CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

What if it was some sort of crazy shield-stripping gun that fired fast, but with a charge shot that had a tracking EMP effect?

So better CE plasma pistol?

Edit:  :kappa:  went over my head  :wutface:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've been keeping tabs on this thread and I really do appreciate the amicable nature of discussion that has occurred over the past 20 or so pages. 

Constructive criticism will take us far. 

Keep it up people. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

This was posted 4 days ago, before the rest of the huntthesignal ads, so its legit.

I guess someone found it by

Googled the number of the domain, found a huge list, something like 1200 domains. Randomly went to one for a Ford ad and it had the bullet!

Saw it on reddit.  As you can tell by the comments, the username for the YT channel is an anagram for Dr. Halsey

• Upvote (+1) 2

This was posted 4 days ago, before the rest of the huntthesignal ads, so its legit.

I guess someone found it by

Saw it on reddit.  As you can tell by the comments, the username for the YT channel is an anagram for Dr. Halsey

Note much of a code in there.  The binary at 7 seconds in is www.huntthesignal.com in lowercase ascii.

BINARY        HEX    DEC    ASCII

01110111    77    119    w

00101110    2E     46    .

01101000    68    104    h

01110101    75    117    u

01101110    6E    110    n

01110100    74    116    t

01110100    74    116    t

01101000    68    104    h

01100101    65    101    e

01110011    73    115    s

01101001    69    105    i

01100111    67    103    g

01101110    6E    110    n

01100001    61     97    a

01101100    6C    108    l

00101110    2E     46    .

01100011    63     99    c

01101111    6F    111    o

01101101    6D    109    m

Rip Turok

can we at least say that if halo ever dies,that it won't be as gruesome as turoks?

Random question:

You only score points in Strongholds if you hold two out of the three objectives.

What happens if you manage to capture and hold all three? Do you get double the points?

Edit: Nvm, I watched some gameplay again. You get 1 point every 3s if you hold two flags and 2 points every 3s if you hold three flags.

The goal here is a large, engaged playerbase. If AR/Pistol starts help us grow the community by not turning off new players, lets do it.

Amen to that! I want some fucking population again, I want some meaning, I want that hype

If I want to play ultra competitive gameplay I can always boot up CE or H2 anyway. Bring on default!

Not gonna lie, Halo 5 has some of the strongest marketing in a video game this year. Not talking about GameStop's pre-order ad, that narrator is an ear worm.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So a weapon in Halo 5 Guardians has 2 fire mode other than the light rifle.

Anyone have speculation as to what it is?

Boltshot and Plasma Pistol.

Boltshot and Plasma Pistol.

I see this a lot, but wouldn't it be something new?

When you die you can't communicate with your team. 

It's more competitive to be able to hear them, actually. Well assuming death cams are 1st person only.

Shill detected  :kappa: didn't even take the bb codes out, straight ctrl + c   :kappa:

Lol I know that guy and can assure you that's not the case. Learned a new word today though, so thanks.

I swear to God if the gun Josh Holmes was teasing is the Grenade Launcher... HYPE

If H5 has the pro-pipe I could die happy.

@@Sal1ent, excited to see the new weapon (even if it's not a pro-pipe) and the CTF changes. Hopefully the gametype settings allow for a Classic CTF experience though in case those changes aren't well received. 

Saw this idea on Waypoint:

Reach Grenade Launcher that turns into H4 Sticky Det. (in function, not look) with smart-scope.

Worth considering,  :holmes: @@Sal1ent

Quick question. Why is the DMR not discussable as primary start?

I personally like the DMR more than the BR. Also the Sound of the BR was always awful. In Halo 5 it's much better, but i still took the DMR over the BR. In Reach it was kinda perfect without bloom in my opinion.

And PLEASE change the scope of the DMR, it was so miserable and not good at all.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Quick question. Why is the DMR not discussable as primary start?

I personally like the DMR more than the BR. Also the Sound of the BR was always awful. In Halo 5 it's much better, but i still took the DMR over the BR. In Reach it was kinda perfect without bloom in my opinion.

And PLEASE change the scope of the DMR, it was so miserable and not good at all.

Lots of people hate it from Reach/4, it's range is too long for a hitscan weapon, and it's more of a suppressing/anti-sniper weapon than utility. 

Join the #BuffedPistol crowd  :halo:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Or...left trigger SPNKR fires both rockets at once. :wutface:

I never thought I wanted this feature until this moment.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Oh God... Laptop Gun into sentry mode was so frustrating. I loved the Callisto NTG though, that thing was cool.

It also makes me smile a little every time I see @@FarSight XR~20 post on here.

Put the Reaper in Halo 5 (you CAN - Microsoft owns the rights!), and I'll buy it:

No joke! :)

• Upvote (+1) 2

man, please highlight where I said that BRstarts>ARstarts and anyone who disagrees is wrong and it should be BR starts always. I never said that, my point is that the game should not be entirely revolved around AR starts, how is that unreasonable?

Oops you are right

Put the Reaper in Halo 5 (you CAN - Microsoft owns the rights!), and I'll buy it:

No joke! :)

I dunno how well the Reaper would work in Halo haha, however watching this brought me back. Good times.

Haven't read too far into this thread, but what are the thoughts on having specific playlists that don't allow party chat... I'm pretty sure during CoD4 SND you couclnt be in party chat during the game which forces you to communicate with your team... In MCC communication in game is non existent, I personally think this would be an alright idea it wouldn't actually affect teams that are in party chat because either way they are still communicating with each other

This, I miss the days when people would actually want to communicate and call out.

I don't see why they can't implement this system and have skype for teams that want to use that...

It would be nice if they added the ability to access music like Pandora or Spotify in game.  Something such as side bar next to the score board to select track, adjust audio, etc. 

I know that it is not going to happen, but it would be nice not to have to either snap music, use a mix amp, or use ear buds with my headset. Oh well. 

• Upvote (+1) 1