CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Go on.

Just one example off the top of my head - he had posted a video of him playing campaign before the game was released and I pointed out there was some stutters in the video. I asked him if it was an FPS drop or if it was on his end. He said there were no FPS drops during the campaign, which anyone who's played H2A campaign, knows is not true. 

This is not something you just 'forget' either. You either know the game is stuttering or its not.

• Upvote (+1) 1

H5-Guardians-Blue-Team-First-Person-Cent

This screenshot shows some nice materials and some really nice lighting.

Yeah, it's a bit better here. Still not as good as I'd like, but like I said, you can't have everything, especially on XB1 hardware+60FPS.

I hope the dynamic lighting will be better with this game. It was really weak in Halo 4, as were the particle effects.

Don't even get me started on that game's textures...

• Upvote (+1) 2

You can see at about the 45 second mark of the video below that the new enemy, the Promethean Soldier, is very similar to Chief's height. The Promethean Knight and Didact in comparison though are really large. From the look of the Promethean Soldier model, I wonder if it's supposed to be a more agile, faster moving enemy to challenge the player's ability to use the new movement suite effectively.

I like this. Promethean Knights were a bitch to kill. Not because they were hard, but because you needed to sit there and empty clip after clip onto them to break their shields, then you had the smallest window of time to finish them off before they warped away and regained their shields. A more humanoid combatant that isn't tanky as hell sounds fun. I hope Knights are relegated to something more akin to the Covenant's Hunters.

Did they invite any competitive minded players to test the competitive multiplayer out? Would be cool to hear their thoughts on it and what they tested.

This iffy and maybe stuff is kinda whack, like what lol?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo 4's multiplayer visuals were only truly hampered by a bleached out lighting and saturation, and awkward player models. The Campaign was a visual bliss though.

Halo 5 will make Halo 4 eat crow however, also the armor is soooo much sexier. I wonder if any Reach inspired armor will make an appearance, Holly's armor looks fantastic.

Carter's helmet is back.

Is Fred Holding a New Weapons Type? This is from Reddit.

X4cbFmH.jpg

It's a DMR. Everyone is holding their signature weapons. Fred is holding his DMR, Chief has an AR, Linda with a Sniper and Kelly with a Shotgun.

It's a DMR. Everyone is holding their signature weapons. Fred is holding his DMR, Chief has an AR, Linda with a Sniper and Kelly with a Shotgun.

Looks like it's a modified DMR then. The barrel length is fairly reduced.

Nah, that's way too beefy on the bottom for a DMR.

Edit: OR they shortened the barrel dramatically.

Although you are Probably Correct doesn't it Look a Bit Bigger than a DMR? The Rifle Barrel also looks smaller.  I could be Totally wrong tho.

Looks like it's a modified DMR then. The barrel length is fairly reduced.

Locke is holding a BR without a scope so makes sense.

Nah, that's way too beefy on the bottom for a DMR.

Edit: OR they shortened the barrel dramatically.

All the characters are holding their signature weapons. Makes no sense for Fred to be holding a new weapon.

Although you are Probably Correct doesn't it Look a Bit Bigger than a DMR? The Rifle Barrel also looks smaller.  I could be Totally wrong tho.

This isn't the first time we've seen different weapon variants. Look at Locke's BR.

High res version:

NAXcSw7.jpg

If it's a DMR then they've taken some artistic liberties with the design...

Edit: If you look in the top left one of Osiris has the slightly modified DMR as well, I'm assuming it's just the artist.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Did they invite any competitive minded players to test the competitive multiplayer out? Would be cool to hear their thoughts on it and what they tested.

This iffy and maybe stuff is kinda whack, like what lol?

I would say their intentions with E3 now arent in the competitive side(We already got some of that with the beta and such), this is their time to get the broader audience back on Halo,even more so...a reason to KEEP THEM in Halo. They NEED to come out guns blazing with everything they got(including arena).

We'll get competitive details at e3, but the focus on stage will be big team

Man, the Halo subreddit is really just a fanboy echo chamber as of late, isn't it? It seems like if anyone speaks ill of anything of Halo 5 over there, they get instantly downvoted into oblivion.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Seeing Carter's helmet really makes me remember how much better Bungie's art design was. 343's art feels really over-designed and needlessly complex, like someone started drawing and didn't know when to stop, and added all these little lines and crevices into everything (ever notice how the Forerunners no longer have smooth floors?), all the while having a strange color palette. It just doesn't feel that cohesive, either.

I also really dislike what they did to human architecture. Everything looks so homogeneous (in a bad way), and the ugly color palette doesn't help. That's just me, though.

• Upvote (+1) 9