CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Mine as well just start playing H2C competitively and just petition against the new age of halo like the smash community did. RIP

THISSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Smash is HUGE now because of it. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

EDIT: After the tweets from 343 devs I have calmed down somewhat. Still not 'happy' but Disregard my outrage below. <3

I can't even begin to fathom how even the most brain dead potato monkey working at 343 could have even considered doing this after what happened with Halo 4.

My mind is blown by the pure extent of stupidity I've just witnessed.

All I can say is thank fucking baby Jesus Christ for Halo: MCC or i would have strapped C4 to my chest and ran into 343 headquarters after seeing this.
Might be the first Halo game i don't buy.

MCC it is for the next 10 years.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I want to read Droid's post.

Any longer he does not respond, dicks will fly.

I'm legitimately wanting to read a specific persons opinions, I want to, no pressure on him.

It's disappointing that 343 is attempting to mold Halo 5 into what we see from nearly every shooter out there right now. I do on the other hand see why they are; sprint and ADS is the standard for modern style shooters. They are trying to appeal to the masses and draw in new fans to the series that are used to Call of Duty "twitch shooter" style of play. In a way I do feel Halo must evolve to the tastes of what is now standard in modern shooters, but it does alienate the die hard fans who want the differentiating style of Halo that we are used to. I can't say this game will fail, because if it is tailored for competitive play and is balanced it will get some burn on the circuit. I do however want to hear their reasoning into why they felt the need to go into this direction instead of sticking to the roots.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

THISSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Smash is HUGE now because of it. 

Smash is huge to who exactly?  They have like 10K tournies lmao... I wouldn't call that HUGEEEEEE.

I just want to hear someone to 343 trying to sell us this shit if it's real. HOW can this be passed off an "arena shooter" baffles me to no end.

• Upvote (+1) 1

all i have to say now.... to people that said "it can´t get any worse than h4" .... you´re wrong 

• Upvote (+1) 2

haloisdeadads21ds80.gif

ALLL credit to Overdoziz over at 'gaf.

I'm going to withhold judgement until I play it, but I can't hide the fact that this is not what I expected...

• Upvote (+1) 8

Wasn't there a poster claming to eat a hat/sock on stream if H5 has ADS?

Reveal yourself!

• Upvote (+1) 2

When you have ADS/Sprint, it changes the entire ebb and flow of the combat. Where before you had "Run and Gun" characteristics, now you have "Run or Gun" flow, where people are either slowing/stopping to shoot through iron sights or then engaging sprint to get out of dodge.

Except, unless there's bloom, you don't have to scope in to shoot accurately. Fuck, the BR reticle looks more accurate than ever. So that completely dismantles the core of this argument. It definitely applies to sprint, and it also applies to CoD's ADS, but it doesn't apply to ADS here. This guy must have watched the clip about once and not noticed the fact that the BR is fully accurate unscoped.

On a different note, what if 343 did want us to riot and to be as loud as possible and it was all a PR stunt to get attention around the game and more sales, when in fact, they don't plan to make the final version like this at all?

Yeah, I dunno, it's all wishful thinking at this point.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The real question is will there be flinch or descope?

At this point I don't think it matters anymore. We're pissed, and 343 is unfortunately going to learn the hard way.

What if...343 is just trying to add tons of stupid shit into the beta and see how we respond to them? And maybe after they witnessed our riots on these "stupid shits" we'll be getting classic halo again?

Lets just take a deep breath. 

It should be considered illegal to lead people on in such a insufferable rage when they know the truth.

Can ANYBODY who's fucking played it just grow a pair of nuts and tell us what's up?!

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You do realise people can make fakes right?

Vid checks out with the trailer.  Mechanics check out with actual humans that have played the beta but aren't supposed to say anything about it (but have).

C'mon bro.

It should be considered illegal to lead people on in such a insufferable rage when they know the truth.

Can ANYBODY who's fucking played it just grow a pair of nuts and tell us what's up?!

If they want to get into legal trouble then sure they can

• Upvote (+1) 4

We will find out today when someone scopes during the h5 preview