CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I seriously think that whoever is against sprint should collectively agree to not buy Halo 5 until it's removed or at least made optional (if that's not already the case). I think we can all agree that owning no game is better than owning a bad game. I certainly won't be buying this crap.

Even if they give us an option to turn sprint off, it will be pointless if the majority of the maps are designed around it. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I never thought I'd say this but... fuck if I didn't wish Halo 2:A was the Halo 5 we'd get and not what we're gonna get on Monday.

What a joke. 

Not buying this shit and will do whatever in my power to make sure people know just how much of a lie the run up to Halo 5 was.

Listening to fans my ass. And another thing, what EXACTLY are those pros being paid to do over @ 343?!

• Upvote (+1) 4

Even if they give us an option to turn sprint off, it will be pointless if the majority of the maps are designed around it. 

Quin doesn't want a disparity between disc and competitive gametypes.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Then increase the base player speed. High base speed on larger maps might actually be better than default speed on small maps.

• Upvote (+1) 1

your day is going to busy with all the bans you'll have to dish out lol.

I won't be around most of today, but Monday, Monday is going to be hell. 

People are jumping the gun a bit here anyway I think.. the new Treyarch developed cod is out in the same release window as Halo 5, if 343 pulls another Halo 4, Halo 5 will be "dad" by Christmas with all of the dedicated fans just moving back to MCC for all their halo needs. This time around, 343 needs to make a halo game for halo fans especially when you look at the much smaller install base of the X1 in comparison to the 360.

I have a feeling that what we will see tomorrow wont be that nice at all...I hope im wrong.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Still hard for me to believe that most of ya'll didn't see sprint in Halo 5 coming. It's going to be an interesting few months here.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

People are jumping the gun a bit here anyway I think.. the new Treyarch developed cod is out in the same release window as Halo 5, if 343 pulls another Halo 4, Halo 5 will be "dad" by Christmas with all of the dedicated fans just moving back to MCC for all their halo needs. This time around, 343 needs to make a halo game for halo fans especially when you look at the much smaller install base of the X1 in comparison to the 360.

I think most of us understand what they need to do. For some reason they have this hubris when it comes to their vision for Halo and try to be the smartest guys in the room instead of taking a good honest look at what works and what doesn't. No one last night was asking for sprint back. Not one person said you know what would make this tournament better? Sprint!

But yet we still are most likely going to get it... Thats why it may seem like people here are jumping the gun. History and gathered information have given us no real reason not to.

Maybe 343 will open their eyes when nobody plays Halo 4 in MCC

Halo 3 and Halo Reach have a bigger population than Halo 4 an they still don't get it.

They might not ever get it at this rate.

I won't be around most of today, but Monday, Monday is going to be hell. 

I don't envy all the staff, admins, and mods on Monday, I see a massive meltdown in our future.

If things are full-circle I'll just fuck off to the Campaign and not use the Multiplayer for anything other than superficial (read: Armor Lore) purposes.

I don't envy all the staff, admins, and mods on Monday, I see a massive meltdown in our future.

I think no matter the outcome of the game-play, there is going to be something that pisses people off. Even if it's pure Arena Halo. 

I think no matter the outcome of the game-play, there is going to be something that pisses people off. Even if it's pure Arena Halo. 

Yeah, everyone will always find something to aim down their sights at whenever new footage is released. 

• Upvote (+1) 9

Yeah, everyone will always find something to aim down their sights at whenever new footage is released. 

Don't even joke about that! Not in my fragile state damn you!

Well this explains Cyrens several tweets about noticing how no one was asking for sprint while watching the tourney all day

Yeah, as long as the game isn't total AIDS

• Upvote (+1) 2

Well this explains Cyrens several tweets about noticing how no one was asking for sprint while watching the tourney all day

It was 1 tweet, and wasn't regarding anything really.

Yeah, as long as the game isn't total AIDS

eh.... AIDS is like pregnancy, either you are or you are not, there is no in between ;)

It was 1 tweet, and wasn't regarding anything really.

Well it was a good point... not like it matters though, they don't care enough to listen. 

I just don't think 343i has what it takes to run this franchise. Hell I'd bet Valve could save it. 

It will be funny seeing them try to justify sprint. Halo 4s numbers dropped like a rock.

"We just wanted to cater to the CoD commun...I mean modernize Halo 5! Again... Even though it didn't work the first time. Sprint is Halo now!"

343 Developers -

It is unfortunate.

Monday is going to be insane. Halo 5 crushing our hopes but MCC also releases the same day.  

There is still this small part of me that's clinging to them announcing Halo 5 having a complete arena experience as we desire it and the BE staff is just trolling us for the lols to get us riled up knowing something that we don't. Sadly I'm almost never correct in my assumptions :(