticy shine on them that doesn't look right imo. Nothing looks solid like it did in ce.

Comparing two picked out screenshots is fallacious lol. Look at any city level or forerunner building in 2. Also the Spartans themselves and the guns and vehicles all have a plasticy shine on them that doesn't look right imo. Nothing looks solid like it did in ce.

The majority of the Forerunner stuff in 2 was rock, though.

The little bit of metal we see is either rusted, or doesn't have the same sort of shine.

The only art style I really didn't like was Reach, but that's me. I like what I've seen from Halo 5 so far, only thing that bothers me is the multiplayer maps having similar themes going on with building shapes.

Thought I would let every one know, I have actively spoken out against Halo 5 mechanics and still somehow got invited to the Xbox Showcase party at E3.

I will have Beyond stickers / watermarks that i will be slapping on all of the tables and cups at the event.

Our  :salt: watermarks will blot out the sun 

BO0v9aq.gif

mal5l.gif

Actually already asked Greenskull about the AR ammo count, also asked about the radar and how positions of enemies/friendlies didn't fit.

OtdJjGb.png?1

Basically take that AR with a grain of salt.