CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I assume you mean power positions, because Random Ordnance took a LOT away from map control in my opinion. 

Keeping players trapped on Blue/Red Ramp or Open Ramp on Haven could just be shattered by a random Binary drop.

The loadout weapons obviously didn't damage that but Ordnances certainly did.

yea....i completely read his post wrong...smh...post edited

Disclaimer:

I translated this article by hand from an italian website, Everyeye.it

The article was removed from the website very quickly but there is no evidence that anything in the article is true or false, not only that but the guy who wrote the article is a terrible Halo player (like every reviewer). Also, my translation skills aren't top notch, so feel free to ask me anything about the article and I'll try to explain better if my translation wasn't clear.

With that been said, here's the article:

Well, hopefully you hated this guy like I did.

Why the hell would they include sprint? Aren't they doing everything they can to give the fans what they want? Don't they have pros as advisors??

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Why the hell would they include sprint? Aren't they doing everything they can to give the fans what they want? Don't they have pros as advisors??

It was described as a Charge/Tuckle more than sprint. It is a melee ability.

READ THE GODDAM ARTICLE BEFORE COMMENTING! It's like taking a test and answering questions without reading them at all!

Why is this still a thread? We'll know what it's like in a couple of days, and this thread will be pointless even if it's accurate, because it'll still be a poorly worded / detailed article rather than concrete evidence.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why is this still a thread? We'll know what it's like in a couple of days, and this thread will be pointless even if it's accurate, because it'll still be a poorly worded / detailed article rather than concrete evidence.

I'm confused, I thought Halo 5 Beta wouldn't be available until the end of December?

I'm confused, I thought Halo 5 Beta wouldn't be available until the end of December?

Is this your first time on the internet?

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/first-look-at-halo-5-gameplay-coming-next-month-du/1100-6423112/

Microsoft announced today that it will hold a special "HaloFest" live-stream event the night before Halo: The Master Chief Collection's release on November 11 for Xbox One.

First look at Halo 5: Guardians multiplayer beta -- This will include an exhibition match between professional players, giving fans a first look at how the game plays. The game's beta begins December 29, though you'll need to buy The Master Chief Collection to get in.

By Kampfheld from HaloGAF:

COMPETITIVE ENVIRONMENT. RANKS N DIVISIONS. CLANS. MAP CONTROL FOCUS. NO STREAKS. NO DROPS. NO SHIT. ENJOY WEEKEND NOW.

:weback:  :weback:

Is this your first time on the internet?

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/first-look-at-halo-5-gameplay-coming-next-month-du/1100-6423112/

Microsoft announced today that it will hold a special "HaloFest" live-stream event the night before Halo: The Master Chief Collection's release on November 11 for Xbox One.

First look at Halo 5: Guardians multiplayer beta -- This will include an exhibition match between professional players, giving fans a first look at how the game plays. The game's beta begins December 29, though you'll need to buy The Master Chief Collection to get in.

Oh sweet

Forgive my ignorance... what is that?

Bish (head? Mod at NeoGAF) verifies whether or not leakers are in fact true insiders/work for companies/have legitimate sources. If they don't they get banned for making shit up, if they are verified they are believable. Kamp has never been wrong so far, he also is supposedly working on Crackdown 3. 

Bish (head? Mod at NeoGAF) verifies whether or not leakers are in fact true insiders/work for companies/have legitimate sources. If they don't they get banned for making shit up, if they are verified they are believable. Kamp has never been wrong so far, he also is supposedly working on Crackdown 3. 

Ah, cool.

I am confused about his first post with regard to it saying "TRUE AND AWESOME" or whatever: was that in reference to the H5 rumour article? Meaning he's confirming it's all true (except the loadout part at the end)?

Ah, cool.

I am confused about his first post with regard to it saying "TRUE AND AWESOME" or whatever: was that in reference to the H5 rumour article? Meaning he's confirming it's all true (except the loadout part at the end)?

Think he is indeed confirming "most" of it. But he also says "no shit" which we were complaining about after he said it's true (his first morse code post). Which could mean all of the stuff is true but none of the un-mentioned bullshit from Halo 4 is in there or Arena is completely void of movement mechanics and that's left for BtB.

Personally I interpreted it as the leaks are true but it's actually fucking incredible and doesn't have any of the bullshit from Halo 4 like perks/ordinance and other "shit".

Also, clans, divisions and map control focus is sosososososo good to hear.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm gonna be honest... Reading it back, the leaked info, if true, doesn't even sound that bad. Only questionable thing for me is the double jump/airborne mechanics and climbing animation(s)... which I wouldn't think would go over well to begin with (amongst a good portion of the Halo community anyway), but who knows?

Aside from those, it sounds pretty similar to what I've personally felt Halo 5 should be like. The new melee mechanics seem to be tied to a thruster-based move which is pretty rad.

We'll see...

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm gonna be honest... Reading it back, the leaked info, if true, doesn't even sound that bad. Only questionable thing for me is the double jump/airborne mechanics and climbing animation(s)... which I wouldn't think would go over well to begin with (amongst a good portion of the Halo community anyway), but who knows?

Aside from those, it sounds pretty similar to what I've personally felt Halo 5 should be like. The new melee mechanics seem to be tied to a thruster-based move which is pretty rad.

I agree.

If true, it could be a natural evolution of Halo gameplay.

Could feel amazing.

BUT wall/ledge climbing and double jumps? That's too far, I'll take the hover for 2-3 seconds but double jumping and ledge climbing completely ruin what made jumping/skill jumps so iconic in Halo. 

Last thing: I hope to god he just worded it poorly and there's no SPRINTING and it's just a sprint/charge thing move.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

I agree.

Could feel amazing.

BUT wall/ledge climbing and double jumps? That's too far, I'll take the hover for 2-3 seconds but double jumping and ledge climbing completely ruin what made jumping/skill jumps so iconic in Halo. 

Last thing: I hope to god he just worded it poorly and there's no SPRINTING and it's just a sprint/charge thing move.

I think double jumps are a great idea, if maps are designed with it in mind. Compared to other competitive shooters (Quake, UT, Tribes etc.), Halos movement is really simple. Shaking up the movement is one of the few ways that the game can evolve while still keeping the same core ideas of map of trol, weapon control, whatever else.

Ledge climbing sounds terrible though. I don't want to be teleporting to a ledge when I miss a jump.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I agree.

Could feel amazing.

The fact that clans are coming back, and a DIVISION based ranking system is coming is absolutely incredible.

We just need a good game behind it now. I really hope double jumping is not in, nor that hover crap.

Edit: Ledge Climbing also needs to go. I think if enough neg reaction it will be removed after the beta

I think double jumps are a great idea, if maps are designed with it in mind. Compared to other competitive shooters (Quake, UT, Tribes etc.), Halos movement is really simple. Shaking up the movement is one of the few ways that the game can evolve while still keeping the same core ideas of map of trol, weapon control, whatever else.

Anything complex is made of simpler constituent elements. I have to disagree with your suggestion that double jumps are a natural evolution of Halo's movement (obviously I haven't played or seen it, so I don't have any objective opinion) because strafing gun battles are the complexity you get out of Halo's simple movement mechanics. Jumping was only useful in Halo 2 because the kill time of the BR was so long compared to the pistol. Supposedly this would mean that double jumping will only be a successful mechanic based on how fast utility weapons kill in Halo 5.

We'll see...

I'm hoping double-jumping is more of jump-then-short-and-mild-extra-push kind of thing rather than an actual double-jump thing per Titanfall. It would be annoying as hell to see that spammed everywhere, especially setting up a nice mid-air snipe only to have the dude get a quick & significant second boost upward. But if it were more of an extension of the first jump (e.g. gradual extra vertical push) that you could adjust to/account for, then I wouldn't be that upset; in fact, it may be kind of interesting.

The thrusting thing, as I said before, could be amazing if done properly.

Ground-pound and sprint are atrocious, though, and should not be included in any form.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Think he is indeed confirming "most" of it. But he also says "no shit" which we were complaining about after he said it's true (his first morse code post). Which could mean all of the stuff is true but none of the un-mentioned bullshit from Halo 4 is in there or Arena is completely void of movement mechanics and that's left for BtB.

Personally I interpreted it as the leaks are true but it's actually fucking incredible and doesn't have any of the bullshit from Halo 4 like perks/ordinance and other "shit".

Also, clans, divisions and map control focus is sosososososo good to hear.

Agreed.

Clans especially! I have been saying for ages: having an in-game team building mechanic, with assigned "roles" (purely cosmetic) and "team pages" would be amazing. Especially if you can assign a team logo, captain, along with the cosmetic role labels (e.g. "Sniper Extraordinare" lol) that are displayed on said page.

And then a specific playlist for those teams/clans (at least a 4v4 one) that requires you to be online with at least 3 other team members to even search the playlist, and have your team ranked 1-50 instead of the individual players. Also, leaderboards for ranking said teams, and a "challenge" feature for if you wanna challenge a higher ranking team to rank your own team up faster than normal / matchmaking.

Possibilities are endless if done right. THOSE are the kind of evolutions to Halo that we need & will make things great for Halo again :)

• Upvote (+1) 2