CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Speaking of all these things, can we get Double XP Weekends back or something. Loved trying out new gametypes and having extra motivation to play just 1 more game when playing on weekends.

Yes, 343 can we please get Halo 3's EXP system back? Along with double EXP and playlist EXP.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Being a beta is not an excuse to be trash. 

So when you say trash do you mean visually or mechanically because both will be changed drastically 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nope.

I thought the game was smooth as hell for a beta.

If you're referring to visuals... then still no. The beta was iffy due to 720p but still looked very good for a build which was probably a year from going gold. The campaign screenshots we've been getting are also compressed to hell and back so it's difficult to judge however the fidelity seems pretty good. The lighting looks gorgeous and the models are really detailed.

Not talking about visuals... Gameplay is slow and awkward in comparison to older Halo titles. The game is being dumbed down and would u believe it? All u morons are lapping it up.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 13

Not talking about visuals... Gameplay is slow and awkward in comparison to older Halo titles. The game is being dumbed down and would u believe it? All u morons are lapping it up.

Oh really? Felt fairly fast to me, and definitely not awkward.

I'm curious to know why you think it's being "dumbed down"?

Ugh ran out of negs.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think you got lost and meant to post this on Waypoint.

Ugh ran out of negs.

Look at u all trying to neg me lol. The thing that makes me angry is the true fans of Halo's multiplayer can't get their voices heard over all these casuals. And the thing that makes u a casual is that u can't see how bad the game has become...

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 15

Look at u all trying to neg me lol. The thing that makes me angry is the true fans of Halo's multiplayer can't get their voices heard over all these casuals. And the thing that makes u a casual is that u can't see how bad the game has become...

Like your posting?

And the thing that makes u a casual is that u can't see how bad the game has become...

Or if we like Grifball, Rocket Race, Living Dead, and Brawl

Lol... people have been repeating that since Halo 2. If it's not for you, just move on.

Well, apparently I'm not a true Halo fan.

Apparently all those thousands of hours in matchmaking have nothing to do with being a fan. Nope, you just got to hate H5.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Well, apparently I'm not a true Halo fan.

Apparently all those thousands of hours in matchmaking have nothing to do with being a fan. Nope, you just got to hate H5.

That's it, all there is to it, debate over. Fuck lore, fuck hours playing, fuck years of buying the game. You have to hate Halo 5 to be a true fan of Halo. 

amirite?

• Upvote (+1) 2

That's it, all there is to it, debate over. Fuck lore, fuck hours playing, fuck years of buying the game. You have to hate Halo 5 to be a true fan of Halo.

amirite?

Yea cos that's what I said... I am a fan of Halo's multiplayer. You, are clearly not. If you like the lore, fine. If you like the campaign, fine. Even if you like the shitty playlists like grifball or swat, fine. But Halo was built on it's multiplayer and Halo 5 will live or die by it. If 343 listen to the casuals, it will die, just as Reach and H4 did.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 8

Yea cos that's what I said... I am a fan of Halo's multiplayer. You, are clearly not. If you like the lore, fine. If you like the campaign, fine. Even if you like the shitty playlists like grifball or swat, fine. But Halo was built on it's multiplayer and Halo 5 will live or die by it. If 343 listen to the casuals, it will die, just as Reach and H4 did.

I... What?

Everyone here is clearly a massive fan of Halo's multiplayer. Why else would we be posting on Beyond? Liking H5 doesn't change that.

Anyway, I'm done with replying to this extremely obvious shitposting.

• Upvote (+1) 1

No. CE was not built around multiplayer; it was a rather late addition to the game. And the later games featured both campaign and multiplayer.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I just shaved my neckbeard.

Can you shave yours?

Do you want to actually elaborate on anything?  In what meaningful way is the game dumbed down?

Yeah, I get it, aspects of the game still suck.  There's also been a lot of improvement in the way of killtimes and aiming.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I... What?

Everyone here is clearly a massive fan of Halo's multiplayer. Why else would we be posting on Beyond? Liking H5 doesn't change that.

Tell me what's good about h5 tho? It's got sprint and therefor even the small maps are fucking massive. They brought back the dmr, one of the many reasons that Reach was trash. Clamber? Wtf? Stupid shit like tackling each other? The list could honestly go on and on... Hopefully they prove me wrong and the game is badass. I would love that but it ain't looking good.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 3

No. CE was not built around multiplayer; it was a rather late addition to the game. And the later games featured both campaign and multiplayer.

Yea, MLG signed it up because it had a fun campaign...

• Downvote (-1) 5

Yea, MLG signed it up because it had a fun campaign...

And you signed up on this forum to miss the point of every post you read. GG no re.

Okay I'll stop entertaining. Just run along now kid.

Where did all these casual Burger Kings come from all of a sudden? I don't remember the site being like this a few months ago. The game is dumbed down. In case people have forgotten, the game has sprint.

The game.

Has.

Sprint.

It really seems like all this "LEL bl00 team DAE LORE? FERO = bornstellar confirmeD? who is Spartan Banter and why is he replacing curtana???" has turned everyone into a 2008 ODST-helmet-wearing beige-gradient-pink-grenade Force Colonel with zero standards for Halo.

Right now is the most important time to be pressing for no sprint settings in the competitive playlist. If they don't implement it at launch, implementing it later would make 343 look even less sure of themselves than they already are - therefore, they'd be easier to convince right now.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Where did all these casual Burger Kings come from all of a sudden? I don't remember the site being like this a few months ago. The game is dumbed down. In case people have forgotten, the game has sprint.

The game.

Has.

Sprint.

It really seems like all this "LEL bl00 team DAE LORE? FERO = bornstellar confirmeD? who is Spartan Banter and why is he replacing curtana???" has turned everyone into a 2008 ODST-helmet-wearing beige-gradient-pink-grenade Force Colonel with zero standards for Halo.

Right now is the most important time to be pressing for no sprint settings in the competitive playlist. If they don't implement it at launch, implementing it later would make 343 look even less sure of themselves than they already are - therefore, they'd be easier to convince right now.

Finally, someone who gets it!