CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

MCC or bust I have nothing to accomplish outside of campaign or armortm in Halo 5.

Okay I need to play it first but... Heh.

Well in the context of Halo multiplayer and strictly gaming experience you only have to look back at my post and read what Frank O'Conner said himself...

If they put iron sights into the game they are contradicting there own comments. They sound like politicians.

Nothing that he said applies here, though. He talks about the game's pacing, which isn't affected here. That mostly has to do with the fact that CoD's sights make it impossible to shoot unsighted, but that's not the case here. If it was, then that would be a true cause for worry. But it's only an aesthetic difference.

How about we worry about something that matters more? When he's sprinting, the reticle changes to a pair of arrows. To me, it looked like it fit the "charging" thing from the Italian leak. That could be gameplay-damaging. ADS? Not so much, especially when this isn't even true ADS.

Oh my fuckin god...guys is only aestetichs right???...my fuckin Gooooood... i dont know wat to say this is a fuckin Defcon3 allarm...only shit i i i i i so confused right now. Somebody of 343 have said somethiing??!! I Want too play halo fuuuuuuuuuuk...it can pass everithing but ADS A BIG Fuk NO.

Somebody have tryed the game???? Beacause i have liked the aestetichs.

• Downvote (-1) 3

Asked around, things can change but, assault rifle got dat ADS too, "pretty much" all the weapons. They're going for that e-sports scene very hard.

Welp.

AR with ADS? OK now we're actually genuinely fucked.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Wait leaks are fake?

no

Funny how Gaf is  "outraged" yet half of them prefer COD style play over Halo either way. 

they have a strong halo community over there....

Really don't wanna judge it before we see a full gameplay but damn that hurt to watch. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

As long as they leave MCC up and never take it away I'll be good. I played H3 for seven years over Reach and 4 because I didnt like them and I will do the same with MCC over H5

Funny how Gaf is  "outraged" yet half of them prefer COD style play over Halo either way. 

Is that really whats important right now?

For fucking real?

Halo is dead. That;s the real problem. ADS on the fucking assault rifle.

ADS ON PRETTY MUCH ALL THE GUNS

oh and SPRINT.

I mean, what in gods name...

• Upvote (+1) 3

Hey, guys?

What if this 'ADS' is actually just a different aesthetic for scoping in, and it functions the same way scoping in has in past Halos?

Just a thought.

if this is the case, fine but whats the point?

AR with ADS? OK now we're actually genuinely fucked.

Oh what a surprise!

Ok guys, I have no idea what's going on. Someone please tell me 343 didn't try to find a way to shove ADS into Halo?

Destiny alone gets more unique players than H3 and Reach combined during their peak.

Have you considered the fact that the series was predicted to be good based on Bungie's history with the Halo game? And also that there's 4 total consoles for the game to sell on, as opposed to the fact that each Halo game had one per game so far?

And I think the more accurate measure is Destiny has had more unique players, because I got on the other day, and I couldn't find a lot of people on it... at all.

I'll probably play this but not as Halo that is forsure. I'll keep MCC for Halo. 

That is the only thing I can hope for now. That the game is actually fun, Just not Halo 

Guys.

Halo has always had ADS, it just never showed the gun while doing it. The gun literally disappeared and you magically zoomed in. Pistol? BR? Sniper? Rockets? Carbine? DMR? Hello?

This is LITERALLY a different aesthetic, a re-skin of the exact same functionality. You're not even going to need to ADS/Scope in to be accurate.

9sAw0o4.png

You see that? That's a very small and compact BR reticle. Looks smaller than H2's.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 6

Popularity has to be taken relatively.  Streaming hardly existed for the good Halo titles.  You can't act like Twitch has been huge for decades.  It's only been a few years.  Humans watching people play video games in general has grown at an insane rate since even Halo 3.

I was talking about uniques on Bungie's servers.  More people have played Destiny daily than have played Halo 3 and Reach during their peak times.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Guys.

Halo has always had ADS, it just never showed the gun while doing it. The gun literally disappeared and you magically zoomed in. Pistol? BR? Sniper? Rockets? Carbine? DMR? Hello?

This is LITERALLY a different aesthetic, a re-skin of the exact same functionality. You're not even going to need to ADS/Scope in to be accurate.

9sAw0o4.png

You see that? That's a very small and compact BR reticle. Looks smaller than H2's.

scope in =/= ADS sorry to break the news.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So do you really think it's just the new look of being zoomed in? A purely aesthetical change?

The reticle always represents how accurate a weapon is. Unsighted, it was just a regular BR reticle, smaller than normal, even. Compare that to CoD, where the reticle almost stretches to the side of the screen unsighted.

If there's an actual gameplay-affecting addition here, we haven't seen it yet.

I'm actually going to change my mind on the AR's ADS being bad. If it works the same as the silenced SMG, then it could actually be an improvement. There's not really anything to suggest that it's going to be insanely accurate or easy to use.

• Upvote (+1) 1