CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Could you link where u found this? Because this could be H4 for all we know.

It was on Halowaypoint. Someone else posted it and I don't think they said where they'd found it. The original thread is now locked.

I honestly don't remember anything in Halo 4 that looks like that short clip. It just looks like what we've seen of Halo 5's Midship to me.

I understand we are a forum of Halo purists, I myself would rather see the slower paced arena style combat be the staple in Halo 5. I just cant bring myself to thinking that just because sprint MAY in the game that it can automatically be written off as a failure. Halo 4's issues were far greater than just the addition of sprint in the game. If the game is truly balanced and built around concepts of even plane arena style gameplay then it could be something we can enjoy. 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm merging all thes H5 muliplayer reveal threads into 1 to reduce clutter going into Monday/Tuesday.

Can we at least see it before we riot. I know we are going to riot anyway but c'mon.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I understand we are a forum of Halo purists, I myself would rather see the slower paced arena style combat be the staple in Halo 5. I just cant bring myself to thinking that just because sprint MAY in the game that it can automatically be written off as a failure. Halo 4's issues were far greater than just the addition of sprint in the game. If the game is truly balanced and built around concepts of even plane arena style gameplay then it could be something we can enjoy. 

You're one of only a few people in this forum that actually shares the same viewpoints as me. Can we at least see some gameplay first before we start to cast judgment on the game?, out of respect for the pro players who have been working hard to make Halo 5 as balanced and fun as possible.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sprint looks like it's in, but please, please, don't be a dick

• Upvote (+1) 6

Sprint looks like it's in, but please, please, don't be a dick

your day is going to busy with all the bans you'll have to dish out lol.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Halo has proven to have fast pace gameplay without sprint. Sprint is just an illusion, it isn't necessary in Halo. They just scale the maps larger so they seem the same size compared to previous games. How about just having a higher base movement speed? This will satisfy both sides of the community, those who are competitive and those kids who just want to go fast. Honestly, just look at those Warlock games at the invitational, they were more fast paced than any game I have ever had in a Halo game with sprint. Hopefully they reconsider.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Could you link where u found this? Because this could be H4 for all we know.

I wanted to believe that it was Halo 4 but just look at it..

That is definitely Halo 5s midship.. 

On the bright side we'll have a beta almost a year before launch. I doubt we'll see sprint removed since maps will be designed around it but they can potentially make it "work" with our feedback.

Personally I thought sprint was going to be in but not in the Arena portion. I still have the idea that Halo 5 will be like what Halo 2 was originally going to be with solid Arena gameplay on one half and the other half was BTB/Invasion similar to Battlefield

On the bright side we'll have a beta almost a year before launch. I doubt we'll see sprint removed since maps will be designed around it but they can potentially make it "work" with our feedback.

Personally I thought sprint was going to be in but not in the Arena portion. I still have the idea that Halo 5 will be like what Halo 2 was originally going to be with solid Arena gameplay on one half and the other half was BTB/Invasion similar to Battlefield

I had the same idea about Sprint but people kept telling me it'd split the community lol..

Halo 5s midship is made for sprint, you can see it in that video. So all my hopes of sprint are dead. 

Another Halo realease...another discussion of how sprint could possibly work in the game. It can't. Not because of mechanics but because it won't feel like traditional Halo and it will destroy the momentum we have building right now.

I fully expect to have that punched in the gut feeling come Monday.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I seriously think that whoever is against sprint should collectively agree to not buy Halo 5 until it's removed or at least made optional (if that's not already the case). I think we can all agree that owning no game is better than owning a bad game. I certainly won't be buying this crap.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If they wanted faster gameplay why don't they just make faster moving speed an acceleration an resize the maps to where there smaller. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

If they wanted faster gameplay why don't they just make faster moving speed an acceleration an resize the maps to where there smaller. 

exactly just look at yesterday's warlock games. Faster than any game with sprint in it.

• Upvote (+1) 1