CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Can we please stop saying the ODST is Buck?

We do not know who it is yet, and Buck is a Spartan-IV now, not an ODST.

• Upvote (+1) 1

uKWpWGK.jpg?1

These things were spotted awhile ago when the original concept art for that background was released.

It isn't an ODST though.

What better way to make it obvious that it's Buck by wearing an ODST Spartan variant.

There are Spartans with ODST-looking armor. Just look at H4 ODST armor, or H5 Nightfall armor. 

Well there are ODST armor variants for Spartans.

That is a Spartan IV though, just with an ODST style helmet.

I'm on the fence about Magnum being a 4sk or 5sk. 

On one hand, having it a spammy 5sk would make it more able to compete with automatics in short-range. OTOH, a 4sk would feel better for ranged battles, as you'd have more time to aim. 

On one hand, having it a spammy 5sk would make it more able to compete with automatics in short-range. OTOH, a 4sk would feel better for ranged battles, as you'd have more time to aim.

Which is why the aim assist bloom I've been begging for since Reach would be fantastic, since it solves both problems.

• Upvote (+1) 1

More time to aim, but (assuming the RoF is slowed down in consequence and kills per clip kept the same) also much more punishing. 

Maybe they'll bring Emile back whilst they're at it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've wrote at length about the importance of the power of the individual in the past and don't particularly want to reiterate. The current starting weapon lineup for Halo 5 has created an environment where the individual is more powerful than they have been since Gold pro Halo Reach. 

The idea of taking the one good thing we got from Halo 5, and replacing it with a weapon weaker than any other we have used in competitive Halo is easily the most asinine idea I have seen in a while. 

Yes it is a pistol and the H1 pistol was awesome, but H5 pistol is not that weapon by a long shot. We need to create gametypes that allow the lethality of the player to shine rather than gimping them. Halo Reach and Halo 4 sucked primarily because it felt like you were shooting a nerf gun at some guy who could just sprint around a corner in an instant. Why anybody would want a weaker starting weapon is beyond me. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Maybe they'll bring Emile back whilst they're at it.

And make him playable. And when you play as him, be able to use the sword thats pierced through his back.

The idea of taking the one good thing we got from Halo 5, and replacing it with a weapon weaker than any other we have used in competitive Halo is easily the most asinine idea I have seen in a while.

Yes it is a pistol and the H1 pistol was awesome, but H5 pistol is not that weapon by a long shot. We need to create gametypes that allow the lethality of the player to shine rather than gimping them. Halo Reach and Halo 4 sucked primarily because it felt like you were shooting a nerf gun at some guy who could just sprint around a corner in an instant. Why anybody would want a weaker starting weapon is beyond me.

You must not be reading the content of the posts if you think what we're suggesting is for a weaker starting weapon. The pistol, when used optimally, has the fastest kill time of headshot weapons. This was kept in check artificially through clunkiness like recoil and flinch, which we are petitioning for the removal of in order to let the Pistol shine throughout close and medium range...giving the highest power of the individual we can milk out of Halo 5, as the pistol better stands against most power weapons than the BR when it actually works.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm not digging the Halo 5 cover art. Graphically it looks great and I know it's showing Chief vs Locke, but like Halo 1, 2, 3 and 4 I think the cover should be totally reserved for Master Chief. Ha! I can't believe I'm saying this as irritated as I am with the MCC, but looking forward to seeing what we learn about Halo 5 at E3. I'd say it's 343's last chance to hang to what's left of the Halo community. I hope they're up to the task.

I just want the old ODST firefight back...not the Reach one

This. so much this. Halo ODST Firefight was so much fun, my friends and I used to spend so many nights playing it.

This. so much this. Halo ODST Firefight was so much fun, my friends and I used to spend so many nights playing it.

ODST FireFight was the best. It actually took some decent skill and map knowledge to survive. And there was none of that unlimited ammo rockets custom bullshit.

ODST FireFight was the best. It actually took some decent skill and map knowledge to survive. And there was none of that unlimited ammo rockets custom bullshit.

There should be the ability to customize the experience still. Firefight needs to be like Halo's zombies, not same thing obviously but same PvE idea.

As for the campaign, the level design NEEDS to be worlds better for this game. Bungie designed an open and realistic area then put a mission in it, and this allowed for some fun firefights and amazing level experiences.

The youtube video about the animated poster mentions that the spartan fireteams would be important. I wonder if we may get something like Brothers in Arms to control the respective fire teams in combat.

Bet that squid thing is flood related.

If anything I cannot wait to see the major fuckup that leads to the Flood's return...