CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I'll get overlooked anyway, gave them my feedback after the beta and nothing's changed. It may actually be worse. I heard flagnum is being considered. Seriously, how can that even be getting talked about?

I can respect your opinion of not liking Halo 5, but to say that nothing's changed for the better after beta feedback is one of the most deluded things I've read on these forums.

• Upvote (+1) 8

This is about the time before release where all the competitive Halo fans get caught up in the CGI trailers and pre-release marketing hype to try and justify their purchase of the XB1 and continued support of a franchise that has clearly abandoned them. Then when the game finally is released, following routine the forums will go up in flames as everyone is reminded of why Halo has sucked the last 5+years as they ADS with their red-dot sight BR's on Sprintship 2.0. I will rent it for the campaign but that is about it.

You say that like everyone here is solely plays competitive Halo and will not touch anything else on the disc

• Upvote (+1) 1

The change with sprint is narrowing the delta (difference) in speed between base movement & sprint. To do this they've increased base movement speed, and decreased the Max. Sprinting speed. 

From Josh Holmes' Post Beta Blog: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/how-fans-helped-shape-the-multiplayer-of-halo-5-guardians

• Increase base speed (faster base movement)
  • Increase strafe acceleration (faster, more responsive strafing)
  • Reduce top sprint speed (narrow the delta between base movement and sprint)
  • Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Everyone on this forum will own h5, whether they get it through normal means or not.

The change with sprint is narrowing the delta (difference) in speed between base movement & sprint. To do this they've increased base movement speed, and decreased the Max. Sprinting speed. 

some positive news from Halo 5, feels weird.

Is it by a good amount or an insignificant amount?

Is it by a good amount or an insignificant amount?

From a leak/rumor it's pretty significant. 

Everyone on this forum will own h5, whether they get it through normal means or not.

That's so true

I'm 2 months away from getting it without having to spend a single penny.

Bing points yo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

From a leak/rumor it's pretty significant. 

Here's hoping for a magical world where sprint is in the game but doesn't increase your speed.

Here's hoping for a magical world where sprint is in the game but doesn't increase your speed.

on sprint based maps? That would be horrifying.

At the moment I am not hyped at all for Halo 5, I've said multiple times I will never buy Halo 5 because of MCC (overreaction... obviously I will buy it if it's getting widespread claim to be the best Halo yet from every past and present competitive player and everyone on this forum is going crazy about it, otherwise I'll likely pass).  I only ever played Halo campaigns split screen so that's gone and I didn't really enjoy the beta (didn't play past the second week and didn't bother getting ranked in breakout).  Reach, Halo 4 and especially MCC have numbed my enthusiasm for this franchise and I don't have the time to devote to Halo that I once had.

I'd say 343 has been kicking goals with respect to changes from the beta and the game is shaping up to be MUCH better than Halo 4 (and Reach in my opinion).  I can't recall disagreeing with the direction of any particular change since the beta.  It's easy to get caught up on the hate bandwagon, and just irrationally criticise everything.  Halo 5 just isn't looking like it'll be my type of Halo game at the moment, and people need to remember that it's just a $60 game that you can choose to buy.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Yes, 343 can we please get Halo 3's EXP system back? Along with double EXP and playlist EXP.

Nothing against this kind fellow, but I always wonder why people want this and that from old games, and proceed to complain when it's implemented. Halo 3s rank system was not great, the H5 beta had an amazing ranking system. Let it be.

Halo 2 rank system was totally awesome, but the h2a reimplementation of it was trash and now matchmaking is excruciating.

They've done all kinds of work to halo 5, why ask for old maps, old aspects?

They know we want weapon skins and customization stuff. They said we only saw a sliver of what's to come. Let's just chill and wait for E3 then dr000l :)

Sprint was always my bottom line. Great changes or not, sprint as a cor mechanic shits on what I consider a potentially great Halo game.

If there is no playlist support for no sprint, then no purchase from me unfortunately

• Upvote (+1) 2

....or maybe if I rewire my brain and convince myself that its not actually a halo game, I could ignore the death of what I consider good halo and just treat it as what all the christmas noobs will see it as: a good shooter.

get some tape out and cover the word 'Halo' on the cover

• Upvote (+1) 4

I'm 2 months away from getting it without having to spend a single penny.

Bing points yo.

Holy shit how many bing points do you have saved up to buy halo 5 lol???  I use my bing points to pay for xbl.

I need to save Bing Points so I can get a Lumia 435 or something. If I can.

I should consider amping up the hundreds I already get so I don't have to use actual money to buy it lol.

on sprint based maps? That would be horrifying.

I actually wouldn't worry about that too much

Nothing against this kind fellow, but I always wonder why people want this and that from old games, and proceed to complain when it's implemented. Halo 3s rank system was not great, the H5 beta had an amazing ranking system. Let it be.

Halo 2 rank system was totally awesome, but the h2a reimplementation of it was trash and now matchmaking is excruciating.

They've done all kinds of work to halo 5, why ask for old maps, old aspects?

They know we want weapon skins and customization stuff. They said we only saw a sliver of what's to come. Let's just chill and wait for E3 then dr000l :)

I want Halo 3's EXP system,not the whole ranking system. So I dont want EXP making any difference to your skill rank.

I just really enjoyed getting EXP in Halo 3, it gave me more reason to play.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I want Halo 3's EXP system,not the whole ranking system. So I dont want EXP making any difference to your skill rank.

I just really enjoyed getting EXP in Halo 3, it gave me more reason to play.

only game I've ever played were exp was 1 point per game, instead thousands of points during the match like every game now.

I actually liked Bigship. It only felt wider tbh as of Thruster. Best map was Regret which was I felt was smaller

• Upvote (+1) 2

H3 is probably the worst Halo ever made multiplayer wise

H3 was way better on 360. Halo 4 is the worst Halo, what with PoD, custom loadouts, and aim-assist and magnetism that holds your hand. It's better on MCC, but I'd still much rather play H3.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is about the time before release where all the competitive Halo fans get caught up in the CGI trailers and pre-release marketing hype to try and justify their purchase of the XB1 and continued support of a franchise that has clearly abandoned them. Then when the game finally is released, following routine the forums will go up in flames as everyone is reminded of why Halo has sucked the last 5+years as they ADS with their red-dot sight BR's on Sprintship 2.0. I will rent it for the campaign but that is about it.

Can you even rent games anymore? Do those stores still exist? The last time I've rented a game was Darkwatch for PS2 in 2006.

Can you even rent games anymore? Do those stores still exist? The last time I've rented a game was Darkwatch for PS2 in 2006.

Red Box, game fly, idk about any stores though.