Respect

Naded Stream

That is crazy. He beat out Ninjas best numbers I bet and Ninja is a real fan favorite. I think it's so interesting comparing Youtubers/Streamers and what makes people wants to sub/donate. Like the hype literally gets people going haha. Honestly though Naded does deserve it. He has been on the grind while other pros are just kinda sitting around waiting it out until MCC. I wish I had "pro" status because I would be streaming Halo every day instead of working a 8-5 job Mon-Friday. It takes a lot of effort but he's following his dreams. Good for him.

Hope he can win a tourny soon though.

• Upvote (+1) 3

That is crazy. He beat out Ninjas best numbers I bet and Ninja is a real fan favorite. I think it's so interesting comparing Youtubers/Streamers and what makes people wants to sub/donate. Like the hype literally gets people going haha. Honestly though Naded does deserve it. He has been on the grind while other pros are just kinda sitting around waiting it out until MCC. I wish I had "pro" status because I would be streaming Halo every day instead of working a 8-5 job Mon-Friday. It takes a lot of effort but he's following his dreams. Good for him.

Hope he can win a tourny soon though.

Notice Ninja was streaming H3 today, with the subtitle "trying to reach 1,000" follows? Probably wasn't a coincidence especially after Naded made bank on H3 the day before. Even so, props to both those guys for sticking with Halo after it was no longer lucrative to do so. I'm not the biggest Ninja fan but I will always have a certain amount of respect for him for sticking with Halo after a lot of other pros declared it dead and quit, or switched to CoD.

Notice Ninja was streaming H3 today, with the subtitle "trying to reach 1,000" follows? Probably wasn't a coincidence especially after Naded made bank on H3 the day before. Even so, props to both those guys for sticking with Halo after it was no longer lucrative to do so. I'm not the biggest Ninja fan but I will always have a certain amount of respect for him for sticking with Halo after a lot of other pros declared it dead and quit, or switched to CoD.

Ninja's been trying to reach 1000 subscribers for over a week now for a huge giveaway. He even has more subs than Naded does at the moment (currently at 810 or so). This record breaking day for Naded was just a cool thing to witness/be apart of (I subbed as well).

• Upvote (+1) 1

Glad to see this. Streaming Halo 3 is been a pretty thankless task over the last few years, and it's great that people have kept it up and kept the H3 streaming community alive. It's nice that it is finally starting to pay off. I'm sure things will only get better for those that persevered through the difficult times when Reach/4 were released.

Glad to see this. Streaming Halo 3 is been a pretty thankless task over the last few years, and it's great that people have kept it up and kept the H3 streaming community alive. It's nice that it is finally starting to pay off. I'm sure things will only get better for those that persevered through the difficult times when Reach/4 were released.

That, or a few jerks will come out of nowhere and steal all of the viewers without the effort :kappa:

That, or a few jerks will come out of nowhere and steal all of the viewers without the effort :kappa:

Any pro that thinks they will come and "steal" all the viewers have another things coming to them. Skill isn't the only thing that draws viewers. Interaction, personality that viewers can relate to...etc is what draws in viewers. He is starting to gain a dedicated following and that is what you need. People are blind to this

• Upvote (+1) 2

Any pro that thinks they will come and "steal" all the viewers have another things coming to them. Skill isn't the only thing that draws viewers. Interaction, personality that viewers can relate to...etc is what draws in viewers. He is starting to gain a dedicated following and that is what you need. People are blind to this

Exactly, the Twitch audience isn't generally the most attentive audience, and most people naturally gravitate towards out-spoken charismatic people whether that is in the workplace, relationships,sports, whatever you cant be a shut in and expect people to easily like you. 

Oh I definitely know this.  I'm just saying that new faces will probably emerge in the wake of MCC, and I'm sure people will be sore that they weren't about Halo during the "dark ages" or whatever yet still got popular.

Oh I definitely know this.  I'm just saying that new faces will probably emerge in the wake of MCC, and I'm sure people will be sore that they weren't about Halo during the "dark ages" or whatever yet still got popular.

I can see that https://twitter.com/LEGIQN guy and Gandhi being HUGE when the MCC drops, they are honestly some of the funniest/craziest guys in e-sports and a game like H2 is a match made in heaven for them because its pure madness just like them at times  :lol:. Gandhi's type of humor is not like "HAHA" funny either like hes making jokes, its more just him articulating the craziness that goes on his mind and trash-talking everyone lol.

People are always sore about new people "stealing the thunder" away from established veterans, Ninja is still hated on for being a "Reach kid" for that reason.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Been one of my favorite players since Halo 2. Really wish more Pro's were like Naded. You have my respect sir!

Very true. Considering the fact that on occasion, the Twitch community can be really toxic, as a whole it also has some redeeming qualities. In my experience, haters come and go, but viewers that you interact with, watch each others streams and follow will be there for years. It amazed me that when I started streaming for a couple of days after an 18 month break, loads of viewers that I hadn't spoken to in a long time started watching and supporting.

With that said, there will always be the new kids on the block that will steal away a bit of the thunder. People like Ninja did that to my generation of H3 streamers from JTV, and newer kids will inevitably do it to him. You've got to stream for the right reasons because of this, because if it's for financial gain, you'll fall off the map quicker than a sack of shit when the new kid on the block takes over.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I will never stop streaming GOOD Halo's!

• Upvote (+1) 1

I love Nadeds stream, I wish more chats could be active like that, I have seen so many streams (including my own) with 20-40 viewers and only two people chatting, from a streamers perspective it is a little discouraging, I thrive off of speaking to my chat, and when I have 8 viewers on CoD talking more than 35 on halo it kind of gets to you, I'm not complaining, just going to encourage viewers to be a little more active in chats! It really does help the streamer!

Props to him. He's actually one of the only pros who are dedicated to Halo no matter the situation it is in currently and still plays it unlike Formal, SnipeDown, Ninja (attempted to) that have tried and achieved pro status in CoD, of all games too. 

Someone who still tries to keep a dead game alive and manages to do so is definitely a pat on the back from me. 

Like, there are a few people who aren't pros who stream and play Halo competitively, like Dominator for instance. I absolutely love watching him stream, but Brett goes all out. 

5806140854_b834c4a8e3_m.jpg

You've got to stream for the right reasons because of this, because if it's for financial gain, you'll fall off the map quicker than a sack of shit when the new kid on the block takes over.

^^ preach. I see way too many people jumping into streaming for the fame and fortune. It's always embarrassing when you see a 5 viewer stream and the kid is doing "follower giveaways" and shit. Just desperate