CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

No it wasn't it was around the lower half of the top 10 on the first day when Lirik,Swiftor and someone else was on it might have at best been 4th. Stop fabricating fake lies the numbers mean nothing anyway by the 2nd week the numbers were very low.

Bloudborne is 5th now because of the same reason games like Payday,dyling light were near the top it's because they were new titles same with Halo 5 they slowly dwindled away.

The lack of grammar on this forum hurts...

• Upvote (+1) 1

No it wasn't it was around the lower half of the top 10 on the first day when Lirik,Swiftor and someone else was on it might have at best been 4th. Stop fabricating fake lies the numbers mean nothing anyway by the 2nd week the numbers were very low.

Bloudborne is 5th now because of the same reason games like Payday,dyling light were near the top it's because they were new titles same with Halo 5 they slowly dwindled away.

"Stop fabricating fake lies"

Oh man my head hurts. Don't know why you have to be so salty about it. The beta was #2 first day and top 5 2nd day. After that it dropped out of top 10.

It's not like I have a bad memory. 100% confident in this, so either believe me or don't, I couldn't care less bro.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Does its twitch position even matter? It would have been competing against the likes of LoL, DOTA and Hearthstone. All of which are free and can be played on your average potato.

This was just a limited beta of an exclusive for a console which is struggling relative to its competition. Halo 5's potential fanbase is far smaller, of course its viewing numbers are going to be smaller.

Regardless, the game was fun. The number if people watching it on twitch doesn't affect that.

Edit: this wasn't targeted at anyone in particular, just commenting on the general discussion.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm not arguing what it means or if it matters, I was just stating the numbers/truth.

Most big streamers stream new games for promotional/paid reasons or because they know a lot of people will watch It since it's the big new thing. The peak viewers are never as important as the stable, consistent fan base (as long as it's a healthy number).

I could care less bro.

So by that logic, you do care. When you say, "I could care less", you are literally implying it is possible to care any less than you already do now. Grammar Nazism at its finest.
  • Upvote (+1) 8

So by that logic, you do care. When you say, "I could care less", you are literally implying it is possible to care any less than you already do now. Grammar Nazism at its finest.

+rep for #wrecking my face

Usually I get that right, whoops.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Bloodborne is at the top of Twitch because it's a new title. It won't be there in a months time.

Also it's because lirik and summit are playing it and they get like 30k viewers combined

Is there any confirmation that this game will be local/regional searching only? In the few games I played of the beta almost all of my matches were on foreign host. Will there be an option for what server you play on or whether you want local searching or not if every game runs on dedis there shouldn't be any problem with a foreign player picking up host etc

343 have claimed that we can choose what data center we are playing on.

Wouldn't expect it to function though.

Cheers, they should have implemented it in mcc would have fixed long search times. Still this game doesn't do it for me, sprint just kills EVERYTHING

Bit late to the conversation but Halo 5 was #1 on Twitch at least once. I didn't keep up after the first week, but I know for a fact Lirik was on it for a while and him alone is enough to take a game from top 5 to #1 if it has a bunch of other streamers on it. I recall Halo 5 having a bunch of other top streamers too, Ninja himself was pulling a shit ton of view that time.

It's not a problem for top streamers to obtain early access codes for most games, so in that sense, it's not a complete surprise. Bloodborne is undergoing the same kind of thing I think it's sitting somewhere in top 5 right now, though IMO it had a lot more hype behind it than a beta for Halo after MCC's launch at the time.

Hunt the Truth was updated last night with a letter from Michael Sullivan offering Benjamin Giraud the job to write about the Master Chief. Sullivan was the recruit in the Forward Unto Dawn mini series that hacked ONI, getting clips of the SPARTAN II Project in action.

tumblr_nlvx20WRmm1uokpa1o1_1280.jpg

Found this fan work while searching for some other stuff. Can we please have this in Halo 5 or have it be considered for future titles? @@Deez @@Frankie @@Sal1ent

5076894.jpg

Halo: The MFC

Halo: The Myfreecams?

Did they ever address weapons being hard to see on maps Halo 5? If not, something like Halo Online would be cool

X6nnNNK.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1

Did they ever address weapons being hard to see on maps Halo 5? If not, something like Halo Online would be cool

X6nnNNK.jpg

They're adding a marker in Halo 5 after feedback.

We have a solution in the game now that is very similar to that screenshot from Halo Online. It helps highlight weapons in the environment and blends smoothly as they come into range. We're still tuning it, but it's been a huge improvement for picking weapons out of the environment in varied lighting conditions.

Have you done much to counter the visibility issues on some of the maps? Mainly the pretty major advantage for the blue team?

We have a solution in the game now that is very similar to that screenshot from Halo Online. It helps highlight weapons in the environment and blends smoothly as they come into range. We're still tuning it, but it's been a huge improvement for picking weapons out of the environment in varied lighting conditions.

Is there going to be anything similar to the H2A markers to show where the smaller weapons spawn? Or is that a feature reserved for the weapon pads?

All I'm saying Josh is that there better be some Spartan II's kicking some Spartan IV ass in one of these cutscenes :)

Not picked up

3gWZXWv.jpg

Picked up

D0vbF6y.jpg

If possible, please use the same approach that H2A's MP used. 

• Upvote (+1) 2