CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Expected- but still disappointing, I do however have hope that 343 will at least make sure the game is better than Reach and 4. 

With dev support I have a feeling we won't have a choice but to deal with sprint unfortunately, however right now I'd rather save my judgement until we see the full package of what we're getting.

Fuck that noise, if this game has sprint, let's stick to MCC. I won't just go along with "well this game has dev support so we really should play it." If the game blows, we need to send them a serious message that it blows and needs to be changed, not this passive aggressive nonsense.

• Upvote (+1) 2

As many said, it's expected and I guess it can still work but if they have a sprint button and make all the maps larger to incorporate it, they're already well on the way to having me stick with MCC.  It saddens me though, they said they were listening and words are cheap. I understand the newer generations like their sprint but they're not even giving them the chance to experience MCC and to see just how great the classic halo feel is first before deciding a major thing like whether to include sprint in Halo 5.  I understand the need the modernize the series but if in doing so, they take away it's identity again, it's going to be Halo 4 all over again and this time they're going up against a Treyarch with a 3 year development cycle and a Star Wars FPS developed by DICE. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Fuck that noise, if this game has sprint, let's stick to MCC. I won't just go along with "well this game has dev support so we really should play it." If the game blows, we need to send them a serious message that it blows and needs to be changed, not this passive aggressive nonsense.

Good luck with that, last time we changed the game because it sucked the community fragmented and the tournament scene died.

Yeah, that won't work....if the game is already out they can't just take sprint out with an update, the maps will still be terrible.

Either this, or move onto another game where the developers actually treat the players right.

I have put up with 4 years of this crap. I shall put up with it no longer.

If H5 does have sprint and it does suck, we as a community will have to stick with MCC. Can't think of a better way to show them what we want. I mean we actually have viable alternative here.

Does this also mean that the rumored beta impressions are true?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Good luck with that, last time we changed the game because it sucked the community fragmented and the tournament scene died.

I would rather witness this scene die than watch/play a terrible game. Just my opinion though.

Sprint is unacceptable to me, even if it's the only flaw of Halo 5. It just breaks the game.

I am just gonna do a Rick Ross and just eat pears and shit like that now cos this is ridiculous

Sprint can work in halo if there's some punishment of doing it. I would not like to have sprint in the game to start because we see what happened before.  Lets just wait till monday and see what H5 is about.

Sprint can work in halo if there's some punishment of doing it. I would not like to have sprint in the game to start because we see what happened before.  Lets just wait till monday and see what H5 is about.

Yep Agree with all what you just said :)

I can't agree. Even if there was a punishment, maps would still have to be larger and built in less-than-perfect ways just to compensate for it. Also, we'd still have to sacrifice the ability to engage in combat just so that we could travel in a timely manner.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I can't agree. Even if there was a punishment, maps would still have to be larger and built in less-than-perfect ways just to compensate for it. Also, we'd still have to sacrifice the ability to engage in combat just so that we could travel in a timely manner.

Not happy about sprint but just looking for a positive.  Hopefully we can take it out in customs.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If sprint drained shields, people wouldn't do it often if at all.

If sprint drained shields, people wouldn't do it often if at all.

Not happy about sprint but just looking for a positive.  Hopefully we can take it out in customs.

Yeah it might make things better. I sure hope they've found a way to make it less harmful to the game, but I'm just saying I don't think sprint can ever be made "right" for Halo. Have there been any other games where the use of sprint stops shields from recharging? I wonder how well it would actually work in practice.

As long as we can turn it off for our settings, and our settings get a playlist. I can live with it.

It is quite ridiculous though that after all our complaining and lobbying for no sprint, they still put it in the game...

Also, if H5 is brutally bad, dont forget we got the MCC.

Well we kinda don't. The same way 343 is forcing tournaments to use H2A by offering financial support (among other things), 343 will force everyone to switch to h5, even if it is awfully bad.