CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

You really have to start to wonder how much of these new halo games are actually 343's vision.  I refuse to believe the people there say they are huge Halo fans and love the history, yet do shit like this.  Microsoft must be pressuring them to be more like cod/destiny.  If not, well then I don't know what to say.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I wonder what it looks like played at a high level. I just hope it is somewhat enjoyable to watch I pray.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

EVERYONE, the difference between ADS and what Halo has is the movement speed. We don't know for sure if the movement is affected.

There's one logical thinker.

Honestly how hard is it to make a Halo game without trying to re invent the wheel, equipment was cool and so are map elements.  Do stuff that doesn't effect core gameplay, I just don't get it.  Might as well make a smiley saying We Back lol jk. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Well the first shot in that video still has static reticule. It didn't bloom or anything Still sprint though 

And still terrible 

343 is about to waste ton of developer support on the competitive community because no one in there right mind is going to play this game competitively. WTF have they done with Halo. I'm 23 now.... I guess it's time to move on.

People will play it if there is money to be made.

343 is about to waste ton of developer support on the competitive community because no one in there right mind is going to play this game competitively. WTF have they done with Halo. I'm 23 now.... I guess it's time to move on.

exactly how I feel

• Upvote (+1) 2

I wonder what it looks like played at a high level. I just hope it is somewhat enjoyable to watch I pray.

Watch some competitive call of duty play if you want an idea of what it'll be like.

With sprint comes giant non arena maps again. I dont even understand how Midship works with that game, its gotta be twice the size of OG Midship

• Upvote (+1) 2

There has to be some system within these decisions like sprint you cant get shields backs and ads sacrifices your movement so doing it in a situation like 1v1 battle it wouldn't benefit you because you lose your strafe basically. If there isnt a system of checks and balances the game is a cluster fuck

Mine as well just start playing H2C competitively and just petition against the new age of halo like the smash community did. RIP

• Upvote (+1) 6

inb4 Halo 5 delayed to rebuild the game 

It's Half-Life 2 all over again.

Maybe if we get really salty about it they'll take it out

Nah that never works :(

Worked for V7, Turbo, CE FoV, every remade map in DLC, H2A hitmarkers, the H2A sniper design, the H5 beta's 4v4 arena focus, the removal of loadouts, H5's on-map weapons and powerups, H4 ranks, the return of H2's ranking system in the MCC, CE's 2v2 playlist, etc.

The chances that Microsoft would remove Xbox One's always-online requirement was less than the chance that we currently have of something good being done about sprint.

This can't be good for the future of the series if this isn't a troll.

How can it be troll though...?

You really have to start to wonder how much of these new halo games are actually 343's vision.  I refuse to believe the people there say they are huge Halo fans and love the history, yet do shit like this.  Microsoft must be pressuring them to be more like cod/destiny.  If not, well then I don't know what to say.

Oh yeah poor 343, they only wanna make a good Halo yet evil Microsoft is pressuring them to fuck it up.

Come on folks. They want to appeal to the cod crowd and the only fuck they give about competitive play is the marketing potential that Riot has shown to the industry.

I'm not even sure whether I can force myself to play more than 5 games of the beta if it ships like this. I can't stand playing ADS + Sprint shooters.

• Upvote (+1) 2

inb4 Halo 5 delayed to rebuild the game 

This please. I rather wait another 2 more years than to have a game that 343 is making right now. It's absolutely disgusting that they think the stuff that we've seen is a good idea for the competitive community.

• Upvote (+1) 1

im gonna take this with calm and respective mannors.. like ace and snipedown did.. and just bite my tounge  :kappa:  #WeDead

• Upvote (+1) 2

I posted this on gaf and wanted to share it here.

I have on multiple occasions defended the design decisions of halo but this is beyond defending .

with the addition of ADS these people have now take the franchise i love away from me.
EVERY game now has ads it makes them all play the same destiny, cod, battlefield they all play fundamentally the same and now Halo 5 is just another game THIS IS NOT HALO.

this isn't fair what could possibly have compelled them to completely change how the game plays. sprint, armor abilities and loadouts those things mean nothing because the game still at a base level played like halo but ads changes everything.

i can't handle this, i'm freaking 25 years old and i'm sitting here typing this at the brink of tears because THEY HAVE STOLEN HALO FROM ME.
  • Upvote (+1) 8