CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Granted the night time maps were amazing, it's just too bad most of the daytime/light (Haven) maps appeared washed out. Skyline made my jaw drop.

Carbine

Looks almost identical to the H4 model, bit more blue and has some weird looking symbols on it though. Still nice to see it confirmed, I really like the Carbine.

What's to stop the flag carrier from ground pounding cross map like that guy did on Eden(I think).

Flag juggling and flagnum dont matter if 70% of every run is just one giant GP.

Your movement is slowed when you're holding the flag so it will be difficult to get to top pink or top car for example and ground pound into a base.

I recall reading that the angle at which you can travel got nerfed, maybe I'm making that up.

So far, from what we've heard/seen, 343 hasn't made a dumb change from the beta - every change is significant and the right one to make. Super hyped for this game.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Oh cool!  343 actually changed the geometry of Empire.  That's actually pretty cool.  Was never expecting 343 to go that far in changing stuff from the beta.  Just goes to show the benefits of having a beta a year out.

Amazing news for CTF, though the weapon models don't look too different from Halo 4 at all. It's not a bad or a good thing, just I don't see the merit behind tweeting all their pictures alone when throwing a list together seems a lot easier.

The ground pound spear thing makes me laugh a bit though. I remember someone making a sarcastic post about being able to throw the flag like a javelin... that sounds close enough.

I just hope the new CTF meta doesn't turn into reaching the nearest high location and ground pounding from there to travel the fastest.

Yea I'm pretty happy with what I've seen so far (sprint will always bother me, but we got a toggle). Can't wait to see what going to happen with BTB.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wonder if they changed any of the death animations. I really miss the ragdoll physics from Halo 3.

It would be cool whenever you groundpounded somebody their body would get sent flying like a mile away. Just something I would find cool.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I am really pleased with the colors of the red and blue Spartans of the screenshots on Fathom.  They look very rich and vibrant compared to Halo 4.  Halo 4's colors to me were just too washed out and not pleasant looking at all.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Something looks really strange with the materials in this game, metals specifically. None if it really looks like a distinguishable material. This was in issue in past games, but I figured the switch to a physically based rendering model on more powerful hardware would fix it. But I guess not.

It's better than in previous games, but I guess you can't have everything.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Guys, I think we've been forgetting an important thing about Halo 5. Back in 2012 when 343 had the Infinity Challenge, the Spartan Ops winner would be able to be in a future Halo game. I want to know, if it's in Halo 5, who is this character. @@Sal1ent 

Something looks really strange with the materials in this game, metals specifically. None if it really looks like metal. This was in issue in past games, but I figured the switch to a physically based rendering model on more powerful hardware would fix it. But I guess not.

It's the paint. Also, the colors are a lot more electric, instead of bleached and ashy. 

I wonder if they changed any of the death animations. I really miss the ragdoll physics from Halo 3.

It would be cool whenever you groundpounded somebody their body would get sent flying like a mile away. Just something I would find cool.

Cool...but annoying if the body flies between a 1v1 br battle , distracting and hilarious.

Something looks really strange with the materials in this game, metals specifically. None if it really looks like metal. This was in issue in past games, but I figured the switch to a physically based rendering model on more powerful hardware would fix it. But I guess not.

H5-Guardians-Blue-Team-First-Person-Cent

This screenshot shows some nice materials and some really nice lighting.

I have to say releasing information like this is incredibly annoying and dumb. We now have new pictures from GI by RUL by Microsoft from 343i for Fathom. Like what? On top of that we have (possible) information going out that could be potentially messed up or have to be clarified by 343i later on.

Just release news information in a blog post or video at once instead of us going around in somewhat of easter egg hunt to get information like this.

Esp. when the source of half the info is GreenSkull, who only tells half-truths and spins everything positive. You can't get straight answers out of him, and certain things in the MCC, he blatantly lied about. 

Esp. when the source of half the info is GreenSkull, who only tells half-truths and spins everything positive. You can't get straight answers out of him, and certain things in the MCC, he blatantly lied about. 

Go on.

Greenskull confirmed there is no auto pickup in the AMA

Yis