CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

celugyi.png

Excellent!

Reading through that AMA, he said he didn't notice visual changes on scopes other than the DMR; that worries me. @@Sal1ent, can you chime in on this one?

celugyi.png

Excellent!

That's my issues with H4's CTF solved then.

SAW confirmed for Halo 5. Greenskull says it replaces the indoor sniper on Empire. link

Hmm, I wonder how it'll compare to the SMG. The SMG was basically like a mini-saw.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The Flagnum isn't much of an issue now since we can now drop the flag. You have a choice of running the flag faster (and giving away for position) or going slow, having a weapon capable of killing at range and walking slower.

Like others are saying though, it all depends on how they handle the damage output of it.

It still ruins the original chemistry between balancing running and defending. Like, just imagine if the oddball had a gun. How broken would it be?

• Upvote (+1) 1

The Flagnum isn't much of an issue now since we can now drop the flag. You have a choice of running the flag faster (and giving away for position) or going slow, having a weapon capable of killing at range and walking slower.

Like others are saying though, it all depends on how they handle the damage output of it.

For me, the worst part of flagnum was the fucking auto pickup.  Nothing worse than killing the last guy before pulling the flag, having it auto-pickup and getting smoked. Since we can juggle it now, im assuming it is also not auto-pickup.  Hopefully the same for Ball too.

It still ruins the original chemistry between balancing running and defending. Like, just imagine if the oddball had a gun. How broken would it be?

It's still an issue, but not nearly as bad now. Smarter players will opt out of shooting to capture the flag faster.

For me, the worst part of flagnum was the fucking auto pickup.  Nothing worse than killing the last guy before pulling the flag, having it auto-pickup and getting smoked. Since we can juggle it now, im assuming it is also not auto-pickup.  Hopefully the same for Ball too.

Greenskull confirmed there is no auto pickup in the AMA

• Upvote (+1) 2

Greenskull said in his AMA that you had to hold down a button to pick up the flag.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Auto pickup is disabled.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I just woke up, can we please rejoice for dropping the flag

This game is going to be amazing. Nearly elimated everything wrong with halo 4

• Upvote (+1) 2

Did they have anything to say about Smart Scope beyond the changes we know about (to the DMR and Sniper Rifle)?

Does anyone have comparison screenshots of the beta sniper scope vs the current sniper scope? In the beta it was like looking through the TV in Poltergeist and I hated it.

atldrw2l10zi6gqsvnc96n76g.928x574x1.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1

I love the Idea of using the Flag with Ground Pound... Would be Awesome if you flew down with it like a Spear!

Greenskull showing off some of the new Halo 5 weapons:

I love the Idea of using the Flag with Ground Pound... Would be Awesome if you flew down with it like a Spear!

That's exactly how Greekskull described it as being :p

Does anyone have comparison screenshots of the beta sniper scope vs the current sniper scope? In the beta it was like looking through the TV in Poltergeist and I hated it.

The only thing we've really heard about the Sniper Rifle scope is that they have increased the animation speed such that scoping is a lot faster. I too hope that they improve the design of the scope itself; the bars across the screen and blue coloring were just unnecessary, and it could have done with a little more height, though the scope's width was good.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Was there a rumor or something about a Grenade Launcher? Would that be the one from Reach?

Green skull said that's how it works!

Hmm, I wonder how it'll compare to the SMG. The SMG was basically like a mini-saw.

This should answer your question: