CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

How? He wasn't being a bro, wasn't even with anyone. Other then the GameStop voice. He was acting like a spartan and how they are described in the books and destroying shit like a badass.

Also preordering from GameStop is amazing.

Go ahead and give me a quote from any halo book that resembles any remotely close to that trailer lmao.

Guys. C'mon now. This is EXACTLY how Spartans are described in lore. A Spartan 4 in GEN2 is equivalent to a Spartan 2 in GEN1.

Equal in speed and strength. That doesn't give them the ability to fly through buildings off a pelican drop. Spartan 2s are lethal don't get me wrong. They're not goku though. This trailer is so over the top.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

The only thing Dudebro in that commercial was the thirty something year old trying to sound like a sixteen year old gamer.

Gamestop's commercials are barely relevant.

Go ahead and give me a quote from any halo book that resembles any remotely close to that trailer lmao.

343 has some major explaining to do, if  Locke's "Hunter" MJOLNIR armor variant has these upgrades, then they need to explain how select Spartan-IV's in War Games also have them. MJOLNIR is such a clusterfuck.

And I'll need a good explanation if they are featured in campaign with the MC (pls no "Cortana upgraded his suit while he was on the Dawn")

@@Frankie @@Sal1ent

The trailer got me giddy because for the first time you actually get to see what spartans have always been described like in the books. 

Everything looks so stylish and badass. 

Got me excited, wish we could have gotten some proper tunes over it and without the GS announcer. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

How? He wasn't being a bro, wasn't even with anyone. Other then the GameStop voice. He was acting like a spartan and how they are described in the books and destroying shit like a badass.

Also preordering from GameStop is amazing because there is no commitment and you can back out at any time.

That's why I don't like most of the books as well as certain cutscenes like the "Spartans vs Elites" one in Halo wars (or "The package" from Halo legends and this episode where one arbiter destroys a whole covenant army only with an energy sword).

The covenant troops look like a bunch of incompetent imbeciles and the Spartans like Power Rangers.

It would seem that the only goal of these scenes is to achieve that 12 year olds can say "Er mah gerd that is so cool Mast0r Cheif kicks alien asses!!111".

In a story where it's all about the devastating superiority of a genocidal enemy it gets pretty implausible if this enemy can't be taken seriously in actual combat.

Trailer was disgusting. Horrible lighting, fast cuts for the sake of fast cuts, shoulder checking a banshee really? It's clearly targeted towards the lowest common denominator and will be running non-stop on television for a few months, so I guess I should just deal with it as it was never intended for me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

A trailer like this is targeted towards kids who would watch it inside of a Gamestop and ask their parents to preorder it, not the audience that lurks these forums. It's meant to grab the attention of people watching it, not to be a direct portrayal of the game. Relax.

• Upvote (+1) 2

A trailer like this is targeted towards kids who would watch it inside of a Gamestop and ask their parents to preorder it, not the audience that lurks these forums. It's meant to grab the attention of people watching it, not to be a direct portrayal of the game. Relax.

Hunt the Truth is the better half of Halo 5's advertisement...

Seriously, who's doing the voice work for Game Stop's commercials? Creeps who watch the school buses pass by every morning and afternoon?

Hunt the Truth is the better half of Halo 5's advertisement...

While I enjoyed finally seeing a spartan portrayed how they are in the books, I agree with this statement.

Hunt the truth is a perfect advertisement meant for the hardcore following like ourselves. A damn good one at that.

While I enjoyed finally seeing a spartan portrayed how they are in the books, I agree with this statement.

Hunt the truth is a perfect advertisement meant for the hardcore following like ourselves. A damn good one at that.

Personally I didn't like the trailer, it was WAY too exaggerated. I was hoping for something a little more subtle, maybe a couple of backflips and punching through a wall, but nothing like that.

When you say "portrayed how they are in the books," do you mean in terms of their strength, speed, endurance, agility etc.? Or literally flying around with built-in thrusters like that? Because they are not portrayed in the books like that.

I like the trailer. If you're going to put Locke against the Chief and have people take the contest seriously, you need to portray Locke as a badass.

Of course the trailer only has a loose connection to how the game will actually play. Similar to past trailers in that respect.

• Upvote (+1) 1

343 has some major explaining to do, if  Locke's "Hunter" MJOLNIR armor variant has these upgrades, then they need to explain how select Spartan-IV's in War Games also have them. MJOLNIR is such a clusterfuck.

And I'll need a good explanation if they are featured in campaign with the MC (pls no "Cortana upgraded his suit while he was on the Dawn")

@@Frankie @@Sal1ent

Why wouldn't the chief have them?

Halo 4 ended with him taking his armour off on the Infinity. Seems reasonable that he could get a new suit of armour.

Why wouldn't the chief have them?

Halo 4 ended with him taking his armour off on the Infinity. Seems reasonable that he could get a new suit of armour.

It would be nice if we just got a semi-clarifying Canon Fodder devoted to clearing up the MJOLNIR canon.

Nades_zpslfkxgyk4.png

:ghost:  :weback:

I know it really doesn't matter, but holy shit can 343 just get their HUDs right?

Still not going to pre-order this game....

Sorry, accidental neg.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nades_zpslfkxgyk4.png

I know it really doesn't matter, but holy shit can 343 just get their HUDs right?

The UNSC will fix it...soon.

Nades_zpslfkxgyk4.png

Maybe it really is 14, like how in the campaign of CE  The Truth and Reconciliation, the player starts with 68 rounds