CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Where did all these casual Burger Kings come from all of a sudden? I don't remember the site being like this a few months ago. The game is dumbed down. In case people have forgotten, the game has sprint.

The game.

Has.

Sprint.

It really seems like all this "LEL bl00 team DAE LORE? FERO = bornstellar confirmeD? who is Spartan Banter and why is he replacing curtana???" has turned everyone into a 2008 ODST-helmet-wearing beige-gradient-pink-grenade Force Colonel with zero standards for Halo.

Right now is the most important time to be pressing for no sprint settings in the competitive playlist. If they don't implement it at launch, implementing it later would make 343 look even less sure of themselves than they already are - therefore, they'd be easier to convince right now.

"Quit enjoying something"

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

"Quit enjoying something"

Are you telling me to enjoy something that's dumbed down?

I've enjoyed the last few days as much as anyone else. I just don't let it cloud my judgment. There's no way you could argue that sprint is good for competitive play, which, as I recall, is the main focus of this site. Feel free to correct me if that's changed at all. Maybe TB got bought by Halofollower.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Are you telling me to enjoy something that's dumbed down?

I've enjoyed the last few days as much as anyone else. I just don't let it cloud my judgment. There's no way you could argue that sprint is good for competitive play, which, as I recall, is the main focus of this site. Feel free to correct me if that's changed at all. Maybe TB got bought by Halofollower.

It's the implication that anyone who is capable of looking past sprint and at the rest of the mechanics is a brainless casual that people have a problem with.

• Upvote (+1) 4

It's been established that no amount of convincing will remove sprint. I don't think anyone's going to waste their time arguing against that, but the most we got out of it is toggle. Is that what we wanted in the first place? How about we make the most of it and just play the first three games or help this not become another Halo 4 (it's certainly not Halo 4.2, there I said it)?

Or just don't buy Halo 5 at all and squash all this personal shit behind us.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm a bad Halo fan because I'm not writing letters made of my own tears and blood to Frankie about my hatred of sprint while I listen to Hunt The Truth.

• Upvote (+1) 3

It's the implication that anyone who is capable of looking past sprint and at the rest of the mechanics is a brainless casual that people have a problem with.

I'm sure you had no problem doing just that with Halo 4. Truly a classic Halo title, right? We all looked past surface-level blemishes like sprint and saw the beauty underneath. No problems with Halo 4 at all!

EDIT: Oh, right, the insult. Still though, it was an accurate insult.

I'm sure you had no problem doing just that with Halo 4. Truly a classic Halo title, right? We all looked past surface-level blemishes like sprint and saw the beauty underneath. No problems with Halo 4 at all!

Are you confusing us competitive players, with the pro players that were either blatantly paid off to say nice things and/or didn't have the balls to tell 343i to their face what was wrong with H4?

Because you know what? Sounds like you're confusing us for them.

The comparisons that you and your ilk keep making should be moderator warning worthy because they're that damned wrong. H5 isn't going to be the new H1, but it's not going to have loadouts, RANDOM rewards falling from the sky, PERKS, stupid fast sprint speed, hand-holding aim assist, and all of that. At least not in its Arena offerings. If they actually shoehorn that garbage in with the larger game modes, I'll upvote all your posts.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Halo 4 had many problems besides just sprint. 

Halo 5 has improvements over Halo 4 that no one is going to bother considering because of sprint alone.

Finally, someone who gets it!

I largely agree with you, but the condescending and accusatory tone of your posts basically guarantees that any valid points in them will be overlooked. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is about the time before release where all the competitive Halo fans get caught up in the CGI trailers and pre-release marketing hype to try and justify their purchase of the XB1 and continued support of a franchise that has clearly abandoned them. Then when the game finally is released, following routine the forums will go up in flames as everyone is reminded of why Halo has sucked the last 5+years as they ADS with their red-dot sight BR's on Sprintship 2.0. I will rent it for the campaign but that is about it.

Spot on.

With Sprint being nerfed moreso since beta, I doubt that's our biggest problem. Sure, it combined with thrusters can draw out some gunfights - but this can partly be reigned in via weapon and powerup placement, obj., etc. 

Things countering sprint:

Charge: perfect for an enemy running away, exposing their backside

Fast-killing weapons: Much faster than Halo 4.

Shield-recharge delay: If someone wants to stay out of battle that long, I don't think they'll win as much.

Smaller difference between base movement speed (which is being increased) and sprint speed (which is being decreased)

Would Halo 5 be better without sprint? Absolutely. But it can still be a good game. From what I've seen I'm sure I'll like it more than 3/R/4/2A and possibly H2, just on the basis of static weapon timers...

• Upvote (+1) 1

I respect the grind the guy puts into it but he has some of the shadiest tactics and it's made him one of the biggest Halo channels out there and it sucks to see when there are some decent YouTubers who make decent videos and don't use shady tactics and don't get anything close to that sort of attention. One guy who comes to mind is Halo Canon. Dude produced some of the best videos about Halo lore and they get around 5k views.

Here's Halo Follower's video title for a recent Hunt the Truth episode:

7DE7fev.png

Here's Halo Canon's:

58ZSkKL.png

Like it's just pathetic. 

And fuck me, don't even get me started on this:

F5V157N.png

Tell me about it. And then we have these YouTube channels talking about campaign co-op, but have thumbnails from the Halo 5 multiplayer and the title makes it seem like nothing in the game will have it.

TllMFeI.png

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 4

I largely agree with you, but the condescending and accusatory tone of your posts basically guarantees that any valid points in them will be overlooked.

I'll get overlooked anyway, gave them my feedback after the beta and nothing's changed. It may actually be worse. I heard flagnum is being considered. Seriously, how can that even be getting talked about?

Tell me about it. And then we have these YouTube channels talking about campaign co-op, but have thumbnails from the Halo 5 multiplayer and the title makes it seem like nothing in the game will have it.

TllMFeI.png

Click Bait ->More Views -> More Money for him...

That's what I assume

With Sprint being nerfed moreso since beta, I doubt that's our biggest problem. Sure, it combined with thrusters can draw out some gunfights - but this can partly be reigned in via weapon and powerup placement, obj., etc.

Things countering sprint:

Charge: perfect for an enemy running away, exposing their backside

Fast-killing weapons: Much faster than Halo 4.

Shield-recharge delay: If someone wants to stay out of battle that long, I don't think they'll win as much.

Smaller difference between base movement speed (which is being increased) and sprint speed (which is being decreased)

Would Halo 5 be better without sprint? Absolutely. But it can still be a good game. From what I've seen I'm sure I'll like it more than 3/R/4/2A and possibly H2, just on the basis of static weapon timers...

Once you have sprint in the game ALL the maps suffer. Look at the new midship... Big maps introduce a whole host of other problems. We're not just saying it for fun, you just can't have sprint in a Halo game.

• Upvote (+1) 2

TllMFeI.png

We are going hard for the next 3 months with YouTube content, the channel is nearing 20,000 subscribers. None of our titles will feature click bait lore, well maybe a little lore.

Once you have sprint in the game ALL the maps suffer. Look at the new midship... Big maps introduce a whole host of other problems. We're not just saying it for fun, you just can't have sprint in a Halo game.

So why exactly do you think big maps are bad?

Hang 'Em High is a big map, but it works pretty well.

Re Halofollower:

I alluded to this earlier, but booleans are your friend. For instance:

Type this into Youtube search: "halo 5" - observe the results.

Now type this into Youtube search: "halo 5 -halofollower" - observe these results and notice how all videos from a certain someone's channel are completely absent. You're welcome.

for reference

• Upvote (+1) 4

To punish dying and give a team an opportunity to pull the objective or get points. Are you actually going to argue that sprint negated that? You must hate BTB objective if you thought people were stopped too quickly in Reach CTF.

(oh and lest we forget, Reach had the slowest, most random kills in the series)

Yeah, that's what I'm saying.  Or if not negating, reducing.

I've never been a fan of BTB, I've probably played more games of CoD.

Now type this into Youtube search: "halo 5 -halofollower" 

Does this actually work in general as a filter mechanic?

With Sprint being nerfed moreso since beta, 

I haven't been following too closely, how have they?

Does this actually work in general as a filter mechanic?

It works for search engines supported by google. Can't vouch for other stuff.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It works for search engines supported by google. Can't vouch for other stuff.

It works in reverse too.  This is probably the most useful thing I've learned this year.