CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Yo what's going on @@CyReN @@Saucey

You might have to shut down Beyond from Monday onwards, because 343 are about to drop an atom bomb on the whole Halo community.

:weback:

Sorry if I keep spamming in this thread, but one more thing...

If this is not a REALLY OLD build and it turns out to be true, my boy @@Hitzel_89 you better get ready to type ANOTHER REDDIT POST because 343 "APPARENTLY" listen to us

• Upvote (+1) 1

I will be banned on Monday.

Edit: okay that was a bit harsh I am just mad, but honestly if this is true I will cry in a corner

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This really annoys me. I hate sprint so much. Looks like I'll be playing MCC mostly then.

I will be banned on Monday.

Had a good laugh because of that comment..

Can't believe sprint is back in, that basically means we'll have shocking maps too :/

Can't believe sprint is back in, that basically means we'll have a shocking game too :/

fixed

Look at the bright side, in the video the shield doesn't break or even move when he hits sprint. The French leak heavily implied that when you sprint it affects your shield. If that piece of information is not true then maybe the rest of the information was false as well. Trying real hard to find a positive spin for this. I knew it would have sprint but seeing it first hand just makes me sour. Literally 11 people total in the entire world like sprint being in Halo. The other 300,000 Halo fans remaining have not only made it clear sprint is awful but even Halo pros who know this was the worst addition to Halo work at 343 and have for a while. Long enough to relay this message repeatedly. I'm going to assume it can be toggled off. If it can't then I have no words.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Could be an old build? But sprint potentially being in does not mean its a bad game by default.

Personally if H5 can get the default settings as close to comp settings as possible then that is the best case scenario and I also hope they have the balls to get rid of AR/SMG starts.

Ill reserve my judgement untill after we see the beta played and get some opinions from the players.

Can't believe sprint is back in, that basically means we'll have shocking maps too :/

That's my biggest worry. One of the things I hated most about Halo 4 was how the maps were designed around sprint. They felt awful to me.

That's my biggest worry. One of the things I hated most about Halo 4 was how the maps were designed around sprint. They felt awful to me.

Yeah tell me about it. I bet it's gonna have all these Titanfall movement mechanics too :(

• Upvote (+1) 1

Alot more people then we think want sprint. One of the reviewers that was streaming H2 campaign said the game could definitely use sprint for example.

If H5 does have sprint then turning it off will probably not be an option because the maps will de designed for it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Alot more people then we think want sprint. One of the reviewers that was streaming H2 campaign said the game could definitely use sprint for example.

If H5 does have sprint then turning it off will probably not be an option because the maps will de designed for it.

If 343 is listening to casual reviewers over the diehard community, then there is something seriously wrong going on.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Expected- but still disappointing, I do however have hope that 343 will at least make sure the game is better than Reach and 4. 

With dev support I have a feeling we won't have a choice but to deal with sprint unfortunately, however right now I'd rather save my judgement until we see the full package of what we're getting.

What I don't understand is HOW does sprint get into the game if pros are working with 343?

What I don't understand is HOW does sprint get into the game if pros are working with 343?

In all honestly it looks like an extremely early build, look at the AR, it looks like the Halo 4 one, so I would not be surprised if Sprint was a mechanic that was also transitioned over for testing.

But the maps are also huge.

I am literally anxious for all the wrong reasons for tomorrow.

As long as we can turn it off for our settings, and our settings get a playlist. I can live with it.

It is quite ridiculous though that after all our complaining and lobbying for no sprint, they still put it in the game...

Also, if H5 is brutally bad, dont forget we got the MCC.