CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I dunno how well the Reaper would work in Halo haha, however watching this brought me back. Good times.

It would be a heavy, two-handed weapon (you'd have to drop it to melee or get in a vehicle) that would slow you down severely, but it would be the ultimate spray-and-pray weapon - similar in speed to a minigun, but wildly inaccurate.

The secondary Grinder mode would be a one-hit kill, but thanks to the weight, spin-up time, and loud noise, it would be extremely difficult to score a hit - you'd either have to be hiding around a corner in a noisy area, or your opponent would have to jump into it (camping at the end point of a man cannon could be a potential strategy).

Yeah, it's a gimmick better suited for an arcade shooter, but Halo 5's got this loud, flashy, hyper, dudebro thing going on anyway.

Think about it! :)

It would be nice if they added the ability to access music like Pandora or Spotify in game.  Something such as side bar next to the score board to select track, adjust audio, etc. 

I know that it is not going to happen, but it would be nice not to have to either snap music, use a mix amp, or use ear buds with my headset. Oh well. 

I hope they just add the ability to turn off music inside the game.  not a fan of it myself.

Lots of people hate it from Reach/4, it's range is too long for a hitscan weapon, and it's more of a suppressing/anti-sniper weapon than utility. 

Just reduce the Zoom. The Reach ZB DMR  was the second best utility rifle we've ever had. But I wouldn't mind the buffed pistol either.

The problem is just that people seem to like or dislike weapons for absolutely ludicrous reasons

Lots of people hate it from Reach/4

like this one. The BR will always be the most liked although it is the worst rifle of them all. Alien weapons, regardless how good they are in gameplay, will always be disdained when it comes to talking competitive settings.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It would be nice if they added the ability to access music like Pandora or Spotify in game.  Something such as side bar next to the score board to select track, adjust audio, etc. 

I know that it is not going to happen, but it would be nice not to have to either snap music, use a mix amp, or use ear buds with my headset. Oh well. 

Background music is coming later this year.

Background music is coming later this year.

That's awesome if it's true but I'm having trouble finding anything concrete about it. Are you referring to the windows 10 update?

That's awesome if it's true but I'm having trouble finding anything concrete about it. Are you referring to the windows 10 update?

Yup. The Windows 10 update will allow devs to make apps that can play music without the app being open, essentially allowing background music.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Quick question. Why is the DMR not discussable as primary start?

I personally like the DMR more than the BR. Also the Sound of the BR was always awful. In Halo 5 it's much better, but i still took the DMR over the BR. In Reach it was kinda perfect without bloom in my opinion.

And PLEASE change the scope of the DMR, it was so miserable and not good at all.

This should apply to the Carbine, and Lightrifle too. There's no loadouts, so we're forced to use 1 precision weapon per playlist. The BR imo is a more all-around good weapon compared to the DMR: which kinda sucks in close-combat (I felt the H5 DMR is a downgrade from the H4 one).

If they replaced the BR with the DMR then everyone would complain that there's no BR starts. You can't please everyone. Now if there were loadouts, or those weapon set things from H2A, and Reach, then maybe we could have the best of both worlds. Unfortunately there's no sign of it, so we're stuck with what we've got (unless Josh/343 has anything to say about this).

And if you don't like the BR then go hunt for a DMR on the map.

Loadouts should never be in Halo again. It goes against the idea of equal starts. Of course if it were just the option of which precision weapon, it wouldn't be that bad. But we all know 343 will expand it further to include grenades, perks, etc. Not worth it IMO.

@@Sal1ent

I know you didn't work on MCC, but since you actually have access to talk to @@Frankie, can you get him to come on here and answer when we will get dedicated servers for MCC? I can assure it is glaringly obvious we are not playing on Dedicated Servers at least 90% of my games minimum are on host. Especially consider the people I play just quit and end the game after 10 kills.

Loadouts should never be in Halo again. It goes against the idea of equal starts. Of course if it were just the option of which precision weapon, it wouldn't be that bad. But we all know 343 will expand it further to include grenades, perks, etc. Not worth it IMO.

We do?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yup. The Windows 10 update will allow devs to make apps that can play music without the app being open, essentially allowing background music.

I'm still trying to figure out why this feature was lost during the transition from 360 to One, even more so considering it was a default system feature back then.

• Upvote (+1) 1

that sounds like they want it part of their OS so that other apps are "no need to switch to..." They tried that with IE back some time ago. Didn't work.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Here I am hyping the next Hunt the Truth.

#IntenseLoreWhore >U>

Listened to them all in one go yesterday. So damn good. I had no idea what I was missing
  • Upvote (+1) 2

We do?

I'd hope so. We can't brush aside H4.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Listened to them all in one go yesterday. So damn good. I had no idea what I was missing

Let me tell you, I can go on all day about Halo's problems as a game series, but the story manages to go from 2/10 to 77/10 in just a year. We have like what five individual novels coming out, one of which I hope covers the perspectives of ONI spooks and even Benjamin Giraud before #HUNTtheTRUTH. He is one of those "hidden heroes" you see the good side of, never see for years again, and then jumpscares you into the hype coaster.

I was blown away when I broke out my old Halo Graphic Novel (released when Halo 2 was the mainline game still), to refresh my memory in the strongest way possible.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Let me tell you, I can go on all day about Halo's problems as a game series, but the story manages to go from 2/10 to 77/10 in just a year. We have like what five individual novels coming out, one of which I hope covers the perspectives of ONI spooks and even Benjamin Giraud before #HUNTtheTRUTH. He is one of those "hidden heroes" you see the good side of, never see for years again, and then jumpscares you into the hype coaster.

I was blown away when I broke out my old Halo Graphic Novel (released when Halo 2 was the mainline game still), to refresh my memory in the strongest way possible.

Halo has such a strong story, it could work even without the game. I have about 14 books

• Upvote (+1) 1

Haha yeah it's true. Personally I have almost no interest left in the multiplayer, but I'm still pretty excited for the books and story overall.
  • Upvote (+1) 4

Haha yeah it's true. Personally I have almost no interest left in the multiplayer, but I'm still pretty excited for the books and story overall.

Hunters in the dark is the next book. A joint team of spartans and sanghelli go back to The Ark and encounter.... Dinosaurs?

Also, New Blood is really good. Some people's favorite novel so far.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hunt The Truth Episode 6

omgomg

• Upvote (+1) 9

Dinosaurs?

Well in case you didn't know they are called "Blind Wolfs", were meant to be in CE but got cut.

300px-Blind_wolf_-_deletemat_(textured).

• Upvote (+1) 1