CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Guys.

Halo has always had ADS, it just never showed the gun while doing it. The gun literally disappeared and you magically zoomed in. Pistol? BR? Sniper? Rockets? Carbine? DMR? Hello?

This is LITERALLY a different aesthetic, a re-skin of the exact same functionality. You're not even going to need to ADS/Scope in to be accurate.

9sAw0o4.png

You see that? That's a very small and compact BR reticle. Looks smaller than H2's.

So what's the point? There's literally 0 reason to change it, aside from creating an uproar.

scope in =/= ADS sorry to break the news.

You're not denotatively wrong, but I don't think you understand what I'm saying.

So what's the point? There's literally 0 reason to change it, aside from creating an uproar.

What's the point of ever changing anything graphical in a sequel?

Funny how Gaf is  "outraged" yet half of them prefer COD style play over Halo either way. 

Seems like most if not all of Neogaf plays Playstation so I wouldn't really go there for a gauge on things

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nothing that he said applies here, though. He talks about the game's pacing, which isn't affected here. That mostly has to do with the fact that CoD's sights make it impossible to shoot unsighted, but that's not the case here. If it was, then that would be a true cause for worry. But it's only an aesthetic difference.

How about we worry about something that matters more? When he's sprinting, the reticle changes to a pair of arrows. To me, it looked like it fit the "charging" thing from the Italian leak. That could be gameplay-damaging. ADS? Not so much, especially when this isn't even true ADS.

What you are saying is that it isn't actually ADS, just still zoom with an iron sights animation. To that I say ROFL. Do you actually believe that they would do this for nothing more then a change in animation? Because I don't. I garantee there will be a change to the actual gameplay because of it. Slower movement, changes in fire from hip accuracy, etc.

AR with ADS? OK now we're actually genuinely fucked.

Are you changing your stance now?

Guys.

Halo has always had ADS, it just never showed the gun while doing it. The gun literally disappeared and you magically zoomed in. Pistol? BR? Sniper? Rockets? Carbine? DMR? Hello?

This is LITERALLY a different aesthetic, a re-skin of the exact same functionality. You're not even going to need to ADS/Scope in to be accurate.

9sAw0o4.png

You see that? That's a very small and compact BR reticle. Looks smaller than H2's.

I don't think you understand what iron sights and ADS are. Halo has never had this. Zoom =/= ADS and I don't believe they just "changed the animation" to an ADS style with no other tweaks, that makes no logical sense.

ADS (if it functions exactly as scope, which it probably won't) isn't as big of a deal as Sprint IMO. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Seems like most if not all of Neogaf plays Playstation so I wouldn't really go there for a gauge on things

This was my point. Gaf is a horrible place to get information and feedback on any Halo game.

What you are saying is that it isn't actually ADS, just still zoom with an iron sights animation. To that I say ROFL. Do you actually believe that they would do this for nothing more then a change in animation? Because I don't. I garantee there will be a change to the actual gameplay because of it. Slower movement, changes in fire from hip accuracy, etc.

I don't think you understand what iron sights and ADS are. Halo has never has this. Zoom =/= ADS.

Please refer to the image that you put in your same post to see why you are wrong.

I've been waiting 5 years for a good halo and every year I say make halo simpler and don't copy COD. We even made a huge ass letter about how to make halo better and they didn't listen. I guess now ill be spending my days on H2C. It was a good ride everyone but when Monday comes around and they announce this crap, it's over.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

ADS (if it functions exactly as scope, which it probably won't) isn't as big of a deal as Sprint IMO. 

Agreed.  Sprint is just bad.  No way to twist that one.

Inb4 343 leaked it themselves to troll us.

:( if only.

This is a very unlikely scenario, but I'm going to give it anyway because it's possible.

Back in the day, when Reach was Bungie's and the Optimatch forum was a thing, we were prepping details for the Classic Playlist utilizing the settings and maps we had before the big TU. It came down to Needle Rifle/Assault Rifle starts versus Assault Rifle/Magnum starts. the Magnum had not been patched yet, and made for a poor utility weapon. Additionally, on AR starts, picking up Needle Rifles and DMRs pratically meant that you won the match, so Needle Rifle starts were generally preferred. However, it was still under debate, and it was a bit up in the air. The Matchmaking liaison between the forum and the MM team came out with an official statement claiming that the gametypes we would be seeing would all be AR/Mag starts. The thread that this was posted in garnered such a negative amount of attention that the liaison, Jeremiah, came and told us that he made that statement that on purpose in order to get the feedback he needed to push for Needle Rifle starts. And then all was well in candyland.

I'm hoping that 343i sees the negative reaction to this shit and either is doing exactly what Jeremiah did with Optimatch, or will simply change it based on the sheer amount of hate on this shit. I'm not holding my breath, but it's possible.

Guys.

9sAw0o4.png

"it wasn't a slap....he was just moving my face out the way your honor...don't send him to jail"

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I don't think you understand what iron sights and ADS are. Halo has never had this. Zoom =/= ADS and I don't believe they just "changed the animation" to an ADS style with no other tweaks, that makes no logical sense.

he's saying that hipfiring in cod is less accurate than ads.  meanwhile in halo hipfiring is always accurate.  

so he's saying using ads in halo 5 will probably have the same accuracy as normal hip firing.  so all in all the ads will have the same functionality as a regular zoom but it will look like ads

ads i still different than zoom tho.  

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm glad this leaked because if I was watching the HaloFest stream tomorrow and they loaded up a H5 game for the first time, first encounter and the guy uses ADS I probably would have passed out

• Upvote (+1) 2

I've been waiting 5 years for a good halo and every year I say make halo simpler and don't copy COD. We even made a huge ass letter about how to make halo better and they didn't listen. I guess now ill be spending my days on H2C. It was a good ride everyone but when Monday comes around and they announce this crap, it's over.

Yeah I'm going to enjoy MCC for the whole year and then wrap it up from there.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If it's actual ADS, and let's not kid ourselves it is, it pretty much removes strafing from the game, I don't see how that is better than sprint. Though choosing the lesser evil between those two reminds me of this:

126a.jpg?width=320

I wouldn't be half as mad if 343 hadn't announced HCS. WIthout hcs we could simply choose to run ce/h2c/h3 or hell even h2a as our tournament game for as long as we want, or at least other organizers could choose to run those games. As it is 343 forces H2A and by offering financial support (and a lot of other shit) to those choosing h2a as well they eliminate the chance of tournaments for other games. And once h5 hits they'll force everyone to make the switch. It's literally play ADS+sprint or don't compete.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Have you considered the fact that the series was predicted to be good based on Bungie's history with the Halo game? And also that there's 4 total consoles for the game to sell on, as opposed to the fact that each Halo game had one per game so far?

And I think the more accurate measure is Destiny has had more unique players, because I got on the other day, and I couldn't find a lot of people on it... at all.

Yes because your friends list is a real representative of Destiny's population.  On Oct 11, less than a month, Destiny was recording 3.2 million people a day.  Are you really going to sit there and tell me that in less than a month Destiny has died hahaha?

Just go scroll through destinylfg.com or destinylfg.net, 5-10 posts literally every 30 seconds-1 minute.

The FPS console market has moved forward from Halo's original formula and it has become popular.  Halo 4 had no similarity to today's FPS console market.  Halo 5 seems to be that, 343 is following the trend of where the FPS console market has been.  

If HCE, H2C and H3 are still popular enough, there will be no problem supporting the game through MCC and launching tourneys with no 343 affiliation.  Smash did it, why can't those communities??

I have a feeling 343's plan was to give Halo fans the MCC, and then Spaceduty fans Halo 5 because they knew we wouldn't like it to shut us up.

Please refer to the image that you put in your same post to see why you are wrong.

So you think that it is just a "reskin" with no fundamental changes to gameplay? Again I say ROFL.

Why would anyone change the animation to a ADS animation, something that has well known functionality, yet not implement any of the well known ADS functionality? Why not leave it without then? Because if it is just a reskin of the animation then it isn't even ADS.

I'm not wrong. Your post has no proof to it. You have an image with a reticle and are making judgement. No different then what everyone else is doing on the other side of the fence.