CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Its a 3D render dont' expect the Xbox to do the same. DEVs have been showing PC made 3D renders for years now...

Lmao can't believe you got negged to hell for trying to get people to wake up from the hype train.

343 done pulled the wool over everyone's eyes again. Stop eating up every single piece of marketing material. This is exactly what they are hoping for.

I'm not saying that most of the news isn't positive. But you have to take it all with a grain of salt and think critically and not neg someone for bringing up a completely valid point. Let's not turn this forum into waypoint please.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 2

At the moment I am not hyped at all for Halo 5, I've said multiple times I will never buy Halo 5 because of MCC (overreaction... obviously I will buy it if it's getting widespread claim to be the best Halo yet from every past and present competitive player and everyone on this forum is going crazy about it, otherwise I'll likely pass). I only ever played Halo campaigns split screen so that's gone and I didn't really enjoy the beta (didn't play past the second week and didn't bother getting ranked in breakout). Reach, Halo 4 and especially MCC have numbed my enthusiasm for this franchise and I don't have the time to devote to Halo that I once had.

I'd say 343 has been kicking goals with respect to changes from the beta and the game is shaping up to be MUCH better than Halo 4 (and Reach in my opinion). I can't recall disagreeing with the direction of any particular change since the beta. It's easy to get caught up on the hate bandwagon, and just irrationally criticise everything. Halo 5 just isn't looking like it'll be my type of Halo game at the moment, and people need to remember that it's just a $60 game that you can choose to buy.

I'm in the same boat, glad to know at least one person feels the same way I do about H5.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I actually liked Bigship. It only felt wider tbh as of Thruster. Best map was Regret which was I felt was smaller

I've seen a lot of people hating on Regret and I honestly don't know why.  Was my favorite map of the beta by far.

I think the reason it felt smaller was due to all of the natural cover reducing the length of the sightlines compared to a map like Truth.  I bet the actual length is roughly the same.

Just looked at the gaf thread, are they being serious about supporting the bro celebrations? At first I thought they were joking but then I kept reading....

Lmao can't believe you got negged to hell for trying to get people to wake up from the hype train.

343 done pulled the wool over everyone's eyes again. Stop eating up every single piece of marketing material. This is exactly what they are hoping for.

I'm not saying that most of the news isn't positive. But you have to take it all with a grain of salt and think critically and not neg someone for bringing up a completely valid point. Let's not turn this forum into waypoint please.

How about we just wait until we get more gameplay before we judge graphics off of magazine scans?

• Upvote (+1) 1

If you guys want to debate and talk about mechanics that aren't going to change, keep it here - http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/3370-the-great-halo-debate-thread/

Future posts will be removed.

Thanks.

ps: stop giving hf views.

So debate about ones that will change?

Debating about stuff that will never happen is the only reason any halo forum is alive. No news, Not content, Not Pros.

So debate about ones that will change?

Debating about stuff that will never happen is the only reason any halo forum is alive. No news, Not content, Not Pros.

That was about sprint, it's been beaten to death. It isn't getting removed, just tweaked and there is a toggle.

I've seen a lot of people hating on Regret and I honestly don't know why.  Was my favorite map of the beta by far.

I think the reason it felt smaller was due to all of the natural cover reducing the length of the sightlines compared to a map like Truth.  I bet the actual length is roughly the same.

I've seen little hate for regret and Pegasus, both of which I liked actually, Orion wasn't stellar, which is sad because I really wanted to like that map, as it shares its name with a Metallica song. Truth was ok, the design wasn't bad, just the weapon placement was. Empire and Eden can be cut and I wouldn't care. I literally had no reaction when playing on them.

I liked the map that was later on in the beta, with the boardwalks. Orion was fun but too big. Eden was incredible.

The other forge map, with the rockets in the middle and the snipe at the bottom of the stairs, was awesome to play on, however there was a huge chunk of the map that never got used because there was no weapon spawns there or any other reason to be there.

They're gonna drop some stellar maps, just wait and see friends, I see a big damnation return or something epic from CE. Otherwise I don't wanna see remakes. I want halo to keep progressing and I think the beta is helping us get what we want. Let halo 5 be its own game. It's gonna be great.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I liked the map that was later on in the beta, with the boardwalks. Orion was fun but too big. Eden was incredible.

The other forge map, with the rockets in the middle and the snipe at the bottom of the stairs, was awesome to play on, however there was a huge chunk of the map that never got used because there was no weapon spawns there or any other reason to be there.

They're gonna drop some stellar maps, just wait and see friends, I see a big damnation return or something epic from CE. Otherwise I don't wanna see remakes. I want halo to keep progressing and I think the beta is helping us get what we want. Let halo 5 be its own game. It's gonna be great.

hey this guy is being optimistic!

Get him.

• Upvote (+1) 3

People on this forum are starting to disgust me. I could easily said "pfffttt graphics r bett3r on teh PC" but I took some pity and pointed out it was just a 3D render.

Jeez Halo 5 is upon us and everyone is forgetting 343i's WAR CRIMES AGAINST HALO!!

Wake the fuck up people! I don't personally dislike Halo's graphics, they aren't the best but it has an exceptional art style which can improve the visual experience.

Lots of you Especially the new comers need to take your 343i hype goggles off and take things with a grain of or else 343i will fucking cut us open and rub the salt we refused and rub it in our wounds!!!

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've always preferred slightly larger maps. I like having room to move around. Even in 4v4. Shrine is by far my favourite of the H2A maps because of this.

In the beta I actually really liked Empire. The dual sniper setup was pretty stupid but I loved the sneaky routes in and out of the generator room. The number of times I dukes or intercepted someone using them was brilliant.

Yes sir you are right but I will not listen to you. There are so much seriousness in my life and even if I love the Halo franchise it is still entertainment and I choose to get hyped because that is exactly what I want. Same thing with the new Star Wars movie. As a consumer of entertainment I don´t want to think to logical about things. The reason I am gaming is more or less to evade reason and seriousness. English is not my native language and..gnnn...it is hard to explain exactly how I feel about it :-/

With "seriousness" I don´t mean that I don´t care about the outcome or 343s mistakes. But more that I want to get excited about things in my life and Halo have been a big part of my life since the beginning. So I push myself to get excited and I ignore the voice of reason yelling in my head.  H5 can be good, HCS can be good. There a definitely things pointing in that direction. And H5 can be a disaster for obvious reasons. But as a consumer of entertainment I choose to see the glass as half full and just go with the hype. I focus on the things that looks good. How do you say it..."better to have loved and lost and never loved" and for me that is still my viewpoint regarding H5 and it is spicing up my life.

But in my excitement I will never be a mindless person like "Halo-follower" (who actually is hurting the cause with his rubbish) and I really appreciate all the BF member who analyze H5 and share their feedback, positive and negative. I sincerely hope that 343 are following this thread in detail because it is full of gold (hiding in some mud).

I am on the hype train and the thrill is real but I am not doing a YT-video every day about my hype. At most I am posting a gif or some naive expression but most of it I contain in my inner space. This "hype" is maybe the main reason I am visiting the worlds best Halo forum 37 times a day. Maybe H5 crash and burns but I will take that hit another day.

TLDR: Getting hyped is one of the main reason I consume entertainment.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This is my favorite time of the year. The hype builds and the community is divided and all fighting happens all the way to launch. TBH I like watching train wrecks.

This is my favorite time of the year. The hype builds and the community is divided and all fighting happens all the way to launch. TBH I like watching train wrecks.

I'll sit in my lair watch these people tear each other apart if it all falls apart during launch. All those poor bastard trying to positive and putting down those who spoke truth.

You're optimism is refreshing.

I need to stop quoting your posts.

• Upvote (+1) 1

only game I've ever played were exp was 1 point per game, instead thousands of points during the match like every game now.

Yeah, makes it mean a lot more when uts just 1 EXP per game. Also helps stop quitting....a little.

Are we negging people now for not liking what they know and have experienced so far of Halo 5? Seems a bit harsh. Whenever news comes around and people get temporarily hyped on here, there always seems to be a short period of time where those who maintain their dislike of Halo 5 are suddenly treated as the bad guys. Come on now...

Also, the sooner we can get word on whether or not these free DLC maps include forge maps, the better. It's great news and one of the best things 343 could do to get my interest in multiplayer starting up again, but if it's just because they're going to call forge maps "DLC" then I'm not interested. I hope we find out before launch.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Are we negging people now for not liking what they know and have experienced so far of Halo 5? Seems a bit harsh. Whenever news comes around and people get temporarily hyped on here, there always seems to be a short period of time where those who maintain their dislike of Halo 5 are suddenly treated as the bad guys. Come on now...

Also, the sooner we can get word on whether or not these free DLC maps include forge maps, the better. It's great news and one of the best things 343 could do to get my interest in multiplayer starting up again, but if it's just because they're going to call forge maps "DLC" then I'm not interested. I hope we find out before launch.

I think we're actually negging those who call people morons for liking H5.

That and apparently we're not true Halo fans.

Disliking H5 is fine, calling those with a different opinion to you a moron is not.

http://www.readyuplive.com/2015/06/my-halo-5-guardians-experience/

• Upvote (+1) 2

Flag juggling is confirmed for Halo 5! This is alongside a number of other details about Capture the Flag, the Storm Rifle which apparently overheats quickly making pacing more important, Shotgun, base movement speed and strafing which he states as being noticeably faster, while he didn't notice too much of a difference with Sprint, Ground Pound is now on the melee button (as the Gameinformer article stated) with a smaller area of effect, the Assault Rifle feels less overpowered while the Hydra feels better out of scope.

1 minute and 34 seconds for the flag juggling confirmation, but I'd recommend watching the full video for the other details.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Yes! Great news, CTF is probably my favourite gametype ever. I'm guessing you still have your pistol out though? Looks like it anyway.

So you can groundpound with the flag?

That's interesting, he didn't say you can thrust with it but I assume you can if you can ground pound.

I think we're actually negging those who call people morons for liking H5.

That and apparently we're not true Halo fans.

Disliking H5 is fine, calling those with a different opinion to you a moron is not.

http://www.readyuplive.com/2015/06/my-halo-5-guardians-experience/

The guy who pointed out the buck pic is probably better than it seems got the most negs. For no logical reason.

Yes! Great news, CTF is probably my favourite gametype ever. I'm guessing you still have your pistol out though? Looks like it anyway.

Pistol is always out. No auto pickup and flag juggling.

Flag Juggling confirmation is huge. Hopefully we get more information on CTF as a whole soon.

• Upvote (+1) 2