CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Speaking of all these things, can we get Double XP Weekends back or something. Loved trying out new gametypes and having extra motivation to play just 1 more game when playing on weekends.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Speaking of all these things, can we get Double XP Weekends back or something. Loved trying out new gametypes and having extra motivation to play just 1 more game when playing on weekends.

Only if you go to your local 7/11 and buy 5 bags of Doritos!

Rocket Race, Grifball, Community Living Dead, and Brawl plz

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Oh man, I miss Rocket Race.

Honestly some of the most fun I've had in Halo has been Rocket Race splitscreen. Rocket Race on Sandtrap was the GOAT of all GOATs

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

As long as the XP doesn't have a hard cap.

H3 was perfect on every front when it came to that. Soft cap/end goal, but you could keep progressing forever (E.G. 5 star general with 5K EXP or 20K+ EXP. If they use numerical ranks, they could also make them scale up "forever" with a simple formula. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Anyone impressed by the screenshots? Looks like Halo 4 to me.

Art style wise there are a lot of similarities however it's far higher in fidelity. Although the images are compressed to hell so it's a bit difficult to tell.

they've improved the Mark VI by giving it a proper codpiece jumper. Therefore I don't have to use the other, frankly garish and clash grieves (leg armor).

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Can we talk about the progression rank for a second? AFAIK, the ranks didn't have a cap in the beta so I don't know what max rank would be but what if there is no max rank or if it's really high. The cap on GTA Online is 8000. Gotham City Impostors is 1000. At least CoD games have at least 10-15 prestiges each maxing out between 50-80 in past games.

SR130 was not a grind at all and only took awhile for some because the specializations weren't available at launch and didn't take but weeks to max out when they did. Throw in some rewards after every 10 levels like armor sets, emblems, weapon and armor skins, etc

It's still Chief, just sounds different because they're trying to make it look like Chief is evil (I think because of what's going on in Hunt The Truth).

Yea I really don't like his dialogue in this. Doesn't seem like anything he would say. He always keeps it short and too the point. He's just rambling on like an enemy as you said.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yea I really don't like his dialogue in this. Doesn't seem like anything he would say. He always keeps it short and too the point. He's just rambling on like an enemy as you said.

Well the whole point of those trailers is that we don't know which or if either are true. It's quite possible the Chief never said any of that.

Can we talk about the progression rank for a second? AFAIK, the ranks didn't have a cap in the beta so I don't know what max rank would be but what if there is no max rank or if it's really high. The cap on GTA Online is 8000. Gotham City Impostors is 1000. At least CoD games have at least 10-15 prestiges each maxing out between 50-80 in past games.

SR130 was not a grind at all and only took awhile for some because the specializations weren't available at launch and didn't take but weeks to max out when they did. Throw in some rewards after every 10 levels like armor sets, emblems, weapon and armor skins, etc

There are two ways this could go down:

1) You have unlocks spaced really far apart, nobody wants to spend weeks to unlock something as insignificant as a single armor set.

2) You have everything unlocked right away, leaving the nest 7900 levels as nothing more than busywork.

Halo 4's problem was that you could get through ranks stupid quick just by abusing Spartan Ops and double XP tokens. Reach's problem was that you didn't get anything new after the last few levels, and had everything unlocked long before that.

Only if you go to your local 7/11 and buy 5 bags of Doritos!

When they did that for halo 4 my friend would sift through the bags at walmart and write down all the codes on a piece of paper. They were so stupid to put it on the outside of the bags.

• Upvote (+1) 1

In some of the more recent Game Informer pictures, Fred's DMR has a scope - but it blends in well with his armor colors. Maybe the scope gets broken off at a certain point in the game?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I'd take AR/Pistol starts in H5 over AR/Pistol starts in H3 any day of the week.

I'm just hoping that the Magnum is as good as they say. It'd be nice if Halo's quintessential weapon made a legitimate comeback.

Anyone else worried that this game looks like a clunky mess?

Based off of?

Also you seem to have a strong dislike for Double EXP playlists

I know this would be a complete rip off from Advanced Warfare, but I think it would be cool to have a supply drop system in Halo 5 where you could get different exclusive armour sets and maybe even gun camos (assuming they are going to be in the game just like H4). It would be cool to run around with some more special armour then just the things that you unlock from XP. 

Playing the beta mainly... And from what I've heard about it since.

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 2

Nope.

I thought the game was smooth as hell for a beta.

If you're referring to visuals... then still no. The beta was iffy due to 720p but still looked very good for a build which was probably a year from going gold. The campaign screenshots we've been getting are also compressed to hell and back so it's difficult to judge however the fidelity seems pretty good. The lighting looks gorgeous and the models are really detailed.

• Upvote (+1) 2

A beta that felt like a clunky mess, ten months out from launch?

Well folks, colour me shocked.

Not really. The only thing I'm worried about is that half of the 35 maps may be redesigns from the same game.

giphy.gif

Being a beta is not an excuse to be trash. Yea they will fine tune it here and there but that was basically the game. And it's pretty terrible.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 4