CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I hope the rumor is true. Having a great H2A to bring all the OG Halo players back and then build off of that success with a GREAT Halo 5 is exactly what the Halo community needs. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

Well I think we can live in the comfort of believing this will be better than what we currently have.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I'm hoping the don't futher self-destruct but I don't have my hopes up cause at this point I'm just expecting more of the same bullshit we have been fed the last few years starting with reach

stupid+gif.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I know this is a terrible way to look at it, but it can't really get worse

Right o.o?

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Right o.o?

they could always lower the base movement speed

make AA's last forever

Make every weapon have the same aiming mechanisms as the h4 beam rifle.

return reach's original bloom with h3's spread mechanic.

lower the jump height

lower strafe responsiveness

no option to disable radar

make radar 100m. It's 40/50m in h4 or something and like 15/25m in h3.

make vehicles have h2/h3's durability but have hr/h4's long range.

you can now get banshees in your personal ordinance

pull a titanfall and have no custom games.

no theater

it could get a lot worse...

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So will the classic Coke return, or will 343 stick with the new Coke?

The original coke had cocaine in it I believe, so no they won't be using old coke.
  • Upvote (+1) 7

Judging by the OP initially, I thought we were going to have some new rumor information leak and not a hyperlink to a Beyond thread created in April.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Right o.o?

I'm cautiously optimistic about H5 but "it can't get any worse" is exactly how I felt after Halo Reach. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

Is that cover art real?

As for halo 5 though I'm not too excited it'll be all that great, it may be wonderful on a general level but I doubt it'll be the halo we all knew and loved, hopefully 343i learn from their mistakes but even that I find unlikely on a larger level.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Is that cover art real?

As for halo 5 though I'm not too excited it'll be all that great, it may be wonderful on a general level but I doubt it'll be the halo we all knew and loved, hopefully 343i learn from their mistakes but even that I find unlikely on a larger level.

It is based off of this image from a Waypoint article from a few months ago

ZW55hOQ.jpg

That was in this article https://blogs.halowaypoint.com/en-us/blogs/headlines/posts/new-year%E2%80%99s-revolutions-a-bite-sized-peek-behind-the-curtain

• Upvote (+1) 3

Judging by the OP initially, I thought we were going to have some new rumor information leak and not a hyperlink to a Beyond thread created in April.

This is to cover the potential rumors and news in the coming month leading into E3.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If this open world shit is true then GG no re.

Link?

But yeah I (aswell as others) have sort of imagined a halo game that was RPG and I came to the conclusion that halo would surprisingly fit very well into the RPG genre, as for MP and the like I don't exactly know what the effects would be but SP wise it would be great if they were to go full on RPG.

The possibility's of whats going to happen in the next month are endless, June 9th at 11:30 est Halo will be reborn but we don't know if its going to be good or evil.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

If this open world shit is true then GG no re.

Link?

But yeah I (aswell as others) have sort of imagined a halo game that was RPG and I came to the conclusion that halo would surprisingly fit very well into the RPG genre, as for MP and the like I don't exactly know what the effects would be but SP wise it would be great if they were to go full on RPG.

99.999% chance this is nonsense.

As far as I know, the rumors originated here...http://pastebin.com/qW6LVdFx

Campaign is planned to be 3-5 times longer than Halo 4. No more linear , going open world.

Frankie's response...http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=67995921&postcount=256

Seems legit.

• Upvote (+1) 3