CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Calling out @@Rolf. I'm sure he has a good argument.

So do you really think it's just the new look of being zoomed in? A purely aesthetical change?

Guyysssss what a fukkkkkkkkkk...is that ads in my Fuckin halooo????? Guys please tell me this is a bad dream Guysssss?!!!!! Help me pleaseeeee

I can't even figure out which part of the post is yours because the multi-quotes doesn't say. However, if you arguing that iron sights doesn't matter then go back a page and read my post. To summarize it is the 26th Century and Halo lore has already explained why iron sights didn't exist. Beyond that I really don't care "if it works" because it "doesn't make sense".

I've read all of the books but Mortal Dictata, so I care about the lore, but this is a multiplayer-geared forum. Gameplay always comes first anyway.

to the dude that used to DJ, you gotta use the control vinyl's son.  that way you get the best of both worlds.  the ease of digital and the control of vinyl.  

and yes that's ADS in halo.  I freaked at first, but I'll wait to play it.  hate to see it folks  :ghost:

Anytime Ashton Kutcher would like to jump out with his dumbass laugh and tell me I've been punked would be greatly appreciated.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It doesn't make sense to me. I thought 343i was making a risky move to show off gameplay before the MCC release. Like, why spoil the hype for MCC, when you know Halo 5 will have a kneejerk reaction. 

What did they expect everyone else to do when there's sprint and ADS? 

Unless it's all backwards, and they are actually using Halo 5 to push sales for Halo MCC by telling everyone: "Hey Halo 5 is going to blow, you might as well buy the MCC right now, don't wait". 

I think the problem here is that we have a formula that works. It could be that Halo 5 is great, but why take that risk when we've seen the last two Halo's with similar shit fail? 

At least we'll get the population of the cod #'s with Halo: Advanced Warfare 2, right? We back. 

Here's my take on it...

1. They still gave us everything we wanted. We have ranks, we have dedicated servers, we have 60fps, we have classic Halo playable online, all in a nice, neat, updated for 2014 package.

2. They're not going to switch to classic Halo. We have our classic experience now, and they even populated it for us. Halo will now be this new experience, for the new blood, not the old blood. Whether or not CoD fans, who've invested plenty of time into CoD will even leave that game (or any other shooter) is up for debate. Considering how happy they are with just a double jump being added to their core gameplay tho, u'd think they'll be happy playing CoD another 5 years so who knows. 

3. Halo sells mostly due to the amazing campaign. I don't get why they change the multiplayer when they only people buying for the multiplayer these days is the old school Halo fans who don't want the updated stuff. You'd think they would just go hard as hell with campaign and stick some vintage MP on the side for the people who actually still care. If this whole plan works tho i'll eat my words. (altho I said from the start H5 will be a balanced version of H4...not of this came as a shock to me)

4. I'll give it a fair shake. I used to DJ. Regardless of how much I liked vinyl, or how much better it was than digital in many ways, you have to move with the world as it evolves. I'll have my old Halo experience again, and I love 343 for giving me that. I'm gonna try to be more open to all this new crap I disagree with in Halo because now if I don't like it, get sick of it, or just need a break from it, i'll have my H1/H2/H3 experience, and it'll be even better than before from a technical standpoint.

5. This is probably smart from 343s standpoint. If you don't like Halo 5 you'll go buy and play MCC. If you like Halo 5 you'll buy and play Halo 5. If people develop a tournament scene for classic Halo on top of sanctioned HCS tournaments, it'll all promote itself and help drive the Halo brand more. 

Had more points but I forgot the rest. BTW as I type this i'm watching someone play Quake with 300 viewers. Probably more than all of old school Halo combined. MCC however has more viewers. Again, they brought our old experience to the new generation somewhat, and made it kinda relevant again. They did kinda sorta give us what we wanted, but not exactly lol. 

1) Those are just gaming standards in 2014... it's not something we wanted, it's just something that needs to happen to call it "next gen".

2) H2A will need a fair amount of Forge maps to stay appealing. Looking at what they're doing with HCS, it's safe to assume 343 will drop the dev support for MCC soon after H5 hits. I doubt Matchmaking will be updated as often if at all, and it might undermine the experience after a while.

3) Sure, that's fine if 343 wants to sell games just for the campaign, but it doesn't make sense to butcher the MP. MP is what keeps people coming back and it's stupid not to keep the game relevant for months post-launch, or at least putting it at great risk by changing it by a significant amount. Halo 4 proved that. In their documentary though, they were acknowledging how important MP was in CE and H2 though, it would be silly to then turn around and say it doesn't matter.

4) Same, I'll try the beta, but for once, I'll be REALLY careful about giving 343 / Microsoft cash for this product... I'm not satisfied at ALL so far. There's a small chance ADS could work but I don't trust 343 to make it happen. It would be VERY hard.

5) They're throwing cash at it to keep people with big followings involved with it, which in turn transfers these individuals' following to them (343). It's fine if the game is good and people want to support it, not so good if people feel compelled to do it just for cash. You don't need that much cash to promote a good product, people will do it on their own. I'm not complaining about HCS, but in the situation that H5 might be bad, that's not a "clean" scheme at all.

I've read all of the books but Mortal Dictata, so I care about the lore, but this is a multiplayer-geared forum. Gameplay always comes first anyway.

Well in the context of Halo multiplayer and strictly gaming experience you only have to look back at my post and read what Frank O'Conner said himself...

If they put iron sights into the game they are contradicting there own comments. They sound like politicians.

I wonder how many EXP you need till you unlock a better scope for that BR...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=138047134&postcount=1320

This is hands down one of the most reliable insiders on NeoGAF btw. 

what did we do to deserve this? buy millions of copies? populating the fuck out of the first 3 games? building different scenes (competitive, grifball, btb, machinima)?

what did we do to piss off the halo gods?

• Upvote (+1) 1

How would I know you were talking about money?

We were discussing how popular the game is, prize pool does NOT dictate that. (eg: halo 4)

Oh are you sure you want to determine by popularity?  Reach would get more viewers than H4/HCE/H2C if we are going to go by popularity lmao You sure you want to go back to Reach.

H5 is going to be popular, I honestly can see it.  It is not going to be popular to the HCE/H2 loyal fans who don't want to progress with the FPS console market, and that is good for them.  But people coming from CoD AW and Destiny, it will be popular.  

Destiny alone gets more unique players than H3 and Reach combined during their peak.

If popularity runs tournaments, then H5 may actually be running tournaments.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Retrospect question to the community: 90% of us here are Halo purists who have played through all the games and have a deep seeded appreciation for the "Halo" style of gameplay. If Halo 5 was tailored to the roots of Halo instead of incorporating modernized aspects, do you think it will sell well to the community OUTSIDE of lifetime Halo fans?

halo people want to buy halo. and there's a lot of fucking halo people. 

when halo changes to something that isn't halo, halo people have nothing to buy. cod people aren't going to buy it because it isn't cod; battlefield people aren't going to buy it because it isn't battlefield. you're left with a game lacking an identity and a large fanbase to support it. i.e. halo 4

halo is going to sell like a monster every time. but chasing away its core fans will just cripple it after launch. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

Oh are you sure you want to determine by popularity?  Reach would get more viewers than H4/HCE/H2C if we are going to go by popularity lmao You sure you want to go back to Reach.

H5 is going to be popular, I honestly can see it.  It is not going to be popular to the HCE/H2 loyal fans who don't want to progress with the FPS console market, and that is good for them.  But people coming from CoD AW and Destiny, it will be popular.  

Destiny alone gets more unique players than H3 and Reach combined during their peak.

If popularity runs tournaments, then H5 may actually be running tournaments.

Popularity has to be taken relatively.  Streaming hardly existed for the good Halo titles.  You can't act like Twitch has been huge for decades.  It's only been a few years.  Humans watching people play video games in general has grown at an insane rate since even Halo 3.

halo people want to buy halo. and there's a lot of fucking halo people. 

when halo changes to something that isn't halo, halo people have nothing to buy. cod people aren't going to buy it because it isn't cod; battlefield people aren't going to buy it because it isn't battlefield. you're left with a game lacking an identity and a large fanbase to support it. i.e. halo 4

halo is going to sell like a monster every time. but chasing away its core fans will just cripple it after launch. 

Seems like your sig is becoming reality. :/

• Upvote (+1) 1