CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I'd say there's quite a bit of relativity to that situation. 

As far as 360 games that came out in 2012, Halo 4 was probably one of the best.  

IMO a bad Halo is still better than 90% of any other game you could buy.

What's stopping anyone from buying the other 10%?

Or you know..find a store that is giving copies out early...

I have not pre ordered a single game in my life and I don't really get why so many people do...

As for H5G..I will wait until we know more! I will buy the at least for campaign, the question is when I will buy it, and if I might even get a used copy (would be the first time for a Halo)

I also don't see the need for physical copies anymore.

The biggest selling point for physical games opposed to digital these days is that I like to have a collection of game boxes, even though it is kind of a waste of space. Steelbook cases are nice too.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

The biggest selling point for physical games opposed to digital these days is that I like to have a collection of game boxes, even though it is kind of a waste of space. Steelbook cases are nice too.

physical copies are cheaper to get even relatively close to the game's launch/ at its launch! I got my H4 copie from the UK (living in germany) and paid just about 55€ including shipping instead of 70€ (if i remember correctly) I would have to spent on the digital version.

Some of us have mediocre internet connections and/or data caps.

I'm gunna assume you mean Australia?

I'm gunna assume you mean Australia?

Canada in my case, it's almost definitely worse in Australia though.

As far as 360 games that came out in 2012, Halo 4 was probably one of the best.  

As far as 360 games that came out in 2007, Halo 3 was inarguably the best, but it also had no competition. 

I get that. I feel the same way about albums too. There's something more personal and special about having the physical copy of something.

As far as 360 games that came out in 2007, Halo 3 was inarguably the best, but it also had no competition.

I wouldn't say that. Like 3 CoD games come to mind, GoW, L4D, etc. There's definitely more competition now though

in what sense? popularity, competitive merit?

Data cap in my case . . . but I live 90 miles from the Chicago data center.  Some areas are not as well developed as others for connectivity, and in my case, Verizon has no competition.  They can charge whatever the fuck they want to.

Honestly? CoD4 was probably better than Halo 3. The only reason it didn't just stomp H3 out like CoD does Halo now is because CoD hadn't yet grown into the giant that it became and Halo was still riding the wave of being the premier XBL series after H2. It feels awkward to even say that but the first MW was great. Lesser CoDs destroy everything now on console

• Downvote (-1) 1

the competition didn't start coming along until around a year later, when it was up against 3 cods, fallout 3, battlefield, gta and others and still would occasionally get the #1 spot on xbl.

For those of you who won't be buying Halo 5 because of it's gameplay, what is the minimum change 343 would have to make for you to buy it? Is it just sprint, some spartan abilities, maps, or what combination changes?

most of the people here will buy halo 5 within the first month, the people that will buy it later on would have done so likely regardless of quality, I think its funny how people will say they won't buy it unless it meets some incredibly specific (and often absurd) criteria but then they'll buy it and end up crying about it later on.

Personally I knew halo 4 was going to be trash about a month or 2 before launch (something that shouldve been obvious sooner to just about everyone) but I bought it anyway because I had high hopes for its campaign, to realize it was one of the easiest and most linear games in the series, huge disappointment.

I bought the MCC for the SP honestly, specifically H2A which was wonderful I thought, of course the MP was garbage and it had too many issues to count, but still having 4 halo games (plus ODST) is a great buy, even excluding its MP, can't say I was too disappointed.

As for halo 5 assuming it isn't horribly broken with glitches (like MCC) and that its SP is good (on a gameplay AND a story level) I'll buy it ASAP, just hope 343i doesn'tscrew it up somehow.

@@Cursed Lemon sorry for negging you, I meant it the other way.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wonder if this game will work at launch

Probably not

I'd say yes. No way M$ let's a MCC style shitshow happen again. Also, 1 game is easier to manage then 5... and I think 343's A team was placed on H5G... the beta worked pretty well. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Post above hit the nail on the head. I simply can't see anyone at 343 or M$ letting a failed launch happen under any circumstances. I still put half the issues down to the the Xbox One. I think it's the most over worked and over complicated thing I've ever owned, can only imagine how much harder it makes the devs lives making games for it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'd say yes. No way M$ let's a MCC style shitshow happen again. Also, 1 game is easier to manage then 5... and I think 343's A team was placed on H5G... the beta worked pretty well.

I hope your right

Considering M$ decided to release h5 the same time as the new cod, we can't afford another failed launch

I hope your right

Considering M$ decided to release h5 the same time as BLOPS3, we can't afford another failed launch

Edited your post for more accuracy. (its confirmed btw).

But yeah, I agree. Needs to be flawless given the circumstances. 

• Upvote (+1) 1