CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Hey guys we have learned from h4 blablabla...Jesus this is the end...I Am crying folks for real...stinkles you have shoot your self in the head,you microsoft,xbox...everithing.

Fuk the x1 momentum easent even that good to take a shitstorm like this By the fuckin people who buy xboxes for 1 game HALO.

I have no words i have defended dem and now i take a slap in the face like this.

Ads fuckin ads in halo...is like>hey guys i have bitched call of duty bf and every fukin console fps for this and now i must eat shit beacuse i have to play a halo with Ads.

Jesus i havent see a so stupid studio to slap into halo the most shit thing that every fuckin halo plaayer hate the most. 

What is the sense of this What??!! Halo have always sell a lot with no ads this does mean that who buys this game know what he likes...jesus iam scared and i hope this changes tomorrow.

If it's actual ADS, and let's not kid ourselves it is, it pretty much removes strafing from the game, I don't see how that is better than sprint. Though choosing the lesser evil between those two reminds me of this:

126a.jpg?width=320

I wouldn't be half as mad if 343 hadn't announced HCS. WIthout hcs we could simply choose to run ce/h2c/h3 or hell even h2a as our tournament game for as long as we want, or at least other organizers could choose to run those games. As it is 343 forces H2A and by offering financial support (and a lot of other shit) to those choosing h2a as well they eliminate the chance of tournaments for other games. And once h5 hits they'll force everyone to make the switch. It's literally play ADS+sprint or don't compete.

Keep in mind, the reticle didn't act the same as other titles with ADS. The unzoomed BR still had a tight reticle, he even shot a few shots before aiming down the sight. It's possible that ADS is mainly for ranged combat.

Looks like its MCC for the next 5 years for me. 

343 won't get a penny from me for halo 5 unless something drastic changes. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

he's saying that hipfiring in cod is less accurate than ads.  meanwhile in halo hipfiring is always accurate.  

so he's saying using ads in halo 5 will probably have the same accuracy as normal hip firing.  so all in all the ads will have the same functionality as a regular zoom but it will look like ads

ads i still different than zoom tho.  

I get what they are saying. And I'm saying that changing an animation to LOOK like ADS while still functioning the same makes no sense. Why would anyone do that? Honestly.

If this is all true and anyone wants to have any chance of changing things the outrage before during and after the reveal and beta has been on an insane level. We're talking legitimate boycotts, petitions, everything. 

Already some of you guys are spouting stuff like "let's wait and see how it plays" and "this is just the market, nothing we can do about it". The same garbage people said before Reach and before H4.

Don't do that this time around. 

I get what they are saying. And I'm saying that changing an animation to LOOK like ADS while still functioning the same makes no sense. Why would anyone do that? Honestly.

to bring in teh casuals from cod 

Hopefully the pros who win this tournament have the balls to tell 343 how shitty it plays. (If it does indeed play like shit).

• Upvote (+1) 1

THE ZOOMING IN FUNCTION THAT YOU PEOPLE THINK IS SO DIFFERENT HAS LITERALLY ALWAYS BEEN ADS WITHOUT SEEING THE GUN YOU'RE AIMING WITH WHEN YOU'RE ZOOMED IN.

THE ADS THAT HAS BEEN SHOWN IN THE LEAKED GIF IS LITERALLY THE SAME ZOOM IN FUNCTION WE'VE ALWAYS HAD EXCEPT YOU SEE YOUR GUN NOW WHEN YOU ZOOM IN, INSTEAD OF IT MAGICALLY DISAPPEARING OFF THE SCREEN,

THE HIP FIRE ACCURACY IS THE SAME.

picgifs-abandon-thread-fuck-this-shit-30

I'm out. I'd take Waypoint over you guys right now. I'll be back when you're not eating your shit.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 14

I hope the pros start out an sprint then engage in a battle then just put down there controllers an walk away.

• Upvote (+1) 2

If this is all true and anyone wants to have any chance of changing things the outrage before during and after the reveal and beta has been on an insane level. We're talking legitimate boycotts, petitions, everything. 

Already some of you guys are spouting stuff like "let's wait and see how it plays" and "this is just the market, nothing we can do about it". The same garbage people said before Reach and before H4.

Don't do that this time around. 

We just have to wait until tomorrow. If it's worse than what it is now, I wouldn't be surprised if their's boycotts, and petitions.

There was a contest at 343 to see who could make a video that would piss off the entire Halo community in only 6 seconds. They produced gold.

Thank God for the MCC. You can take your sprint and ADS and shove them up your butt 343. I can go play games that are 100x better.

Watch the matchmaking suddenly stop working in MCC after Halo 5 comes out, haha.

What you are saying is that it isn't actually ADS, just still zoom with an iron sights animation. To that I say ROFL. Do you actually believe that they would do this for nothing more then a change in animation? Because I don't. I garantee there will be a change to the actual gameplay because of it. Slower movement, changes in fire from hip accuracy, etc.

His speed was unchanged when he aimed down the sights. The BR reticle was as tight as ever, meaning "firing from the hip" will not be innacurate. The ADS zoom was 2x, as usual.

If there is a change in gameplay, we haven't seen it yet.

• Upvote (+1) 1

THE ZOOMING IN FUNCTION THAT YOU PEOPLE THINK IS SO DIFFERENT HAS LITERALLY ALWAYS BEEN ADS WITHOUT SEEING THE GUN YOU'RE AIMING WITH WHEN YOU'RE ZOOMED IN.

THE ADS THAT HAS BEEN SHOWN IN THE LEAKED GIF IS LITERALLY THE SAME ZOOM IN FUNCTION WE'VE ALWAYS HAD EXCEPT YOU SEE YOUR GUN NOW WHEN YOU ZOOM IN, INSTEAD OF IT MAGICALLY DISAPPEARING OFF THE SCREEN,

picgifs-abandon-thread-fuck-this-shit-30

I'm out. I'd take Waypoint over you guys right now. I'll be back when you're not eating your shit.

so you clearly don't know the difference between ads and using a scope...poor u

• Upvote (+1) 2

So you think that it is just a "reskin" with no fundamental changes to gameplay? Again I say ROFL.

Why would anyone change the animation to a ADS animation, something that has well known functionality, yet not implement any of the well known ADS functionality? Why not leave it without then? Because if it is just a reskin of the animation then it isn't even ADS.

I'm not wrong. Your post has no proof to it. You have an image with a reticle and are making judgement. No different then what everyone else is doing on the other side of the fence.

You can clearly see a small reticle in the clip. He has some evidence to support his post.

so you clearly don't know the difference between ads and using a scope...poor u

Aesthetic.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Despite the all caps, I'm with Faeyrin on this one.

The reticle had no bloom and was fired accurately before he ADS'd. The aiming is just a replacement for the zoom feature from what I can tell.

(Think of it like Ghosts' dual rendering for snipers. It didn't affect the aiming of snipers, but allowed more to be seen outside of the scope)

• Upvote (+1) 2

Despite the all caps, I'm with Faeyrin on this one.

The reticle had no bloom and was fired accurately before he ADS'd. The aiming is just a replacement for the zoom feature from what I can tell.

(Think of it like Ghosts' dual rendering for snipers. It didn't affect the aiming of snipers, but allowed more to be seen outside of the scope)

Except it was already confirmed "pretty much all" weapons in Halo 5 including the assault rifle, have ADS.

• Upvote (+1) 1

ADS slows down your movement (removing the option to strafe and most of the time to jump). Arena shooters are good because of the equal starts, small maps, but the movement is no negligible factor. Quite the opposite in Halo's case. Not to mention it brings flinch back...

It's safe to assume the hip fire accuracy isn't the same seeing how little ADS increased actual zoom.

EDIT: The only way 343 could make this work is by making it so not using ADS doesn't make your weapon less accurate, or make it so you retain all your movement options while using ADS.

• Upvote (+1) 4