CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

The guy who pointed out the buck pic is probably better than it seems got the most negs. For no logical reason.

Thing is he's probably wrong. We've already been told that everything is in-engine and that Buck model could easily be a cutscene model. The H4 cutscenes had incredibly detailed models and were running real-time in-engine on 8 year old hardware. Those models could easily be what we get in the H5 cutscenes.

9415ad08e32bd4e537a14fd09ad5d00d.png

Promethean Soilder

Jesus, that thing is massive comparing it to Master Chief... 

Does Greenskull post here? He might have more details about changes to Smart Scope; both other design changes besides that of the DMR and how the animation speed increase felt. I would particularly like to know about the Magnum, both in terms of any changes to the implementation of Smart Scope for the weapon (the closeness of the reticule to the pistol which itself took up a lot of the screen really hurt ranged use) and how exactly it has been buffed; the previous leak mentioned a slower rate of fire, so I wonder if they've switched it to a 4 shot kill with a similar TTK to the beta Magnum.

Jesus, that thing is massive comparing it to Master Chief... 

You can see at about the 45 second mark of the video below that the new enemy, the Promethean Soldier, is very similar to Chief's height. The Promethean Knight and Didact in comparison though are really large. From the look of the Promethean Soldier model, I wonder if it's supposed to be a more agile, faster moving enemy to challenge the player's ability to use the new movement suite effectively.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Greenskull said flag juggling is most similar to halo 3.

Yes! I was worred that they would put that stupid cool down from Reach back in. Honestly that ruined CTF as much as the flagnum.

I have to say releasing information like this is incredibly annoying and dumb. We now have new pictures from GI by RUL by Microsoft from 343i for Fathom. Like what? On top of that we have (possible) information going out that could be potentially messed up or have to be clarified by 343i later on.

Just release news information in a blog post or video at once instead of us going around in somewhat of easter egg hunt to get information like this.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Yes! Ground Pounding and Thrusting with the Flag, pls more Power Ranger Stuff! I'm all for it! :kappa:

And it's nice to see, how u get hyped when 343 who literally lie about everything, say something like "oh boy its the best magnum ever now" (Josh said, who is the guy who brings the immersion on a new level) or "sprint will be nerfed" which will not happen. The guy in the video not even mention the pistol.  Also u really think the graphics going to change much? It gets scalled up to 900p or whatever  and nearly nothing more going to happen with the graphics.

20 Maps on start is not that much, when they get splitted on all Playlists like Breakout (which will have atleast 4-5 Maps), Big Team Battle etc. Also they cant design Maps, its not possible that 343 design a good Map. And big Maps are a big issue cause some guys mention before its not an issue. The middle of Truth was so useless and not used by players imao. The map played like shit, the remix was better but i hate the idea with the remixes cause its so redundant like the  Forerunner weapons.

Also we all know that 343 sucks at Playlists at launch and with their rotation philosophy.

Edit: So that the post have some positive in it, its great to see that juggling is back!

Is that some sort of updated Didact or why is he so huge? 

New Promethean enemy called "Promethean Soldier". It's not the Didact.

Is that some sort of updated Didact or why is he so huge?

Chief is 4 feet shorter than the didact

• Upvote (+1) 1

New Promethean enemy called "Promethean Soldier". It's not the Didact.

I mean the thing on the far right. Hes twice as high as the Chief. I dont remember him that big from H4s campaign.

Yes! Ground Pounding and Thrusting with the Flag, pls more Power Ranger Stuff! I'm all for it! :kappa:

And it's nice to see, how u get hyped when 343 who literally lie about everything, say something like "oh boy its the best magnum ever now" (Josh said, who is the guy who brings the immersion on a new level) or "sprint will be nerfed" which will not happen. The guy in the video not even mention the pistol.  Also u really think the graphics going to change much? It gets scalled up to 900p or whatever  and nearly nothing more going to happen with the graphics.

20 Maps on start is not that much, when they get splitted on all Playlists like Breakout (which will have atleast 4-5 Maps), Big Team Battle etc. Also they cant design Maps, its not possible that 343 design a good Map. And big Maps are a big issue cause some guys mention before its not an issue. The middle of Truth was so useless and not used by players imao. The map played like shit, the remix was better but i hate the idea with the remixes cause its so redundant like the  Forerunner weapons.

Also we all know that 343 sucks at Playlists at launch and with their rotation philosophy.

What in gods name are you even ranting about

I mean the thing on the far right. Hes twice as high as the Chief. I dont remember him that big from H4s campaign.

Oh, this?

2495366-halo+xbox+one+reveal+03.jpg

It's called a Guardian (hence the title Halo 5: Guardians). It's a Forerunner bird thing which is causing anomalies in deep space and there's more than one.

EDIT: I'm an idiot, yeah, that's the Didact. I thought we were looking at a different image.

• Upvote (+1) 1

27/28 seconds.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Oh, this?

2495366-halo+xbox+one+reveal+03.jpg

It's called a Guardian (hence the title Halo 5: Guardians). It's a Forerunner bird thing which is causing anomalies in deep space and there's more than one.

He's talking about the Didact, featured at the end of that line-up; the Guardian is a lot more than double Chief's height, while the Promethean Soldier is close to Chief's height (you can't really see that in the image on this page as the model of the Promethean Soldier is blocking its silhouette in the line-up). 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Oh, this?

Haha no x). I mean the one on the far right of the picture Batchford posted. But I just looked up a H4 cutscene on Youtube and hes really much bigger than the chief. My bad.

Edit: @@Mendicant Thats the one I was watching yes hehe.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is it just me, or do most of the maps in Halo 5 look really similar? 

• Upvote (+1) 2

What in gods name are you even ranting about

That people jump all over again on the hype train and it worked like 343 wanted.  Also i need to express my hate for 343.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Is it just me, or do most of the maps in Halo 5 look really similar? 

You are not alone. The new underwater Map look like some sort of Empire with a other background.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

That people jump all over again on the hype train and it worked like 343 wanted.  Also i need to express my hate for 343.

I don't think I ever got off the hype train. Halo 5 hype has been chugging along since the beta for me. The recent news has just ramped it into overdrive.