CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Just make them less grindy. Looking at you Reach commendation which wanted people to get Campaign assists.

Lol, yeah some commendations was so...how did they think now?

H4s Mongoose commendation for example, or crawler snipers in spartan ops, or the pulse grenades.

I think @@Unyshek had 100% in H4. Some serious dedication :-)

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yeah no doubt. HaloFollower will make at least 20 videos of theories of speculations based off a single image, rather not imagine what happens when it's an entire event's worth of content.

Oh God, E3.

What kind of BS will Chris spew after E3?!  :wutface:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I might sound a little cynical but Beyond is full of actual, real and honest feedback (for the most part...) or, to put it in the words of most waypoint users "hate" :kappa:

This might be good for actually imorving the game (hence 343 devs reading this form) but quite shitty to build up a hype, it's much "safer" to get halofollower or that ReadyUpLive dude to those events...

Well RUL and Halofollower will eat any bullshit thrown out at them without question. They don't criticize anything and think everything 343 does is perfect, which I guess gets you a lot of invites to Halo events. I guess being honest and voicing your opinion means your a hater.

I think some people believe that if you say something negative about the thing you are covering, it's going to hurt you or the brand. The big thing is trying to be constructive and professional, myself at times have stepped over the lines but I think I've toned it down in recent years and aimed to hopefully improve the community and game.

If you can't be constructive or honest for something that you love or are passionate about, then why bother covering it? I think potentially "faking it" or pretending something is perfect will hurt that said product in the end. It does suck at times to read people bash us on other sites and social media saying "we hate Halo" or even 343i when the it's honestly the opposite.

We all love the series, most of us here grew up on Halo in the last decade+, if we didn't give feedback or cover the game anymore I would honestly think that would be the bigger issues since we don't care anymore.

Anyways can't wait to see what is shown off on Monday for Halo fans.

• Upvote (+1) 3

You might be overestimating the thruster distance by just a little bit.

Ground pound then. That shit will move you cross map.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You might be overestimating the thruster distance by just a little bit.

Even if he is, it's possible that players may be able thruster+clamber up to top-mid or bottom-mid. Maybe.

Chris can spew some of the most ignorant drivel, also express disappointment over frames per second in MCC despite it being a contributing factor to the buggy mess. Also, to the people anywhere on the internet personally insulting and even telling the 343 staff to go kill themselves, loosen up and burn a fat one, or get a job... It's a fucking videogame.

In Halo 4, BTB was easily the most popular playlist. There were load outs.

It could just be me, but whenever I play BTB in MCC, Halo 4 gets voted. It has load outs.

I see loadouts coming for H5's larger multiplayer experience, which in fine with tbh as long as the core arena modes have equal starts.

To be honest I don't mind the idea of loadouts in big team. If it comes down to the choice between different grenades and similar starting weapons then I really don't care. As long as perks aren't there and they're sensible about which weapons you can choose from then I don't care. Armour abilities aren't i Halo 5 so that already stops loadouts from being as bad as they were in Halo 4.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Come on, 343 wouldn't just dump Narrows in Halo 5 without even attempting to scale it up. Sprint alone would render it obsolete. Have you forgotten that Midship inspired a map that's at least twice its size now?

There's a difference between something that's familiar for the fans and a 1:1 remake...

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think some people believe that if you say something negative about the thing you are covering, it's going to hurt you or the brand. The big thing is trying to be constructive and professional, myself at times have stepped over the lines but I think I've toned it down in recent years and aimed to hopefully improve the community and game.

If you can't be constructive or honest for something that you love or are passionate about, then why bother covering it? I think potentially "faking it" or pretending something is perfect will hurt that said product in the end. It does suck at times to read people bash us on other sites and social media saying "we hate Halo" or even 343i when the it's honestly the opposite.

We all love the series, most of us here grew up on Halo in the last decade+, if we didn't give feedback or cover the game anymore I would honestly think that would be the bigger issues since we don't care anymore.

Anyways can't wait to see what is shown off on Monday for Halo fans.

OK, just to be perfectly clear, I support that honest and constructive aproach but inviting someone like you (or any other beyond staff) to such an event is a risk from an marketing/PR perspective...

What if you didn't like what you were shown and you would publish it on this website?

-> bad PR

With RUL (who was invited to this event, I'm not sure about HF but I could imagine he was there too) the risk of getting negativ PR is allmost zero

OK, just to be perfectly clear, I support that honest and constructive aproach but inviting someone like you (or any other beyond staff) to such an event is a risk from an marketing/PR perspective...

What if you didn't like what you were shown and you would publish it on this website?

-> bad PR

With RUL (who was invited to this event, I'm not sure about HF but I could imagine he was there too) the risk of getting negativ PR is allmost zero

I'm not disagreeing with that, still think faking or leading on people is wrong though if you don't honestly feel that way about decisions or things shown.

• Upvote (+1) 1

-> bad PR

Well I dont know, I mean surely people want to read others honest opinions and not something sugarcoated. I mean is it bad PR for critisazing a product and not blindly praising it ?

Lol, yeah some commendations was so...how did they think now?

H4s Mongoose commendation for example, or crawler snipers in spartan ops, or the pulse grenades.

I think @@Unyshek had 100% in H4. Some serious dedication :-)

Mongoose Commendation and Crawler Snipers were the worst. Pulse wasn't that bad once I learned to use them effectively.

But I completely agree, they need to be less "grindy" this time around. I think commendations should be for things that happen naturally in gameplay. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Mongoose Commendation and Crawler Snipers were the worst. Pulse wasn't that bad once I learned to use them effectively.

But I completely agree, they need to be less "grindy" this time around. I think commendations should be for things that happen naturally in gameplay. 

I feel like completing a commendation should give you a cool piece of armour. Give some actual reason to complete them rather than just for completionists.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Long gone are the days when you could look for Halo videos and be treated to a nice selection of different videos from different channels. Now it's just like:

Search: Halo 5

Custom time search: Past hour

Video 1 - Halofollower - Why 343 are like totally the best ever

Video 2 - Halofollower - Sand confirmed in Halo 5 cos I think I saw some in that E3 trailer lol

Video 3 - Halofollower - My love letter to 343 (please read 343!)

Video 4 - Halofollower - AMAZING HALO 5 THEORY! CHIEF HAS TO FIGHT ALIENS!?! OMG

Video 5 - Halofollower - Why Halo 5 will be the best-selling game of all time

Video 6 - Halofollower - What if Johnson is to return? Amazing new evidence!!

Video 7 - Halofollower - Petition to get me hired by 343 (sign it)

Video 8 - Halofollower - Incredible Halo 5 news alert!! Chief confirmed to be in Halo 5!!

Video 9 - Halofollower - Why sprint is good for Halo (and haters are just scared of change)

Video 10 - Halofollower - Unbelievable Halo 5 news! Must watch! Turns out there will be a campaign in Halo 5, continuing the tradition from other Halo games! And my view on why 343 are more important than oxygen

• Upvote (+1) 1

I feel like completing a commendation should give you a cool piece of armour. Give some actual reason to complete them rather than just for completionists.

In Halo 4 they gave you Armor/Emblems :)

Chief doesn't sound like chief in this trailer. Did they get a new voice actor? Or is it just badly scripted for his character?

It's still Chief, just sounds different because they're trying to make it look like Chief is evil (I think because of what's going on in Hunt The Truth).

Did they?

I honestly can't remember that. Although to be honest the armour in H4 was fairly forgettable. H5's armour design is looking a lot better though which is nice. With microtransactions for armour and skins etc. almost certainly coming I imagine we're going to be getting a lot of customisation.

Long gone are the days when you could look for Halo videos and be treated to a nice selection of different videos from different channels. Now it's just like:

That's what I think a huge problem and maybe the biggest problem with halo. Outside the game at least. You have no big names playing halo that make or stream videos. Halo follower dominates the halo YouTube community. I compare him to Ali from cod. Games sell through YouTube and twich, and halo has no big names sadly. Ninja is the biggest streamer with an average of 700 viewers

• Upvote (+1) 1

I hope commendations unlock weapon skins. Things like 1000 head shots or 1000 double kills or 500 killing sprees should give you cool camps for your weapons

Search: Halo 5

Custom time search: Past hour

Booleans are love, booleans are life.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not enough armor was unlocked through special achievements/milestones and too much through regular grinding IMO. Armor should feel special and meaningful, and not just an extended measure of your progression rank. Recon was forever cool until Bungie just let people have it for little work.

And also, lot of the difficult armor unlocks in H4 were just alternate skins to existing armor, which I found very disappointing.