CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

The lighting in beta was early and there were some big issues with visibility. We're working on it using a combination of different lighting changes/improvements.

Right now we're just using markers on the weapon pads, but the outline highlight makes weapons really obvious and easy to pick out, whether it's the smaller secondary weapons placed on the map or the dropped weapons from downed players.

Good good :)

That sounds great on both points, playing as the red team could be quite annoying in the beta.

Good good :)

That sounds great on both points, playing as the red team could be quite annoying in the beta.

2b34c350e9c95645516ffcf3951b6b19.png

Minimum times between kills in a multikill needs to be lowered back to 3.5 seconds.

4 seconds just doesn't look too impressive with Halo 5's faster gameplay.

@@Sal1ent

:wutface:

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

:wutface:

he's not entirely wrong, low level was kind of fast, though it could take a serious dive on higher levels of play.

Halo 5 will need many different power-ups/power weapons to split up teams - the most effective strategy on Truth TS was to run around as a pack, and dominate with sword + ARs. 

Wasn't a problem with the forge maps, Eden, and Strongholds... multiple objectives are needed to balance teamshooting.

240232499055457.jpg

VS

52568721111861215.jpg

>

AMIRITE?

Had trouble seeing the blue flag for a sec, it blends with the site's dark theme.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Halo 5 will need many different power-ups/power weapons to split up teams - the most effective strategy on Truth TS was to run around as a pack, and dominate with sword + ARs. 

Wasn't a problem with the forge maps, Eden, and Strongholds... multiple objectives are needed to balance teamshooting.

That was one of the most disgusting things about the beta and it was all due to the pathetically easy aiming. The virtual requirement to clusterfuck. Even worse, waytards were praising it because apparently that's "teamwork".

I've got a list of all the people who have #DontBuyH5 in their sigs. 

We'll see how those tides change at launch.

I am done with this series. I don't know when you guys will draw the line but ADS + all the old problemes again is just too much for me.

I know that Halo constantly went downhill but there is some point where you are done with it.

Praising this game and saying it is the "arena" multiplayer beta is a joke in my opinion and after Halo 4 (which I bought without checking gameplay first) I will not buy another game that is called Halo but includes more stuff from CoD with every new title.

They clearly adressed that they don't want to return to classic Halo and want to keep their "sales>gameplay" direction and because of that it is over for me.

• Upvote (+1) 2

240232499055457.jpg

VS

52568721111861215.jpg

>

AMIRITE?

I nearly forgot about the Snake and Eagle teams. Were they ever used past H1?

I nearly forgot about the Snake and Eagle teams. Were they ever used past H1?

Halo 4 had animals associated with team colors.

Halo 4 had animals associated with team colors.

Halo 4 animals also looked like something of low quality.

Minimum times between kills in a multikill needs to be lowered back to 3.5 seconds.

@@Sal1ent

CE-Reach was 4 seconds between multkills, and H4,H5,and H2A is 4.5 Seconds.

• Upvote (+1) 1

They clearly adressed that they don't want to return to classic Halo and want to keep their "sales>gameplay" direction and because of that it is over for me.

Too bad 343 is delusional enough to believe real halo would sell worse then cod in space...

Wasn't Reach 4.5?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Too bad 343 is delusional enough to believe real halo would sell worse then cod in space...

Wasn't Reach 4.5?

No it was 4 seconds.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I am done with this series. I don't know when you guys will draw the line but ADS + all the old problemes again is just too much for me.

Other than aesthetics and the occasional tightening of spread, it is nothing even close to ADS.

And please tell me, what are these old problems?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I thought CE - Reach was 3.5, and H4, H2A, H5 Beta was 4?

I thought CE - Reach was 3.5, and H4, H2A, H5 Beta was 4?

Nope. H4 was the first game to up it from 4 to 4.5.

• Upvote (+1) 2