CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Yea, it's kinda annoying to cover like this.

I believe they're doing it this way too reach a broader audience. You can reach tons more people with GI, and reach more casual halo fans with GS and MoreConsole that don't regularly check Waypoint.

Cool story

Just waiting for your next 180 degree turn.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Apparently skulls are back in a way that play a part in a series of steps like you would see in a Black Ops zombies map

• Upvote (+1) 2

I believe they're doing it this way too reach a broader audience. You can reach tons more people with GI, and reach more casual halo fans with GS and MoreConsole that don't regularly check Waypoint.

Or just release it so everyone covers it?

Just waiting for your next 180 degree turn.

Just waiting for another pessamistic post that contributes nothing to any discussion

• Upvote (+1) 8

Gaming news shouldn't have exclusivity imo

Get out of here with your sound logic!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Gaming news should have exclusivity imo

Why? The only positive is for the place that gets to run the article.... It doesn't do anything for us. Just makes it so I most likely have to read it on a site that I don't enjoy visiting.

Why? The only positive is for the place that gets to run the article.... It doesn't do anything for us. Just makes it so I most likely have to read it on a site that I don't enjoy visiting.

His post updated to say "shouldn't". :ninja:

His post updated to say "shouldn't". :ninja:

I noticed my error, before it was too late :C

There are an absurd amount of weapons

Yeah I have to agree, why have a Saw when you have the SMG or AR?

I know there are a lot of mixed feelings on this game, but I for one can not wait for it.  I'm super excited.

The beta alone got me on board, the rest that I've heard has been gravy.

It just felt so fresh in the beta and revamped my excitement for Halo again.  I know its a ton different, and I could live without sprint, but all-in-all I had a ton of fun playing the beta.  I keep playing MCC because of my competitive side and I enjoy the Halo series as a whole for the MP, but the H5 beta breathed new life into the series for me.  Instead of it just being something I do because I like to compete, I genuinely enjoyed what I was playing while being able to compete.

Just a random thought.

Also, if the automatic weapons for H5 were any indication for how powerful they will be (considering they don't nerf them), then the SAW is going to be a highly sought after power weapon.  I can see that thing being OP as hell lol.  If they did keep the damage for the auto-weapons up, then they may need to give the SAW a smaller clip or something for balance.  Either that or nerf its power down somewhat.  I just see it being way too strong and lasting way longer than a power weapon should with a huge clip.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Just a Quick Question for you all.... How do you Reckon the Game will turn out Graphically? Could this halo be 1080p / 60 fps on both  Campaign / Multiplayer?

I for one can see it being 1080p / 60fps in Multiplayer but Probably like 900p / 60 fps in Campaign. Either way I'm sure the Game will look stunning.

one of the few things I love about playing campaign on Halo 3 for examples are doing the skulls..

Personally whenever I do the campaign with friends on Halo, it's to find the skulls,  "Wanna play campaign?" "yeah sure I haven't found the skull on {insert campaign level}". 

Luckily for me, I have the resources to get at the very least two monitors and x1's. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just a Quick Question for you all.... How do you Reckon the Game will turn out Graphically? Could this halo be 1080p / 60 fps on both  Campaign / Multiplayer?

I for one can see it being 1080p / 60fps in Multiplayer but Probably like 900p / 60 fps in Campaign. Either way I'm sure the Game will look stunning.

ideally, I think they are still aiming 1080p/60fps everywhere, no way they would sacrifice local co-op campaign for anything under 1080p

ideally, I think they are still aiming 1080p/60fps everywhere, no way they would sacrifice local co-op campaign for anything under 1080p

That's True... This is Microsoft's Baby and i Could Imagine the Sony Crowd Having a Gag if its Below 1080p lol

There are an absurd amount of weapons

Doubt all of them are going to play a part in the Arena sandbox. A lot of stuff will be exclusive to the BTB stuff.

What's to stop the flag carrier from ground pounding cross map like that guy did on Eden(I think).

Flag juggling and flagnum dont matter if 70% of every run is just one giant GP.

Great news about flag juggling, though holding the flag should probably disable all spartan abilities, IMO. 

Anyone else questioning the wisdom of outside sniper on Empire, and Inside SAW?

I guess there are more lines of sight from Inside, and SAW would be to powerful outside, but it just seems sort of odd. Also, really worried about how balanced the SAW is going to be. It better have significant bloom or recoil, or something to add skill.

What's to stop the flag carrier from ground pounding cross map like that guy did on Eden(I think).

Flag juggling and flagnum dont matter if 70% of every run is just one giant GP.

You're pretty vulnerable when up in the air. And even if you want to try and cover a lot of ground with ground pound you would have to keep jumping from a high place to be productive with it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think it will be atleast 900p or higher at 60fps. One of 343i's strength is getting max power out of the system. I mean...look at halo 4 on 360, it was stunning. 

Halo 4's multiplayer visuals were only truly hampered by a bleached out lighting and saturation, and awkward player models. The Campaign was a visual bliss though.

Halo 5 will make Halo 4 eat crow however, also the armor is soooo much sexier. I wonder if any Reach inspired armor will make an appearance, Holly's armor looks fantastic.

Halo 4's multiplayer visuals were only truly hampered by a bleached out lighting and saturation, and awkward player models. The Campaign was a visual bliss though.

Halo 5 will make Halo 4 eat crow however, also the armor is soooo much sexier.

Halo 4 had some very pretty multiplayer maps...

halo-4-majestic-map-pack-monolith.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1