CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Hey at least the CoD community can now compete competitively in Halo 5    :kappa:

Honestly, I am going to be in the minority and will most likely try H5 with an open mind.  After playing CoD since 4 every year and playing Destiny PvP this year, I can see room for H5 to fit in for a more competitive game than Destiny.

Hop on the minority train  :halo:

Evo 2013 was 94k prize pool for smash.

Where are you getting this number from?!!!   All I see is like 6K to 10K for 2013 and 2014 Smash..

why in the world would they do this.................its BS, I hate ADS games and just asdfghjklaslflglhjklasdgghjkkasdfghjkl;\zxcvbhnm,.cvbnrfghjkl

• Upvote (+1) 2

this is getting spammed in the chat all day lol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つSTOP 343 2014༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

• Upvote (+1) 1

How could a game like H4 inspire you to head further in the wrong direction?

Its gotta be a joke. How can you follow MCC with H4 v2?

Hopefully Halo fans talk with their wallets and refrain from buying H5 if it turns out as bad as I think it will.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Retrospect question to the community: 90% of us here are Halo purists who have played through all the games and have a deep seeded appreciation for the "Halo" style of gameplay. If Halo 5 was tailored to the roots of Halo instead of incorporating modernized aspects, do you think it will sell well to the community OUTSIDE of lifetime Halo fans?

first cod turned into halo reach with AW, now halo is further becoming cod with guardians...

i'll say this, if all this shit doesn't come with a toggle switch, i'm just sticking to mcc and calling it a day. i'll play the campaign when the game gets a price drop but that will be it

I understand your skepticism, but at one point, Smash was in worse shape than Halo was after we got AGL Bradded up.

Smash did pull 100k+ viewers at EVO assuming that's what he meant. There are WEEKLY tournaments for it now, and it's one of the bigger games on Twitch for sure.

People don't so much do it for the prize pools than for pride. If it was all about the cash, it would have died out a long time ago.

EDIT: Speaking of cash, that might be the reason HCS is happening at all. Because 343 acknowledges that Halo 5 will not be on par to the original games' competitive standard, so cash is used to lure people in...

Then I am certain someone can come along and offer Halo classic tourneys where the prize pool is 10K.  How many Pros show up for those is another thing though.

Here's hoping that a full year of fans shitting on 343 gets them to change this, if not they are truly lost.

Retrospect question to the community: 90% of us here are Halo purists who have played through all the games and have a deep seeded appreciation for the "Halo" style of gameplay. If Halo 5 was tailored to the roots of Halo instead of incorporating modernized aspects, do you think it will sell well to the community OUTSIDE of lifetime Halo fans?

If it's got halo in the title people will buy millions of copies

Regardless of mechanics

Halo 4 was the worst halo and I think it was the best selling halo game

When you have ADS/Sprint, it changes the entire ebb and flow of the combat. Where before you had "Run and Gun" characteristics, now you have "Run or Gun" flow, where people are either slowing/stopping to shoot through iron sights or then engaging sprint to get out of dodge.

Except, unless there's bloom, you don't have to scope in to shoot accurately. Fuck, the BR reticle looks more accurate than ever. So that completely dismantles the core of this argument. It definitely applies to sprint, and it also applies to CoD's ADS, but it doesn't apply to ADS here. This guy must have watched the clip about once and not noticed the fact that the BR is fully accurate unscoped.

Anyone feel like telling me how I'm wrong and this doesn't work for Halo?

Pls?

• Downvote (-1) 2

Sorry but no. No no no no.

Every game has its success formula, and its different from each other....sadly this doesnt seem to be the case with Halo anymore. Formula IS THERE, but they are choosing to not use it.

Is the BR just being scoped in like the other Halos, but with an ADS thing instead of the zoom-in thing?

I think so, but it was established with Halo 1 that scoped weapons link up to the spartan's visor, enabling them to aim without having to hold the scope up to their face. It has ALWAYS been that way. For them to add in ADS animations violates what the story established 13 years ago. In the gif scoping looked pretty instantaneous like it has always been in Halo, but spartans have NEVER had to look down scopes. This is just another gimmick put in with no respect to what Halo is.

I'm not going to talk about sprint.

Uh we are talking about money here....  That's cool for the 137K viewers but it was only like a 10K prize pool tourney for Smash.

How would I know you were talking about money?

We were discussing how popular the game is, prize pool does NOT dictate that. (eg: halo 4)