CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

the game type was broken...

indeed, I remember being King for whole matches several times for the loss because the game punishes you for being the better player

• Upvote (+1) 1

And again you should not assume that BR starts should be the case because you find them more entertaining. How isn't that clear from my post?

man, please highlight where I said that BRstarts>ARstarts and anyone who disagrees is wrong and it should be BR starts always. I never said that, my point is that the game should not be entirely revolved around AR starts, how is that unreasonable?

indeed, I remember being King for whole matches several times for the loss because the game punishes you for being the better player

They eventually changed it so there was a fixed score on the King's head.

Gametype still had a long way to go though.

Just binged 3 or 4 episodes of Hunt The Truth.

You're lying if you think this is not good marketing. The storyline in it is so... intense to say the least. Very well written, with excellent description.

I genuinely look forward to each new episode. Wouldn't at all mind for more Halo audio media stories like this - the focus on the non-combat side of things works so well with the format.

What do you guys think? Made by Star Troker!

10494898_898622030202596_960594748480751

• Upvote (+1) 3

Peep this lore.

Leads to this

Which shows a countdown (when opend on a mobile divice) that seems to end sometime on may 6th!

What do you guys think? Made by Star Troker!

10494898_898622030202596_960594748480751

It looks amazing, wallpaper worthy.

Only nitpicking thing I have is that blue team and red team should have their own separate quote/sentence/statement above them.

This. It's funny how in vanilla SnD you can view players 3rd person, but can't hear teammates--they have things ass backwards from competitive. Although it is a better combination than 3rd person spectating and being able to hear teammates, I suppose--but regardless locked to 1st person spectating and being able to communicate (to just your team) would be the best way to go about it.

I only bring up SnD to reinforce the idea that it's pretty unanimous in 1 life gametypes (I believe in CS, too) you can't see things your teammate can't and call them out for him.

In Advanced Warfare, it is only a 1st person view, Ghosts had a 3rd person view for a while but I think that was taken out in the esports game types. 1st person death cams of your teammates and communication with your team even after death is the way to go, IMO.

• Upvote (+1) 1

With an elimination-style round-based mode you spend a fair amount of time dead and the goal was to give even those dead players an important role on the team (as spotters) and encourage strong communication between team members. I understand the concerns around rewarding players for death, but you are still at a major disadvantage being down a player. I don't know where the team is on the 1st/3rd person camera perspective. I'm sure they're reading this feedback.

I don't get it, this would be such a simple fix and almost everyone is of the opinion that you should be in 1th person camera of a living player while being dead. The same with the sniper rifle, I've never read a single positive comment about its design, yet it doesn't get changed (unlike the rocket launcher where literally no one ever asked for it to be changed, yet it got changed).

These would be quite simple changes we're asking for.

• Upvote (+1) 4

In Advanced Warfare, it is only a 1st person view, Ghosts had a 3rd person view for a while but I think that was taken out in the esports game types. 1st person death cams of your teammates and communication with your team even after death is the way to go, IMO.

I agree. Yeah I was indirectly talking about Ghosts--3rd in pubs and 1st in eSports.

Good to know in AW they made the change in pubs to reflect competitive.

Overall, I simply think there's a reason every other competitive FPS one life gametype has 3rd person spectating disabled in competitive settings--because it's more skillful to clutch a situation through in-game means than simply listening to a call out from a teammate, providing information you wouldn't have known otherwise.

Communicaion is a skill, sure, but it's not hard to see the other team is X and call them out.

As long as the flag/ball/bomb are juggable (not a word im pretty sure), im happy.

Can you talk about the power ups at all Josh? Will they be moveable/nadeable?

@@Sal1ent Will we ever be able to completely customize our button layout. This is something people have been wanting for years. In MCC there are a ton of awesome control schemes but there are many that are one button change away from being perfect. 

I don't like how for just about every game I have to buy a 3rd party controller just to get extra buttons where I need them. 

This has been around in PC gaming for years now and I think its time we let the gamers decide how they want there control scheme to work. As someone that has always been console gamer I have always been jealous of that feature.

As long as the flag/ball/bomb are juggable (not a word im pretty sure), im happy.

Yes this is key. Flagnum was terrible imo. So was auto pick up especially on games with touch return. H2A is a GREAT example of how OBJs should move around the map.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Haven't read too far into this thread, but what are the thoughts on having specific playlists that don't allow party chat... I'm pretty sure during CoD4 SND you couclnt be in party chat during the game which forces you to communicate with your team... In MCC communication in game is non existent, I personally think this would be an alright idea it wouldn't actually affect teams that are in party chat because either way they are still communicating with each other

Haven't read too far into this thread, but what are the thoughts on having specific playlists that don't allow party chat... I'm pretty sure during CoD4 SND you couclnt be in party chat during the game which forces you to communicate with your team... In MCC communication in game is non existent, I personally think this would be an alright idea it wouldn't actually affect teams that are in party chat because either way they are still communicating with each other

That would be nothing but an exercise in futility. The Xbox One supports a Skype app. You could private chat in CoD4 instead of party chat so it would be like that but 100x easier to manage with multiple people. Most people either have a computer nearby or already Skype through something other than their Xbox as it is anyways so there really is nothing to be done about it. Basically if people don't want to talk in game they aren't going to and nothing will prevent that.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I play against people of my own skill set, and I still like AR starts for the reasons i articulated previously. Again, you should not assume that people will enjoy BR starts just because you do. That type of assumption is foolish. And to declare they should like BR starts is approaching narcissism.

No, but the far majority of the population throughout EVERY Halo game has preferred to have a viable utility weapon. CE with the pistol, 2&3 with the BR, Reach with the DMR, and H4 with both.

You're never going to get a population that is 100% in favor of a starting weapon. Unless they buff the pistol, this game will suck if they do not give us a utility weapon off spawn. Have we not all played at a high enough level to realize games with AR starts are pretty much over after the initial push?

Like that other poster said, a viable ranking system prevents this. Those that want AR starts will stay in the lower ranking tier where they belong. If they want to move up, press Y and use the BR.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Currently it's an unannounced weapon with two modes of fire. :)

:holmes:

• Upvote (+1) 1

opinion that you should be in 1th person camera

295872.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 3

Unable to watch the video and haven't been to the countdown site, so can't see for myself, is this hunt the signal site legit?