CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

If I can drop the Flagnum along with no auto pickup, then it might be bareable.  If I can thrust with it however, it will be the GOAT. Would be like some Quake shenanigans. 

I'd take flag thrusting. You could get some crazy flag runs if we can thrust.

How about this: you just sit there and do your usual faux-moderator routine, and the rest of us hopefully make enough of a scene about the flagnum bullshit to hopefully get it taken out at the last minute?

Or you know, once in your life get all of the information before crying?

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Or you know, once in your life get all of the information before crying?

This is odd... I feel like I've been transported back to 2012, and that you're David Ellis trying to defend promethean vision and ordnance drops.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Yep! Bit heavy tho.. Let me render it and upload it tonight.

Awesome, I'd greatly appreciate it!

This is odd... I feel like I've been transported back to 2012, and that you're David Ellis trying to defend promethean vision and ordnance drops.

The difference back then is we knew how those worked. We have no idea what they have done to CTF outside of the flagnum. 

Except nobody's defending anything. All we're saying is let's wait and see how exactly the mechanic is going to work.

If it turns out to be terrible, by all means let the salt flow. A couple of days of waiting isn't going to change anything, there's still many months till the game comes out.

Except nobody's defending anything. All we're saying is let's wait and see how exactly the mechanic is going to work.

And that's exactly what 343 pulled in 2012. "Oh noooo, guys, don't react yet!! The full story is not out there!! Wait and see!! More on that later!!". And then the thing in question turned out to be exactly as bad as advertised. Am I the only one here who remembers this?

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

As long as you can drop the flag and juggle it, the Flagnum is not that big of a deal. The main issue with 343's current CTF design is the fact that you lost the stealth/speed options, turning CTF into a pseudo-Oddball where everyone is fighting around the flag rather than fighting around certain routes and areas.

For CTF to retain its meta rather than being devolved, it needs two simple things:

- Flag can be dropped, has no auto pick-up and no pick-up cooldown.

- Flag carrier is not shown to opponents on HUD. Flag dropped will make it appear.

If these two components are in, then who gives a shit about the Flagnum?

Flag carrier should not be able to defend himself outside of point blank (melee) range. That's part of the tradeoff of running the flag. You can either hold on to it and be defenseless, or drop it and use your normal weapon. Flagnum is horse shit.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Why some of the weapons don't have scope? Noticed how the DMR doesn't have a scope...

Aren't these pics in-game?

11247501_720256941453054_492147038259074

UNLOCKS

they're going full COD/BF with the game. You want a scope? 250 more exp bruh. Oh you don't want iron-sights and want an acog sight instead? keep grindin...

this is just me assuming tho...but I figured this would be the next "evolution" in halo's gameplay....

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Flag carrier should not be able to defend himself outside of point blank (melee) range. That's part of the tradeoff of running the flag. You can either hold on to it and be defenseless, or drop it and use your normal weapon. Flagnum is horse shit.

They might heavily chop the flag runners movement speed as a new tradeoff

This. 343 is completely changing a a gameplay dynamic for the fuck of it.

• Upvote (+1) 3

And that's exactly what 343 pulled in 2012. "Oh noooo, guys, don't react yet!! The full story is not out there!! Wait and see!! More on that later!!". And then the thing in question turned out to be exactly as bad as advertised. Am I the only one here who remembers this?

Nothing has been advertised yet though, you're pulling conjecture out of your ass and complaining about it. All we have is a picture of a guy holding a flagnum and a comment from Josh saying that CTF is a mix of old and new.

In 2012 we had all the details about the shitty features, currently we have barely any details. So how about we find out what those details are before kicking up a storm, because you'll look like a fool if everything turns out fine.

UNLOCKS

they're going full COD/BF with the game. You want a scope? 250 more exp bruh. Oh you don't want iron-sights and want an acog sight instead? keep grindin...

this is just me assuming tho...but I figured this would be the next "evolution" in halo's gameplay....

I don't think they're doing that since they were emphasizing equal starts for the beta.

• Upvote (+1) 3

They might heavily chop the flag runners movement speed as a new tradeoff

So instead of removing the unecessary bullshit, they balance the unnecessary bullshit with more unnecessary bullshit. Fantastic. A+.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't think they're doing that since they were emphasizing equal starts for the beta.

They said there was no difference between aiming down your sights and shooting from the hip. They lied.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yeah man, you're the only one that remembers, you're the only one who thought H4 was awful, and you're the only one that was lied to and burned by MCC...Can we please stop asking this silly question? Everyone realizes all of those things. All we're saying is we honestly don't know if they implemented a way to make flagnum work (i.e. being able to drop it, no auto pick-up, etc.) I understand being hesitant about 343's every move, but just wait until all cards are on the table. What is the point of getting worked up about something none of us know yet? 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Getting shitty maps for free is a step forward...I guess.

So instead of removing the unecessary bullshit, they balance the unnecessary bullshit with more unnecessary bullshit. Fantastic. A+.

That's pretty much 343's design philosophy in a nutshell.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Then why are there pics of guns without scopes? Also, they can have unlocks at ranks instead of exp, especially since you match players within your rank....everyone you match whtin your level will have the same new ish unlocked...

giphy.gif

good lord...i hope this is not a thing and those pics are not what they clearly seem to be..

• Upvote (+1) 2

They said there was no difference between aiming down your sights and shooting from the hip. They lied.

Good point

• Upvote (+1) 1

How about this: you just sit there and do your usual faux-moderator routine, and the rest of us hopefully make enough of a scene about the flagnum bullshit to hopefully get it taken out at the last minute?

"The entire gametype of CTF revolves around the player's skill in dropping the flag to shoot" said no-one ever. It's the same "tradeoff balancing" meme as not being able to shoot while sprinting.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Nothing has been advertised yet though, you're pulling conjecture out of your ass and complaining about it. All we have is a picture of a guy holding a flagnum and a comment from Josh saying that CTF is a mix of old and new.

In 2012 we had all the details about the shitty features, currently we have barely any details. So how about we find out what those details are before kicking up a storm, because you'll look like a fool if everything turns out fine.

A flagnum is a flagnum. What details are needed? And why would GI publish a flagnum photo if 343 didn't have plans for it to feature prominently?

Yeah man, you're the only one that remembers, you're the only one who thought H4 was awful, and you're the only one that was lied to and burned by MCC...Can we please stop asking this silly question? Everyone realizes all of those things. All we're saying is we honestly don't know if they implemented a way to make flagnum work (i.e. being able to drop it, no auto pick-up, etc.) I understand being hesitant about 343's every move, but just wait until all cards are on the table. What is the point of getting worked up about something none of us know yet? 

Lemming.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 4