CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Post above hit the nail on the head. I simply can't see anyone at 343 or M$ letting a failed launch happen under any circumstances. I still put half the issues down to the the Xbox One. I think it's the most over worked and over complicated thing I've ever owned, can only imagine how much harder it makes the devs lives making games for it.

the xbox ones #1 detriment is that it's harder to develop on, on its own it's capable of pushing out amazing looking games, but only if the devs are good with it technically, which won't be common until years from now.

I wonder if this game will work at launch

Probably not

well from everything I've seen and heard (never got a chance to play it :( ) the beta functioned well, and that was long before launch, so I think its pretty safe to say the MP will functionright at launch. Now as for everything else (SP, forge, theater) I cannot say and there's also the chance that it launches functional and incomplete like halo 4.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

You bastard are going to make me buy Halo 5. I miss our good old times </3

I NEED SOME PILLS, WHERE IS @@pharmassists THE FEELINGS ARE KILLING ME.

Just take addy and we can go pro :)

• Upvote (+1) 4

well from everything I've seen and heard (never got a chance to play it :( ) the beta functioned well, and that was long before launch, so I think its pretty safe to say the MP will functionright at launch. Now as for everything else (SP, forge, theater) I cannot say and there's also the chance that it launches functional and incomplete like halo 4.

There was a few bugs, nothing hugely serious, but annoying at times.

If a single person left after a game instead of staying in the lobby you would have to force quit because you would never find that last person. For some reason the beta never let you back out once searching. I waited several times until everyone left slowly waiting for more people to come in.

Same thing would happen in searching normally, no where near as often, but it did happen to me a few times.

• Upvote (+1) 1

There was a few bugs, nothing hugely serious, but annoying at times.

If a single person left after a game instead of staying in the lobby you would have to force quit because you would never find that last person. For some reason the beta never let you back out once searching. I waited several times until everyone left slowly waiting for more people to come in.

Same thing would happen in searching normally, no where near as often, but it did happen to me a few times.

I didn't know that, thank you.

I wish there was like a list of all the bugs/glitches in the H5 beta.

I didn't know that, thank you.

I wish there was like a list of all the bugs/glitches in the H5 beta.

To be fair, the Halo 5 beta honestly still worked a thousand times better than MCC ever has. It did have the odd glitch, but you could tell the UI was still certainly a work in progress.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The only way I would consider buying Halo 5 is if there was an actual map editor in forge; terrain, different walls floor and object themes ext.

Also the possibility to individually change weapon damage (mele and shooting) to be stronger/weaker in 5% increments.

It would be nice to be able to change the physics of the weapons to be more like H1, H2, or H3.

Along having an option to turn off the armor abilities

Its about time that the custom game options are more in depth because they have been the same for the last 3 Halos.

I Basically would like to not be forced to play 343's shitty version of Halo

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

As far as 360 games that came out in 2007, Halo 3 was inarguably the best, but it also had no competition. 

You mean like CoD 4?

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The company that made vanilla reach, and the company controlled by activision would not bring halo back to its form

But they won't fucking lie to us.

They won't publish a game that is fully broken.

They will let you know where you stand with them.

Oops.. Getting caught up on this thread and got too pissed to realize my reply was out dated.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I think its funny how people will say they won't buy it unless it meets some incredibly specific (and often absurd) criteria but then they'll buy it and end up crying about it later on.

I've got a list of all the people who have #DontBuyH5 in their sigs. 

We'll see how those tides change at launch.

• Upvote (+1) 6

lol, I'm just look at their recent games on xbl, guarantee half of 'em or more will get it.

I would like to buy h5 if it turns out to be a game i would like, but I would really fucking hate to support 343 or M$ after what they did with MCC... first world problems....

Feel free to put me at the top of the list.. That game will not touch my console.

But to piggyback off of your post - I have already seen numerous people who had it in their sig take it off

Fickle Halo fans these days, I tell  ya.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

lol, I'm just look at their recent games on xbl, guarantee half of 'em or more will get it.

Not a chance for this guy.  And please feel free to look at my recent games come release.

343 aint getting anymore of my money. :D

• Upvote (+1) 3

I will not get the game, not even for campaign. I'll just watch a youtube video of all the clips put together. The story will be much better that way without having to thrust, clamber, and sprint my way through it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not a chance for this guy.  And please feel free to look at my recent games come release.

343 aint getting anymore of my money. :D

I plan to buy it used, after a few days of reading about it on forums.  I still want to play it, but I'd rather give Gamestop my money than 343.

I plan to buy it used, after a few days of reading about it on forums.  I still want to play it, but I'd rather give Gamestop my money than 343.

Im not sure thats entirely how it works. 

Im not sure thats entirely how it works. 

Depending on where you get it 343 can get pretty much nothing when you buy used games. Gamestop though? They're probably picking up some of that cash somehow but it used to be they saw exactly 0% of the used game sale.

Oops.. Getting caught up on this thread and got too pissed to realize my reply was out dated.

have you played destiny?
  • Upvote (+1) 2

We'd still have shitty games.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wish there was an optional game to play right now other than Halo but there is seriously nothing....

And i will probably buy Halo 5 on release too which is a fking shame that i still give money to a studio who fucked me twice in the ass.

I think the multiplayer will be much better than MCC, at least going by how the beta functioned. With the announcement of dedicated servers for matchmaking and customs, that puts a little more hope out there for a stable multiplayer launch. But, we shall see come this holiday...

I will not get the game, not even for campaign. I'll just watch a youtube video of all the clips put together. The story will be much better that way without having to thrust, clamber, and sprint my way through it.

I typically play campaigns first now. Depending on how the campaign is executed, the story premise from rumors and initial marketing sounds good. I see what you mean though about using the spartan abilities in the campaign. With these new abilities, there will likely be more cinematic sequences of high-octane action, which is not a bad thing if they can populate huge battles on-screen at  once. 

I will be lol'ing all day when people start to post speed runs of Halo 5, with Master Chief  and Agent Locke just sprinting through most of the areas without touching enemies.

Bungie would never lie to us.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I really don't feel the need to buy H5. I might pick it up used, but my #Don'tBuyH5 is basically a "Don't buy it new" kind of thing. I don't support the new direction of Halo, thus I won't put money into the game. I'll give the money to the store selling it, because they profit from the resale of the games, but that's the only option I'll go with. If someone wants to buy it used and return it, then I'll pick it up to get the story, but I had about 0 fun with the Beta. I quit playing and didn't really miss it about halfway through the BR starts week. I was really hoping the BR Starts would make the game better, but I didn't have a team to go in with and playing solo was just a crap shoot.

The only things that kept me playing until I quit was the hopes for BR Starts and the ranking system, but getting shit teammates because the system didn't match people that well made it impossible for me to enjoy the game. So with BR Starts not helping and a terrible skill matching system, I just gave up. I'll campaign the hell out of it so I can see what happens, but for once I'm actually not excited for Halo. The things Josh has said (dedicated servers for customs, weapon tunings, etc) make me a little excited for the series moving forward, but I'm just not excited about the game. If they launch another beta (which they said they probably won't) then I would probably play it to see if the changes made a difference, but with the complete focus on needing two players to take down one is just not what I want in any game. I get the teamwork focus, but I don't want a teamshot focus.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Depending on where you get it 343 can get pretty much nothing when you buy used games. Gamestop though? They're probably picking up some of that cash somehow but it used to be they saw exactly 0% of the used game sale.

Am I reading this correctly? Pretty sure selling used games is how Gamestop makes almost all of their profit. Their whole business model is about buying games low and reselling them high. The devs don't see any of that money on the second go-round. That's why MS almost did that watermarked game crap prior to XB1's release, but everyone lost their mind and they changed it.