CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

343 has some explaining to do for the flagnum returning.

Edit: just went back a couple pages and saw that it's still being talked about. Still nervous though.

One thing - is it really necessary to release 3 or 4 map packs on top of the 20 (hopefully non-forged) launch maps by June of next year? That seems like overkill. You could space it out a little bit, give the game time to breathe, give yourselves the extra time to ensure quality, etc.

Your ability to turn even the most positive things into something negative is honestly impressive. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Got on for Halo news today and learn about no 2 player splitscreen co-op. Idk what these guys are doing with the franchise but its unimaginably stupid.

This. How many of the guys in here started playing Halo splitscreening at a friends house? I sure did and 2 months later I got my own xbox. And now 343i in their infinite wisdom, after delivering shitty split screen games for years just cut this feature. Amazing.

• Upvote (+1) 4

This. How many of the guys in here started playing Halo splitscreening at a friends house? I sure did and 2 months later I got my own xbox. And now 343i in their infinite wisdom, after delivering shitty split screen games for years just cut this feature. Amazing.

Yep, what made me get into Halo was split screen in CE at my friend's house. Adding split screen would just result in more sales. If it wasn't for that I probably wouldn't be here right now.

I think it's pretty obvious they didn't "just cut" it. This is more than likely due to technical reasons and the X1 just not being powerful enough. I wouldn't be surprised if they just couldn't get it running without compromising too hard on the experience. 

As Frankie said on NeoGAF, 60fps took precedence: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=167122840&postcount=531

I think it's pretty obvious they didn't "just cut" it. This is more than likely due to technical reasons and the X1 just not being powerful enough. I wouldn't be surprised if they just couldn't get it running without compromising too hard on the experience.

But splitscreen has been a feature available since the original Xbox. I honestly don't understand how "next gen" can't support a feature that has been available since the beginning.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You know what screw it its like every time there is a News dump about Halo 5 we learn about some feature that was removed. We are on NEW SOFTWARE a upgraded system and File Share is worst than last gen, Theater is worse than last gen. Like it sounds like there just being lazy. Halo is literally a 3 Billion dollar franchise are you telling me they to lazy to remove some anti-aliasing or tone down the render distance or even turn down the Frames maybe turn down the resolution. If the frames mess with gameplay then fix said problem. You have to have gold to play 4-player co-op online and if i'm not mistaken xbox one doesn't even have the ability to lan so even if you have 4 xbox's in the same room you would still need live to play 4 player co-op.

This company just keeps being lazy. I'm waiting for them to tell us that Online co-op won't have Dedicated Servers, why? because 343 is flat out lazy. Split Screen Co-op has been with Halo since Halo:CE, I was introduced to Halo through 2 player co-op. I play 2 player co-op on MCC with my little cousins who currently love the game, I also play it with friends or girls  :intel:  who come to my house. They act like they want to introduce people to the game, but remove the biggest way to do that. I understand some people don't split screen like me but for people still in Highschool (Like Me) I play it with friends alot.

Its like I don't understand how we had it on the OG xbox and the Xbox 360 but this next gen software can't handle it.

This company just acts like these features are small things that can get removed. There is already a 15 page about this on Gaf. Its on the front page of r/xboxone and r/Halo and a big issue with HaloWaypoint. Its the same just like when they removed elites from Halo 4.

They were to lazy to add Firefight to Halo MCC

They were to lazy to add elites to Halo 4

They were to lazy to test MCC

They have been lazy fixing MCC

They were to lazy to add dedicated servers to Custom Games in Halo MCC

They are to lazy to discuss topics on Halo Waypoint or r/Halo

You were to lazy to fix Frame rates in Splits Screen on forge maps

You were to lazy to add ranks into Halo 4

You were to lazy to let us fully customize our armor in Halo MCC

They were to lazy to listen to this community that loves Halo so much we get on forums every god damn day just to tell them what they should do with the series we grew up with, we play everyday, we pre-order every release, and give them even one more chance after this horrible release that was Halo MCC

I can't even play MCC anymore because of the horrible feeling in my stomach about how it could have brought us back.

Can you just act like your trying 343 please. I just can't with this company anymore.

tl,dr 343 is lazy and doesn't care about there community and Gameplay and Features > Graphics.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 2

But splitscreen has been a feature available since the original Xbox. I honestly don't understand how "next gen" can't support a feature that has been available since the beginning.

Because "next gen" is no where near as next gen as people make it out to be, these consoles kinda suck. 343 are going to have to compromise hard to get the game running at 60fps even in solo play. Split screen massively increases the load on the system. Running split screen at 60fps would be ridiculously difficult. From what Frankie says it sounds like the game relies on 60fps to function.

Also the "lazy dev" comment is seriously terrible. You honestly believe they just couldn't be bothered to add splitscreen? Really?

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Did I seriously just see someone moan about Elites not in H4's multi?

Elites have broken hitboxes, and should never be in competitive multiplayer period.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Rockstar?

Many GTA fans are disappointed with GTA IV & V since the end game is dull compared to GTA III and especially, San Andreas. And then you have the whole GTA Online thing where they basically say "You can have fun in multiplayer after you grind 100 hours". We should have rocket launchers, tanks, and whatnot from the start to have fun with friends. Besides graphics and accuracy of a city, Rockstar hasn't exactly been impressing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Many GTA fans are disappointed with GTA IV & V since the end game is dull compared to GTA III and especially, San Andreas. And then you have the whole GTA Online thing where they basically say "You can have fun in multiplayer after you grind 100 hours". We should have rocket launchers, tanks, and whatnot from the start to have fun with friends. Besides graphics and accuracy of a city, Rockstar hasn't exactly been impressing.

Yep,you literally had to use exploits to have fun. Those who weren't around when the DNS exploit was available are put at a severe disadvantage.

Though I don't like that 343 cut campaign split-screen, I can't really blame them...

- this generation (XBO/PS4) is so obsessed with resolution and framerate that 343 is under a lot of preasure to deliver both!
- this generation of consoles (XBO/PS4) is not as powerfull as some peolple think it is!

So on one side peoples expectations rise but on the other side the hardware can not keep up with it and devs are forced to decide, either keeping stuff like split screen and creating better graphics but sacraficing [email protected] or sacraficing graphical improvement and stuff like split-screen in order to deliver [email protected] the amount of bullshit you can read in on the internet (both community and videogame news) nobody should blame devs who take the [email protected] way since this will spare them a lot of hate...

Why some of the weapons don't have scope? Noticed how the DMR doesn't have a scope...

Aren't these pics in-game?

11247501_720256941453054_492147038259074

about no scopes on that DMR:

It might be a stupid idea but maybe 343 choose to use ADS for S IV's (team Locke+MP) but stick with calssic Zoom for S II's?

Definitely interested in Halo 5, but not convinced by it.

Not yet anyway.

Jesus Christ, is no campaign splitscreen confirmed? There goes even the last bit of identity Halo still has.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The free map packs are interesting. I wonder if they're going to try and get us to buy other things like skins or something.

maybe i'm crazy and hearing things, but didn't they talk about AI teammates reviving you in campaign? what's all that about, where is the upside to that?

maybe i'm crazy and hearing things, but didn't they talk about AI teammates reviving you in campaign? what's all that about, where is the upside to that?

AI teammates can revive you and you'll be able to command them to do things such as focus fire on specific enemies, pick up certain weapons, man turrets etc.

Did not know a Repcom designer is working on H5. I expect that campaign will have some great squad gameplay then.

I love how 343 knew people hate the flagnum, so they choose to hide it by not including flag in the beta.

God knows you could just not put it in the game if people hate it. But thats obviously not 343 logic so too bad.

To the people defending it saying we don't know exactly what they did.

Are you really going to 343 the benefit of doubt? If so, I have a nigerian prince who needs some help with money transfers. I'm sure he'll be very grateful.

• Upvote (+1) 2

AI teammates can revive you and you'll be able to command them to do things such as focus fire on specific enemies, pick up certain weapons, man turrets etc.

If that makes the campaign as "fun" as Spartan ops is they've killed literally every desire in me to even play the the story.